The Brechin City Thread

Hedgecutter

13 hours ago, 1993 said:

Gavin Price had run his race at Elgin but the slide was mainly down to difficulty in recruitment for various reasons. He was one of our most successful managers and assistant with Jim Weir. He was well liked by all at the club. He has experience, knowledge of the HL scene as well as Tayside, Angus etc. He will also bring finance to the club. There are obviously loads of different candidates but I think it would be very short sighted of Brechin to dismiss him as a candidate, if he is, just on his last season at Elgin.

What finance would he bring? We certainly need all the money we can currently get our hands on.

14 hours ago, 1993 said:

Gavin Price had run his race at Elgin but the slide was mainly down to difficulty in recruitment for various reasons. He was one of our most successful managers and assistant with Jim Weir. He was well liked by all at the club. He has experience, knowledge of the HL scene as well as Tayside, Angus etc. He will also bring finance to the club. There are obviously loads of different candidates but I think it would be very short sighted of Brechin to dismiss him as a candidate, if he is, just on his last season at Elgin.

I get their experience but what did they win or am i missing something?

41 minutes ago, le smudge said:

I get their experience but what did they win or am i missing something?

Obviously didn’t win anything but relative to our position in previous seasons etc. What have the majority of managers in the SPFL won? If your looking for a Manager who has won something, I once coached a youth team to a local league win, there are hundreds out there who have managed cup wins at amateur level, junior level, even a few in HL who have won cups and the league etc. Do they have the experience skill set to take your club to the SPFL. How much they have won is irrelevant.

43 minutes ago, Rossco8326 said:

I would like to know that too. Didn't relise it was that bad. Couldn't make it to the AGM 

He owns several Hotels/ pubs in Aberfeldy. I believe he contributed to the Elgin coffers to subsidise players wages.

50 minutes ago, 1993 said:

He owns several Hotels/ pubs in Aberfeldy. I believe he contributed to the Elgin coffers to subsidise players wages.

Thanks for clearing that up. Sure we were after him when Mark Wilson got sacked but elgin wouldn't let us talk to him 

4 hours ago, Rossco8326 said:

Thanks for clearing that up. Sure we were after him when Mark Wilson got sacked but elgin wouldn't let us talk to him 

We wanted him and Elgin knew it. I understand that he signed a new improved contract.  

10 hours ago, Rossco8326 said:

I would like to know that too. Didn't relise it was that bad. Couldn't make it to the AGM 

Finances are shocking ,that’s why 2 board members resigned.Also that’s why no other players are coming in.Looks like we will be in the Highland League for a while now.Dont expect a top of the range manager as we can’t afford that.

2 minutes ago, citydiehard said:

Finances are shocking ,that’s why 2 board members resigned.Also that’s why no other players are coming in.Looks like we will be in the Highland League for a while now.Dont expect a top of the range manager as we can’t afford that.

Which 2 board members resigned ?  

Stop making shit up. 

53 minutes ago, citydiehard said:

There are currently 6 Board members and none of them resigned.

No office bearers resigned.

2 members of the Management / Operations team have left but have been replaced.

You would be surprised at the quantity and quality of people who have applied for the Manager vacancy

8 hours ago, Kev8122 said:

There are currently 6 Board members and none of them resigned.

No office bearers resigned.

2 members of the Management / Operations team have left but have been replaced.

You would be surprised at the quantity and quality of people who have applied for the Manager vacancy

That's encouraging to hear we can attract good quality managers 

10 hours ago, citydiehard said:

Two board members resigned? Well that’s not true…