The Brechin City Thread

Hedgecutter

19 hours ago, Rossco8326 said:

Any rumours of who is linked with the managers job ? Some one said to me eddie wolecki black was sitting in the stand on Saturday 

Didn't see Wolecki at the game on Saturday, supposedly Keith Gibson and Daryn Smith spotted in the main stand.

I think main contenders will be Liam Craig, Gavin Price and Simmy.... Mo Ross interviewed in Costa on Sunday...hopefully to tell him not to bother applying as his record at Cowden was horrific

2 hours ago, le smudge said:

Didn't see Wolecki at the game on Saturday, supposedly Keith Gibson and Daryn Smith spotted in the main stand.

I think main contenders will be Liam Craig, Gavin Price and Simmy.... Mo Ross interviewed in Costa on Sunday...hopefully to tell him not to bother applying as his record at Cowden was horrific

I think Gavin Price and Keith Gibson are the partnership that has been mentioned the most here. 

They had a fairly consistent run at Elgin right at the start if I'm not mistaken.  Things only started to go stale when Gibson left. 

6 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

I think Gavin Price and Keith Gibson are the partnership that has been mentioned the most here. 

They had a fairly consistent run at Elgin right at the start if I'm not mistaken.  Things only started to go stale when Gibson left. 

Would be happy that but would like to see simmy still involved in some way unless kirk is wanting him at St Johnstone 

7 hours ago, le smudge said:

Is Smudge not a monicker for Smith ? 

Just curious. 

13 hours ago, Edzellcityfan said:

Hearing Sean Dillons name being mentioned more and more….

It's refreshing to see that the club has learned from past mistakes (Michael Paton springs to mind) and is taking time to consider a number of good people before deciding who is best to take the club forward. 

2 hours ago, Kev8122 said:

It's refreshing to see that the club has learned from past mistakes (Michael Paton springs to mind) and is taking time to consider a number of good people before deciding who is best to take the club forward. 

Paton was actually one of the better guys. Timing was unfortunate . There were far far worse than him who were left far too long and were finally  sacked ...........................right after the transfer windows had shut. 

Frustrating times. 

2 hours ago, theoriginalhedge said:

Paton was actually one of the better guys. Timing was unfortunate . There were far far worse than him who were left far too long and were finally  sacked ...........................right after the transfer windows had shut. 

Frustrating times. 

I always liked Michael and have no malice toward him at all. He wasn't ready for management though and his assistant Gerry McCabe was a total waste of space.   

2 hours ago, Kev8122 said:

I always liked Michael and have no malice toward him at all. He wasn't ready for management though and his assistant Gerry McCabe was a total waste of space.   

Agree with Gerry McCabe. A total dinosaur who revelled in telling folk how good he was at Killie 20 odd years ago. 

Michael was thrown a poison chalice. Fair play to him for giving it a go , but he was never going to lift a squad who had thrown in the towel.