The Brechin City Thread

Hedgecutter

4 hours ago, citydiehard said:

His form this season hasn’t been very good,cost us a lot of goals and points.He was one of Kirk’s favourites so be glad when he’s gone.

That may take a while as he is under contract until June 25 and there is no chance we can afford to pay him off. Hopefully, he finds a club that can satisfy his wage demands.

5 minutes ago, Kev8122 said:

That may take a while as he is under contract until June 25 and there is no chance we can afford to pay him off. Hopefully, he finds a club that can satisfy his wage demands.

And one willing to pay a fee for him. Is he on a high wage with us. I'm guessing we can't afford to bring anyone in until he leaves 

34 minutes ago, Rossco8326 said:

And one willing to pay a fee for him. Is he on a high wage with us. I'm guessing we can't afford to bring anyone in until he leaves 

Maybe you'll be getting a fee for Grady McGrath in January to help sign others?

2 minutes ago, citydiehard said:

I would get rid of Wilson asap,don’t want to distract the players we have a good team bond at the moment.

These are the same players you have been criticising.  That bond has been there all through Kirk's time in charge. 

Edited by theoriginalhedge

31 minutes ago, Rossco8326 said:

Another keeper signed on loan guessing that means lenny is either away or hes going to be left our until he leaves 

The lad is not even 17 yet but I guess if you're good enough you're old enough!

17 hours ago, theoriginalhedge said:

Looks like McCabe might be No 1 choice but by all accounts this lad is quite good. 

Not that it means a whole lot, as you never know how players will do when they reach senior football, but yeah hes very highly rated within the youth game.

Played a friendly for us at 15, played as our u18s won the Scotland Cup, went full time this Summer and trains with the senior squad, and has been in the Scotland u16 squad.

Id expect its just a cheap loan to help you out depth wise, while giving him experience of being close to senior football he wont get with us (being part of the dressing room on matchdays etc.) as im not sure he'll be physically ready to actually play regularly or that.

Be interesting to see if a link up appears now between the clubs more regularly now. From a Saints perspective we have a whole raft of youngsters who look unreal potential wise but need game time, but i highly doubt Brechin fans want to see too much of that happening.

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Not that it means a whole lot, as you never know how players will do when they reach senior football, but yeah hes very highly rated within the youth game.

Played a friendly for us at 15, played as our u18s won the Scotland Cup, went full time this Summer and trains with the senior squad, and has been in the Scotland u16 squad.

Id expect its just a cheap loan to help you out depth wise, while giving him experience of being close to senior football he wont get with us (being part of the dressing room on matchdays etc.) as im not sure he'll be physically ready to actually play regularly or that.

Be interesting to see if a link up appears now between the clubs more regularly now. From a Saints perspective we have a whole raft of youngsters who look unreal potential wise but need game time, but i highly doubt Brechin fans want to see too much of that happening.

I heard that young guy May is pretty good.  Would be great if we could get him till end of season to help us back into the SPFL. 

10 hours ago, Edzellcityfan said:

Wilson is literally on the transfer list mate…

What a well run club we have,Wilson transfer listed which has not been made official probably one of the highest wage earners at the club and they won’t play him,money down the drain .Cant see another club coming in for him he’s not that good.Maybe Price is the problem making players unhappy.