FIFA 20

TheGoon

1 hour ago, Wardy said:

Thanks! I wasn’t necessarily meaning like icon SBC as in like all be available, I just meant like how we had the Mid Icon pack SBC. Likely they would maybe bring that back but say a guaranteed moments or prime version instead? Didn’t they do the base icon pack  SBC nearer the start Of the game cycle? 

Ah, apologies.  Me being thick.

Aye, we'll get Prime Icon SBC I'd imagine.  Prime Icon Moments...maybe.  Probably something pretty much at the end of the cycle, can't imagine them allowing something repeatable like that unless it's absolutely extortionate.  Which it will be.

7 minutes ago, dave_binos said:

Is everyone opening their rivals packs today or leaving it until Tots tomorrow?

I only had shitey packs as I've not played much this week, but then I've never really been one for holding onto packs.  I've always thought pack weight is better outside of promos, so always hoping for some high rated NIFs for SBCs.  I'll open anything I get when I get it.

Edited by forameus

8 minutes ago, dave_binos said:

Mark noble was clearly a premier league challenge to grab an icon.

You’d still have thought folk would have better PL kicking about in their club than him though FFS 😂

6 minutes ago, mrpaddyx said:

Fear his name....

This guy on the surface looks rubbish but has every single trait that is available in the game!

Took me ages to snipe him, if you have him in your squad it’s an easy 5k if you want to sell.

435B2C14-126B-4D1E-B3C5-A005F7E01D8F.jpeg

Watched Nepenthez’s video? 😂 so so broken. 

What I find equally funny is that he plays for Velez Sarsfield who are in the Sudamericana, yet he has a Libertadores card. 😂

Edited by Wardy

Rewards were shite as per usual, doesn't help that I stopped at 11 wins last weekend and played about 5 Rivals games all week. I just go through stages of not finding the game enjoyable at all. Hoping that there's decent objective cards to grind again soon, or I may be done with the game (again).

I have that Ramis card tradable, going to hold off for a bit and see if they raise the max BIN. Might actually use him this WL, as I've been toying with the idea of using a few banter squads to make things interesting.

3 hours ago, Wardy said:

Nice!! I really didn’t want him because I’ve got the Birthday version (which is brilliant btw) so enjoy! 

Thanks! I wasn’t necessarily meaning like icon SBC as in like all be available, I just meant like how we had the Mid Icon pack SBC. Likely they would maybe bring that back but say a guaranteed moments or prime version instead? Didn’t they do the base icon pack  SBC nearer the start Of the game cycle? 

I’ve already got his 90 LM Red as well :lol:

Cheers @mrpaddyx. Had Ramis in my club so happy to get 5k as I'm skint for coins just now.

I've got a dozen packs or so to open tomorrow, plus some silver packs (hoping for EFL players). Keeping my good packs until the Serie A week. Hopefully it's not kept til last this year, not that I'm expecting to pack anything anyway.

I'm expecting 86 rated SBC's for the top league TOTS, with a TOTS player required too.

Edited by Jaggy Snake

After finishing silver 2 last week meant I had to venture into rivals this week probably for the first time since doing icon swaps weeks ago. Absolutely brutal. People really dont like having fun and played 1 depth drop back 4231 in 99% of games.

I'm up in division 3 so didn't need many wins for the 1000 points luckily!

I really hope they bring back bronze/silver/themed gold tournaments next year. As it stands I find fut champs the funniest game mode. Outside about 100 "meta" cards you come up against in every game (my team included) the rest of the cards in this game are pointless gameplay wise. 

16 minutes ago, robosaintee said:

After finishing silver 2 last week meant I had to venture into rivals this week probably for the first time since doing icon swaps weeks ago. Absolutely brutal. People really dont like having fun and played 1 depth drop back 4231 in 99% of games.

I'm up in division 3 so didn't need many wins for the 1000 points luckily!

I really hope they bring back bronze/silver/themed gold tournaments next year. As it stands I find fut champs the funniest game mode. Outside about 100 "meta" cards you come up against in every game (my team included) the rest of the cards in this game are pointless gameplay wise. 

Rivals is indeed brutal. I needed 4 wins to go towards that rare players pack objective and lucky for me, my 4 wins were against folk needing icon swaps. Full non rare Ligue 1 teams and all sorts. Last game the guy quit after I opened the scoring. Perfect. Thank you, good night, much love. 

26 minutes ago, Mallo_Madrid said:

If anyone with a Bundesliga type squad is withering whether to do Sahin flashback card - do it. An absolute baller in at CDM.

Need to upgrade Piszczek - he gets caught out a wee bit.

798561C9-8467-442F-8604-7C6D5E99A1E3.png

I've done Lainier and played a couple, so far he seems like an upgrade, but will play over the weekend to really see. 

Tempted by Sahin, but I like playing with wingers (2 from Coutinho, Bellarabi, Sane, Neymar) and a CAM so is he better than Kimmich? Kimmich for me is one of the best cards I've used, he's everywhere defensively and chips in with a few goals too.

Is Havertz decent? Got Reus there atm

Edited by deej

33 minutes ago, Mallo_Madrid said:

If anyone with a Bundesliga type squad is withering whether to do Sahin flashback card - do it. An absolute baller in at CDM.

I did it last night too. His stats are ridiculous. Only down points are 80 stamina and his finishing, although the latter shouldn’t matter too much.

1 hour ago, Mallo_Madrid said:

Loads of decent SBCS for Bundesliga eh? Good squad. I came up against that Neuer last night in rivals. Drew 1-1. I should have won but that c**t kept denying me time after time. 

Also had my first experience of being 3-0 down at half time and coming back to win 4-3. Poor guy had a really rubbish Ligue 1 team but had Neymar and Mbappe up front. I just got caught in the first half. I’m sure some pish Reims winger scored his third. Couldn’t do anything. Switched to 352 constant pressure like 6 depth and width second half and it paid off big time. My keeper still had to make a couple of important stops on the counter but Neymar bagging me the winner with 5 mins to go.  To be fair to him he didn’t celebrate his goals, so I found it hard to resist going to the camera with Neymar...😂

2 hours ago, deej said:

I've done Lainier and played a couple, so far he seems like an upgrade, but will play over the weekend to really see. 

Tempted by Sahin, but I like playing with wingers (2 from Coutinho, Bellarabi, Sane, Neymar) and a CAM so is he better than Kimmich? Kimmich for me is one of the best cards I've used, he's everywhere defensively and chips in with a few goals too.

Kimmich is superb - I just feel I get more from him box to box. He’s excellent in attacking scenarios as well as defending. He’s definitely been the card of the series for me.

Havertz is probably a slight upgrade on Reus. Five star week foot is obviously a massive trait but he doesn’t feel as good as he should though.

2 hours ago, deej said:

2 hours ago, Zing. said:

I did it last night too. His stats are ridiculous. Only down points are 80 stamina and his finishing, although the latter shouldn’t matter too much.

He’s brilliant.

He is absolutely fucked after 70 mins to be fair though - I sub him off, Delaney in at CDM and mid Pirlo off the bench in CM

Edited by Mallo_Madrid

[mention=2908]Mayos Noun[/mention] you keep going on about Baumann. Whos popped up in my Rare players pack again tonight? 

Least he’s a sellable board...
D84F7B08-FF31-484A-AD1B-D20D70FD945F.thumb.jpeg.9116637ed324885b127119aad2406749.jpeg

I let my nephew open my futbirthday pack and I got Baumann. I was close to flipping when he appeared and realised he opened the wrong pack. The irony that Baumann appeared as the face card was quality trolling by EA however.

Also, the fact I wasn’t entirely surprised to get 82 Baumann in a futbirthday pack identifies how often I get this fool.

Ps. Icon swaps are likely tonight everyone. Remember there may be a 12 game win WL objective so best holding off until they’re released.

Tempted by Sahin, but I have Kimmich and the upgraded Verstratae in midfield so it might be a waste of time and coins/fodder.

Can confirm that Lainer is an absolute beast btw, you need him if you run Bundes.

Also played with that Belotti card for the first time last night, very nice, and that US cb Opara is a fucking monster, up there with Van Dyke imo.

Tempted by Sahin, but I have Kimmich and the upgraded Verstratae in midfield so it might be a waste of time and coins/fodder.
Can confirm that Lainer is an absolute beast btw, you need him if you run Bundes.
Also played with that Belotti card for the first time last night, very nice, and that US cb Opara is a fucking monster, up there with Van Dyke imo.

I’d avoid Sahin due to his base card. Some players really improve with upgrade but I find more often than not, players with a shockingly poor base card don’t play to their stats.