The Brechin City Thread

Hedgecutter

15 minutes ago, MO7S said:

The word "regular" gives me problems.  I've got BCFC programmes for 71/72.  None for 70/71.  But have one for a league game in 1968 and earlier for Scot Cup games.  I'm certain they are all games I attended but I'm by no means a supporter of the Club..  Hope this may help answer your question.

Thanks.

I have 3 Brechin City homes from the 50s (v Cowdenbeath 56/57, v  Montrose SC 57/58 and v Queen's Park 58/59).

I have 5 Brechin City homes from the 60s (v QoS 60/61, v Kilmarnock  SC 61/62, v Hibs  SC 62/63, v Dundee  SC 63/64 and v Raith Rovers 66/67).

Then from 71/72 onwards, which would tie in with you. However, I can remember a Partick Thistle supporter - whether on here or another forum - lamenting the fact he couldn't "enjoy the beautiful cake he won" as City beat Partick in season 1970/71. The only way to win a "beautiful cake" was by purchasing a programme, as it was the prize if you had the right number, so they must have issued in season 1970/71, if only intermittently, perhaps.

I can't recall seeing a City programme for season 70/71. The Raith programme for 66/67 is the same sort of 4 page issue as 71/72 onwards, so they could have been issuing in the late 60s.

Thanks again for your reply.  

53 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

However, I can remember a Partick Thistle supporter - whether on here or another forum - lamenting the fact he couldn't "enjoy the beautiful cake he won" as City beat Partick in season 1970/71. The only way to win a "beautiful cake" was by purchasing a programme, as it was the prize if you had the right number, so they must have issued in season 1970/71, if only intermittently, perhaps.

That brought back a memory.  I won a Gellatly (local bakery) cake in Dec 1971 at the Brechin v Stranraer game.  Doesn't help you but I can confirm the cake was excellent.   Bit difficult for me to get it home though to give to my Mother.

9 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

Thanks.

I have 3 Brechin City homes from the 50s (v Cowdenbeath 56/57, v  Montrose SC 57/58 and v Queen's Park 58/59).

I have 5 Brechin City homes from the 60s (v QoS 60/61, v Kilmarnock  SC 61/62, v Hibs  SC 62/63, v Dundee  SC 63/64 and v Raith Rovers 66/67).

Then from 71/72 onwards, which would tie in with you. However, I can remember a Partick Thistle supporter - whether on here or another forum - lamenting the fact he couldn't "enjoy the beautiful cake he won" as City beat Partick in season 1970/71. The only way to win a "beautiful cake" was by purchasing a programme, as it was the prize if you had the right number, so they must have issued in season 1970/71, if only intermittently, perhaps.

I can't recall seeing a City programme for season 70/71. The Raith programme for 66/67 is the same sort of 4 page issue as 71/72 onwards, so they could have been issuing in the late 60s.

Thanks again for your reply.  

I had a copy of one from 70/71. A Scottish Cup 2nd Round game v Glasgow Corporation Transport

On 10/12/2023 at 05:51, citydiehard said:

Can someone from the board please explain why Price got the job out of supposedly 104 very good applicants because a 37% win ratio when he was at Elgin says it all.That takes us to mid to bottom of the highland league.

I'm sure he was instrumental in the signing of Danny Handling announced just now

11 minutes ago, Edzellcityfan said:

Possibly, hard to say.

I was told he was really down on Saturday right enough. 

Don't blame him to be honest must be tough getting dropped but he's made alot of mistakes lately and young Jamie looked decent on Saturday not that he had alot to do. 

He deserved to be dropped for the howler against the broch. Wasn’t even really under pressure, there was no excuse for that. 

And also, he may be transfer listed, but who will be buying him? Don’t mean that in a bad way like. 

Edited by MonTheHedge

3 minutes ago, MonTheHedge said:

He deserved to be dropped for the howler against the broch. Wasn’t even really under pressure, there was no excuse for that. 

And also, he may be transfer listed, but who will be buying him? Don’t mean that in a bad way like. 

Thing is hes not a bad keeper hes just made a few mistakes thats cost us lately but in general hes not been a bad keeper. Would probably do well at another highland league team. Question is who do we get to replace him ? 

2 hours ago, Rossco8326 said:

Thrown his toys out the pram ? 

I heard strong words were said after the Formartine game and he has had a strop ever since.

I think he has been a liability of late and is our weakest link.  

46 minutes ago, Rossco8326 said:

Thing is hes not a bad keeper hes just made a few mistakes thats cost us lately but in general hes not been a bad keeper. Would probably do well at another highland league team. Question is who do we get to replace him ? 

Being a keeper is a tough gig, you’re right he has been pretty solid but has (consistently) made wee mistakes for Brechin, and that’s behind a defence which concedes some of (if not the) lowest number of chances. In a weaker team he would be facing more shots, who knows what would happen. 

5 hours ago, theoriginalhedge said:

If that's the case then maybe semi professional football is not for him. 

If he can't take criticism from the coaching staff when he has had an absolute howler of a game then paid football is possibly not for him anymore

Edited by Kev8122

1 hour ago, citydiehard said:

If he can’t take criticism for the mistakes he’s made ,get rid of him,he’s not that good a keeper.His attitude stinks if he is in the huff getting dropped.

Amazingly, I agree with you (for once)

On 19/12/2023 at 20:50, Kev8122 said:

I heard strong words were said after the Formartine game and he has had a strop ever since.

I think he has been a liability of late and is our weakest link.  

His form this season hasn’t been very good,cost us a lot of goals and points.He was one of Kirk’s favourites so be glad when he’s gone.