Jose Antonio Reyes dies

5 hours ago, throbber said:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/talksport.com/football/552290/jose-antonio-reyes-spain-team-mate/amp/

Bit of a controversial one from Canizares here but I suppose he does have a point.

Apparently he was doing 147mph at the time of the crash.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/jose-antonio-reyes-driving-147mph-16246877

6 hours ago, throbber said:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/talksport.com/football/552290/jose-antonio-reyes-spain-team-mate/amp/

Bit of a controversial one from Canizares here but I suppose he does have a point.

The point Canizares was making was more criticising him for driving so fast and being dangerous in doing so, Canizares lost his 5-year-old son last year to cancer so I imagine things like family tragedies are quite a sore point for him.

If you’re driving at 147 mph you are putting other road users at great risk not to mention the passengers in your own car. His 23 year old cousin is dead because of this dangerous behaviour and another one of his cousins is in a critical state with serious burns. Had Reyes survived the crash he would be spending time in jail for death by dangerous driving so Canizares has a point saying that he shouldn’t be held up as a hero, but coming out with these comments so soon after is obviously going to cause great upset so I’m not really sure what he was expecting.

Not sure how often folk in Spain pay attention to the speed limits. Had to get a taxi last year from Benidorm to Alicante Airport and the c**t was doing 140 for most of the time we were on the motorway.

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Of course Canizares has a point. Can understand why people havent come out and said it but was anyone not thinking it?

Funnily enough, I said the exact same thing to someone yesterday who was bemoaning his death.  It's of course very sad but I'm a great believer in "live by the sword, die by the sword", people make lifestyle choices and if it doesn't come off then they should be well aware of the consequences, whether it's driving like a maniac or taking copious amounts of class A drugs, frankly I don't have a great deal of sympathy for anything that's self inflicted, especially when there's good people contracting life threatening diseases such as cancers and leukaemia etc every single day.......

On ‎04‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 09:19, Ross. said:

Not sure how often folk in Spain pay attention to the speed limits. Had to get a taxi last year from Benidorm to Alicante Airport and the c**t was doing 140 for most of the time we were on the motorway.

I always think the drivers in Spain are nutters

3 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

I always think the drivers in Spain are nutters

Agreed, I've driven in a fair amount of countries and in Spain they are one of the worst. Although still some way off the worst country I've driven in, Israel.

Archived