UEFA Champions League 2019-20

1 hour ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

I like my lower level stuff but nothing beats the big European games.

I'm the opposite, when CL semi finals were on I was at a local juniors game. I only really watch CL (or EPL etc.) if I've got nothing else to do.

1 hour ago, Marten said:

I'm the opposite, when CL semi finals were on I was at a local juniors game. I only really watch CL (or EPL etc.) if I've got nothing else to do.

Aw absolutely I’d rather give my money to clubs up here than feeding the Sky / BT cash cow too Marten. Was meaning going to Champions League games. 

Nõmme Kalju (EST) v Shkëndija (MKD)
Sūduva (LTU) v Crvena zvezda (SRB)
Ararat-Armenia (ARM) v AIK (SWE)
Astana (KAZ) v CFR Cluj (ROU)
Ludogorets (BUL) v Ferencváros (***)

Group 2 (seeded sides in bold)

Celtic (SCO) v Sarajevo (BIH)
Sheriff Tiraspol (MDA) v Saburtalo (GEO)
F91 Dudelange (LUX) v Valletta (MLT)
Partizani (ALB) v Qarabağ (AZE)
Slovan Bratislava (SVK) v Sutjeska (MNE)

Group 3 (seeded sides in bold)

Linfield (NIR) v Rosenborg (NOR)
Valur Reykjavík (ISL) v Maribor (SVN)
Dundalk (IRL) v Riga (LVA)
The New Saints (WAL) v Winners of the preliminary round
HJK Helsinki (FIN) v HB Tórshavn (FRO)
BATE Borisov (BLR) v Piast Gliwice (POL

5 minutes ago, Tarmo Kink said:

The semi-finals look a bit lopsided. Gibraltar are being ‘promoted’ out of the preliminary round for next year so it seems weird that Red Imps have to play the Kosovar side whilst the Andorrans and Sanmarinese side play each other.

Kosavar are the lowest ranked country (55) with the Gilbralter (52) Andorra (53) San Marino (54) for this year (2018). I think.

Edited by SlipperyP

6 minutes ago, Tarmo Kink said:

Ah I suppose they are still a new country.

Essentially, Kosovar teams are stronger than their ranks suggests, they just haven't had enough seasons to generate points.  They will get promoted out of the preliminary group in a few years IMHO

5 minutes ago, SlipperyP said:

Kosavar are the lowest ranked country (55) with the Gilbralter (52) Andorra (53) San Marino (54) for this year. I think.

It's the club coefficient over the last 5 years (2014-2019) that decides the seedings. FC Santa Coloma got a few results in the last 5 years, especially reaching QR2 by beating Banants of Armenia in 2014. They also picked up 3 draws and a win in the other years, although none resulted in them going through, they did collect some points through it. That's what got them seeded. Feronikeli are making their European debut, so they only go on the country part of the coefficient, which isn't much in Kosovo's case due to them being new.

It's also worth mentioning btw that Kosovo picked up 2.5 points last season, putting them in 32nd place out of 55 in the overall rankings. If they do that again this season, they will comfortably move out of the bottom 4 and not play in the preliminaries from the 2021/22 season onwards (assuming the current preliminary set-up will remain).

Next season Gibraltar's champion will go straight into CL Q1 with the Northern Irish champions moving into the preliminaries with the champions of Kosovo, Andorra and San Marino.

3 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

There is your first tie into the books, Santa Coloma beat Tre Penne 1-0

Watched 20 minutes of it. Tre Penne were giving them a good game.  Some save by the FC Santa keeper when it was 0-0.

Though it was a shame on the players having to play in an empty stadium, surely they could have given free tickets away or something.

2 hours ago, senorsoupe said:

Feronikeli vs Lincoln Red Imps next up, last year the Kosovo champions beat Lincoln in the final of the preliminary tournament but the Red Imps can be a tricky team

1-0 after an early goal, second half just started