FIFA 20

TheGoon

All the way to the thirtieth game. I’m on ten wins. f**k this, I’ll chuck in that loan Moments Del Piero I’ve got I have nothing to lose.

Go 1-0 up thanks to Rijkaard on the rebound. Continue to peg my opponent back, but the predictable counter goal with CR7 comes. My nerves are going at this point but on the stroke of halftime the main man Belotti rifles one in the top bin to make it 2-1. I manage to get two relatively quick goals in the second half with my fourth goal being a delight chipped finish with Del P. 

The rage quit comes. Relief washes over me.

Gone from nine wins with like fifteen games remaining. To nine wins with four games remaining. The scripting on this game is fucking chronic.

I’ve found that but often I’m at fault. When I lose a match, I often go straight into the next one in a negative mood and make silly mistakes. Victim of my own downfall me. A wee team refresh has done me wonders in rivals over the weekend...long may it continue.

9 hours ago, dave_binos said:

Which rivals division are you in?

Rivals 8. Can’t get out. Win 3, lose 2. Wine 2 lose 3. 
I feel I’ve tinkered with the team that much I’m as well just picking on formation , going with it and not looking back.

it feels like my players just stand about when I have the ball, I have been using the pass n go strategy but no one else moves except these guys. It’s so strange. I kept asking my mates what R Uz pressing to get ur players to move n they were like wit u talking about 🤣
defending- don’t even get me started on that again 

20 minutes ago, HEY_SIDNEY said:

I feel I’ve tinkered with the team that much I’m as well just picking on formation , going with it and not looking back.

it feels like my players just stand about when I have the ball, I have been using the pass n go strategy but no one else moves except these guys. It’s so strange. I kept asking my mates what R Uz pressing to get ur players to move n they were like wit u talking about 🤣

Try pressing L1 (LB on Xbox?) that triggers a run after you’ve passed the ball. So press pass then click L1 and the passer will make a run forward. Also if you want a player to run towards you it’s the R2 (RB on Xbox) might help a bit mate. 

Edited by Wardy

Has Denje helped? I guess for movement, a lot of it can come down to L1 as mentioned but also individual instructions as well.

Cheers Wardy and Dave ... 

yeah got the L1 button in action, that’s how I always use two upfront but the rest seem to be static. Anyhoo, Djene hasn’t really helped, if anything I’ve went backwards with him. Probably no use to him and using him like umtiti. 
ive sat down n have individual instructions to my players so when I’m back on later I’ll get started to see if it makes a difference. 
appreicate every bit of help so far. (Still pish though 🤣)

35 minutes ago, dave_binos said:

I’ve found that but often I’m at fault. When I lose a match, I often go straight into the next one in a negative mood and make silly mistakes. Victim of my own downfall me. A wee team refresh has done me wonders in rivals over the weekend...long may it continue.

Could be a bit of that I suppose. I do tend to let this game tilt me like nothing on earth.

Finally settled on a new squad

Screenshot_20200427-102300_Companion.thumb.jpg.e1feca376ef2b70c35e39c6a96e516c2.jpg

see how Aspas does there, didnt enjoy using Griezmann that much when I had him. Found after buying Aspas that I could sell Bale and get Moreno, so went for that. Dont care about pacey wingers to much, and his finishing is superb.

For reference my best spell came with Martinez up front, Mertens in behind him and Callejon on the right. Sort of think this is the La Liga version of that line up.

Cheers Wardy and Dave ... 
yeah got the L1 button in action, that’s how I always use two upfront but the rest seem to be static. Anyhoo, Djene hasn’t really helped, if anything I’ve went backwards with him. Probably no use to him and using him like umtiti. 
ive sat down n have individual instructions to my players so when I’m back on later I’ll get started to see if it makes a difference. 
appreicate every bit of help so far. (Still pish though 🤣)

Djene was a disaster for me in the first game. Defensively all over the place but that was down to me as well rushing out and not being used to him. A unit for me now, great pace, positioning and strong but at times I need to remember the defence won’t necessarily do their job as the other team will also score goals and create decent chances.

Finally settled on a new squad
Screenshot_20200427-102300_Companion.thumb.jpg.e1feca376ef2b70c35e39c6a96e516c2.jpg
see how Aspas does there, didnt enjoy using Griezmann that much when I had him. Found after buying Aspas that I could sell Bale and get Moreno, so went for that. Dont care about pacey wingers to much, and his finishing is superb.
For reference my best spell came with Martinez up front, Mertens in behind him and Callejon on the right. Sort of think this is the La Liga version of that line up.

Out of curiosity, why didn’t you enjoy Griezmann? I’ve posted this in past but he’s my favourite player in the game. Not always consistent but when he’s on form, he’s dynamite. Can see him being a frustration for players though who possibly look for that little bit more pace.

10 minutes ago, dave_binos said:

Out of curiosity, why didn’t you enjoy Griezmann? I’ve posted this in past but he’s my favourite player in the game. Not always consistent but when he’s on form, he’s dynamite. Can see him being a frustration for players though who possibly look for that little bit more pace.

I'm no use at skill moves, and dribbling can be a bit hit and miss. It was an issue with me more than the player really.

Prefer "second strikers" to have that wee burst of pace after playing a one-two with a more physical striker, and Griezmann didnt really fit either role for me.

5 minutes ago, mrpaddyx said:

Does anyone actually enjoy playing Weekend League?

I do. 

Finished 14-12 this weekend, went from 7-4 to 7-10 on Saturday so stopped for the day. 

I don't get every completely slating it, yet going back week after week. Do they just do it so they can complain about it? Yeah it can be annoying facing Lenglet-Semedo-Dembele in 75% of games, but you can usually read those players very easily, and they have no plan B. Flashback Boateng stops a lot of their shit as well. 

A couple of my defeats were down to horrendous lag, but mainly I just got beat, plain and simple. I was fuming in one, go 4-3 up in the first half of extra time, concede in 120 & 122nd minute.  

Nobody messaged me this weekend either, usually get 3 or 4 rage messages regardless of how I've played. 

I enjoy it if I’m winning. 👀😂

Definitely noticed a few who had no plan B as well, case in point being that 1-0 win I had where I passed it around my back line for the entire second half. Surely folk playing weekend league must know how to press? It was unreal. If folk attackEd me I’d definitely lose more than I win because I’m pish at defending. 

Update gentleman ... went for 90 Litmanen. 
this is the formation. 
full backs stay back when attacking. Busquets covers centre. 
the rest do what they want. 
6/6 on rivals and into div. (3 of these are bronze quits)

EAFB02B5-FE8D-41ED-B566-D1165B3A0529.jpeg