FIFA 20

TheGoon

image.png.69d700685ae48c16ac5f4285413c5109.png

image.png.3856b2eb32307d941e1994a9653a91c5.png

My 2 picks for 14 wins. Very happy with Benzema, have 89 Belotti from seasons so will likely fire the 84 into an SBC. 

Having got hee-haw from rivals rewards (Baumann, obviously) I was buzzing to then pack Modric, Busquets, TOTW Tadic and TOTW Belotti from WL rewards. 

Having not gone for any La Liga players, I have a pretty decent first owned XI;

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.aceca5de10183e762b6fc98e1ac7a442.png

Edited by deej

Yes! I got the American dude in the first pick as well. 

91E49ECD-07BB-407F-AC55-43C7AD121EDC.png
Edit I just opened the rewards for Gold 3 and as expected, terrible.

One board from rare gold pack, rare players pack (5 duplicates FFS, Rui Patricio the board in this one) a rare mixed players and 2 Mega packs.

See if they just have me like 10 2 player packs instead, I’d be happier. 😂

Edited by Wardy

How much did it cost you overall roughly to complete? What’s the chemistry like with everyone around him? I’m thinking of going for him as well.

After packs about 35k. (Not including GMS error).

A lot of decent silver players to sell without having any huge pulls. I reckon with a bit of luck this can be done for nothing.

He is very good. I have him as a sub for the second half of matches just to try him out and he’s been very impressive. Like any defender, he still gets outmuscled by Neymar and Ben Yedder but he was very overpowering against the likes of Lewandowski, CR7 and Drogba. (This game [emoji23])

His pace is ridiculous though. He turns and sprints quicker than most of my attackers.

Been doing quite a lot of league SBCs recently and my main big bear is for teams that have an excess amount of wingers, yet the formation required needs 3 CAMs and 2 CDMs. Really frustrating but clearly done on purpose. I always struggle to pack anything from LigaNOS as well but mostly due to it being Silver heavy. I’ve opened tonnes of silver packs from Sudamericana and Libertadores but always get pish from the Polish league etc. 

All Major leagues done again fairly recently so got the highest rated cards for all of these. Plus Kruse from Super Liga and Murphy from Championship. LigaNOS, MLS, CSL and Saudi to do again to get the full set of the high rated players. Then the Libertadores and sudamericana again to get those cards in. 

Did they do like TOTS SBCs on Fifa 19? I should be prepared for anything like that if they come out in the next few weeks. Wonder if they will do like a Prime moments/ prime icon SBC too? 

Edited by Wardy

45 minutes ago, Wardy said:

Did they do like TOTS SBCs on Fifa 19? I should be prepared for anything like that if they come out in the next few weeks. Wonder if they will do like a Prime moments/ prime icon SBC too? 

Last year they did two TOTS teams each week, one major and one minor.  I believe the Community TOTS was paired with the English Championship and so on.  On the Sunday night you got an SBC for a guaranteed minor league TOTS player, and on the Tuesday you got the major.  The requirements were a little raised on 18, but still fairly reasonable for what you were getting.

This year...f**k it, who knows.  If they do bring back those SBCs, I'd prepare for requirements to be sky high.  You'll definitely need at least one TOTS player, and maybe an 85 squad.  Might even be higher than that, could be 86 or 87 if they're feeling particularly frisky.  Think last year it was 83 for minor and 84 for major, for example.

But of course, all that could be pish, because the one thing EA have shown is that they're happy to let people assume you'll get A, then change it to get B.  Best bet if you want to prepare is just get as many high-rated players into your club as possible.  They are going to fucking skyrocket once the SBCs are out.

On the Icons though, I'm fairly certain you'll get f**k all.  They said at the start of 20 that Icon SBCs were gone, and they were so unequivocal and certain about it that I'd be amazed if they came back.  Maybe next year.

15 minutes ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

346C569A-139C-444D-AE40-8F4666E4368E.jpeg

I dislike you right now

It’s almost a dead cert at this point that TOTS sbc’s are gonna be like 87 rated + inform this year

Edited by Sauzee#4

1 hour ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

346C569A-139C-444D-AE40-8F4666E4368E.jpeg

Nice!! I really didn’t want him because I’ve got the Birthday version (which is brilliant btw) so enjoy! 

1 hour ago, forameus said:

Last year they did two TOTS teams each week, one major and one minor.  I believe the Community TOTS was paired with the English Championship and so on.  On the Sunday night you got an SBC for a guaranteed minor league TOTS player, and on the Tuesday you got the major.  The requirements were a little raised on 18, but still fairly reasonable for what you were getting.

This year...f**k it, who knows.  If they do bring back those SBCs, I'd prepare for requirements to be sky high.  You'll definitely need at least one TOTS player, and maybe an 85 squad.  Might even be higher than that, could be 86 or 87 if they're feeling particularly frisky.  Think last year it was 83 for minor and 84 for major, for example.

But of course, all that could be pish, because the one thing EA have shown is that they're happy to let people assume you'll get A, then change it to get B.  Best bet if you want to prepare is just get as many high-rated players into your club as possible.  They are going to fucking skyrocket once the SBCs are out.

On the Icons though, I'm fairly certain you'll get f**k all.  They said at the start of 20 that Icon SBCs were gone, and they were so unequivocal and certain about it that I'd be amazed if they came back.  Maybe next year.

Thanks! I wasn’t necessarily meaning like icon SBC as in like all be available, I just meant like how we had the Mid Icon pack SBC. Likely they would maybe bring that back but say a guaranteed moments or prime version instead? Didn’t they do the base icon pack  SBC nearer the start Of the game cycle? 

On 20/04/2020 at 17:23, Wardy said:

Since I started UT for the first time ever in October I’ve maybe spent an extra £30 on top of the game. But it’s not worth the money honestly. Aye the grinding is a pain in the arse and If your coin balance isn’t The highest it’s really hard to get it going. Bronze pack method for me mostly. Then upgrades to silvers and so on. I save quite a lot from the reward packs such as the non rare golds and silvers that have league SBCs. Over time you start to notice what league you can focus on. I basically spent 80k on Friday to complete the championship and the Turkish super liga. Combined on Futbin the price is like 450k liquid coins. All because I had so many of the players from those 2 leagues chilling in the club.

Can then use the reward cards from these league SBCs to get players like Miranda quite cheaply. For such a high rating an 84 and an 85 rated squad is good value. No in forms needed either. Was able to complete both without needing to go out and buy anyone. 

I’m rubbish at like holding on to consumables That I get in packs as well. So many contracts. So I’ve been selling them by the 10/20 per hour. Even the shiny bronze player contracts are shifting for 200 coins on PlayStation. People will be trying to get the last of their icon swaps done this week too so it’s ideal to get these listed up. Non rare bronze Manager ones as well. 200 coins each. Soon adds up. 

I wouldn’t have a team like I do if it wasn’t for the web app though. So much stuff you can do on that, so that when you go on console it’s just playing the actual matches. 

I've never spent money on fifa and probably wont ever bother. However, I really don't blame folk who chuck in money towards the game, especially at the moment when there's nothing else to do. Putting money into fifa is better than buying my nephew a toy he will use once then never pick up again. 

Your tactics are great. I finally got Correa last night and delighted to say he was completely worth the grind. However,  easily spent 150k coins on him. Sold pretty much everything I could within my club including players, contracts and strips. The last team to complete was Mallorca. Spending 18k or so on their 5 defenders was ridiculous - especially when majority of them were silvers. 

5 hours ago, Mayos Noun said:

After packs about 35k. (Not including GMS error).

A lot of decent silver players to sell without having any huge pulls. I reckon with a bit of luck this can be done for nothing.

He is very good. I have him as a sub for the second half of matches just to try him out and he’s been very impressive. Like any defender, he still gets outmuscled by Neymar and Ben Yedder but he was very overpowering against the likes of Lewandowski, CR7 and Drogba. (This game emoji23.png)

His pace is ridiculous though. He turns and sprints quicker than most of my attackers.

It seems like he is worth it - even if the chemistry is all red. I have Lenglet and potw Gimenez. Both are pretty solid but Gimenez is extremely slow on the turn. If this MLS challenge isn't too much of a grind and majority of teams players go between 500-1500, It seems like it's worth it. Got rid of Varane and Ramos to do SBC challenges - huge miss. 

3 minutes ago, Mr. Brightside said:

The bullshit is strong today. Antonio Candreva, with the ball in his possession somehow ran past and away from 91 rated Alex Sandro emoji23.png

I switched the console off earlier this morning when Mark Noble beat Jordi Alba to the ball.