FIFA 20

TheGoon

6 minutes ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

You could go for Trezeguet if you’re looking for an Icon striker, he’s maybe not the best but will be better than any of those you mention without costing coins? 7 swaps is pretty easy.

I can never be arsed with Icon token objectives tbh. All the first owner objective things are ones I just cannot be fucked figuring out 😂

12 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I can never be arsed with Icon token objectives tbh. All the first owner objective things are ones I just cannot be fucked figuring out 😂

You sound a lot like my mate who basically sells his team every week and I say to him but aye what about icon swaps and he’s like what are they? 😂 

Each to their own though. What’s cool about Ultimate team is you can play the mode in so many different ways. 

7 minutes ago, Wardy said:

You sound a lot like my mate who basically sells his team every week and I say to him but aye what about icon swaps and he’s like what are they? 😂 

Tbh I only play the game a couple of times a week at most,  with it just being a few hours after work, so by the time I f**k about setting up squads etc., to do the challenges I've wasted all the time I could've spent playing matches.

I've ended up with 117k coins to find an Icon striker.

49 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I've ended up with 117k coins to find an Icon striker.

Turns out baby Kluivert is gettable for less, so hes my target.

Just noticed Vieris agility is like 50 😂

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Turns out baby Kluivert is gettable for less, so hes my target.

Just noticed Vieris agility is like 50 😂

Vieri isn't too bad.  You're not going to get the sort of player that'll change your world, but he's a big lump who can hit it really hard on goal.  Given how cheap he presumably is now, he's not a bad option.

5 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Is it not a theory it's better to play WL on a Sunday than a Saturday? Or have I completely made that up?

My experience is the Friday games are on the whole harder and as you go through sat/sun/mon they seem to get easier, I'm guessing hardcore players are straight in on the Friday playing and casual players spread them out as they can get on and play them.

1 hour ago, forameus said:

Vieri isn't too bad.  You're not going to get the sort of player that'll change your world, but he's a big lump who can hit it really hard on goal.  Given how cheap he presumably is now, he's not a bad option.

Ended up getting 87 Larsson instead.

That's me 14 wins and 3 losses in champs. Might play on tomorrow and see how many wins I can get. 

Bought and sold TOTS Fernandinho. He was no better that the Fred objectives card. 

1.3 million coins burning a while in my pocket though!

Just lost a game on penalties after having 60% possession and just missing a few chances. So ultimately my fault but Jesus Christ.  It’s like folk just basically sit with team press on and then put their controller down until you ultimately give the ball away. 

18 minutes ago, Wardy said:

Just lost a game on penalties after having 60% possession and just missing a few chances. So ultimately my fault but Jesus Christ.  It’s like folk just basically sit with team press on and then put their controller down until you ultimately give the ball away. 

Had a guy running about his midfield with 96 R9 earlier, surely if you’ve got one of the best strikers in the game you don’t play like that. Ended up winning but was frustrating as f**k. 

16 minutes ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

Had a guy running about his midfield with 96 R9 earlier, surely if you’ve got one of the best strikers in the game you don’t play like that. Ended up winning but was frustrating as f**k. 

Next game I won 5-0. When it went to 3 he started pissing about in his own box. See if you would maybe like change formation and have a go at me at me, I might shit myself. But no. So thanks. Ended up winning 5-0. Roman with the 5th and full celebration. I may keep him. 😂

5DC8FCFF-45F4-4D50-9FB8-4B004F4293D3.jpeg

Edited by Wardy

I’ve played 9 games and won 3 but honestly should be more wins for me.  Getting beat by folk with 83 rated Cillassen in goal. It’s a no from me. Making saves my van der Sar could only dream of. 

So I’ve played 10 and won 4 which is my worst start to a weekend league, since my inaugural weekend. Pretty disappointing, every loss bar one by the odd goal and a penalty shoot out loss. I do really like this team though but I just seem to get punished for every mistake as well as cursor changes in defence being non existent.  

Just the best screen you can see during weekend league man. Winning 2-1, opponent has a corner he brings on his subs. It gets cleared and I score a third. Get out my game mate! Bye! 

Edited to remove the photo as my gamer tag was showing 😂 If you caught it can add me for friendlies or whatever. 😂

Edited by Wardy

I'm glad I never played WL yesterday as my record must've been about 3 wins and 10 losses, every single game was just horrendous until the final two of the night.

Not even poor gameplay or anything, folk were just far better than me. Had me sitting there thinking I was too old for FIFA now and I'll just have to find another game to play 😂

I am now 5 and 12. Been so shit I actually got matched with the same guy I beat yesterday - that was after not finding an opponent for about 20 mins earlier.

Hoping to go on a good wee run tonight and hopefully get to 11.

90 Auba is now back to the bench and 88 Raul is back in. Auba just seems a bit of a tank when turning - works alright as a sub though.