FIFA 20

TheGoon

Just lost 6-4, every single goal conceded comes from a shot being deflected or blocked, dropping to his player who rifles it in off the bar.

Every single one.

Theres literally nothing you can do sometimes.

Happens a lot although to be fair, there are games where things just go for you. I had a rage quit the other day after being 2-0 up through counter attacks. The guy was miles better than me but Ter Stegen was producing save after save. Saves he had no right in making. Two things I’m raging about at times....

1) Being 1 on 1 against the goalkeeper. The goalkeeper clearly handles outside the box - nothing happens. Do goalies ever get sent off? Happened on a few occasions.

2) Wanting to close down the player but it not switching to the correct player quick enough. Or even the closest player. Very frustrating.

16 minutes ago, dave_binos said:

1) Being 1 on 1 against the goalkeeper. The goalkeeper clearly handles outside the box - nothing happens. Do goalies ever get sent off? Happened on a few occasions.

Few days ago I scum kicked a ball out quick after an opponent's corner. Turned into a foot race between Lozano and his keeper.

Made it first, knocked it past the keeper who completely wiped me out. Didnt even get a free kick...

Feel like I've been fucked over by refs entirely today tbf. Had a game where Coutinho was clean through, slowed down from sprinting, pressed shoot, as my players leg came back the opponent must've pressed to tackle as he clips Coutinho. My player drops and ball rolls undisturbed to his keeper. No foul, goalie paps the ball over my defence to Traore, cut back to his striker who has an open goal from 6 yards because both my centre backs have stopped sprinting once they reached the edge of the box and instead stood still for a second.

1 hour ago, Mr. Brightside said:

That happens all the fucking time. Your keeper makes a save only for the ball to fall directly back to the player that hit the first shot.

I had a spell where every tackle was seeing the opponent still come away with the ball. Conceded a goal where I four times successfully tackled the boy but he still came away with the ball.

20 minutes ago, dave_binos said:

I don't have a keeper on the bench as I have never seen one sent off. I like to rush my keeper out when opponents break through one on one, sometimes they stay calm and easily chip me but a lot of the time they panic and blooter it off target and on the occasions the keeper has wiped them out it's been a yellow at worst.

When do you get your Weekend League rewards?

As always took the coins from the Rivals rewards. 50k coins, further 20k to come from Champs.

Might finally buy Dybala.

See if I could just get one mega pack that was actually “mega” that would be fucking great. Time after time is full of 80 and below guff. Rivals rewards would be better if they gave out say 5 small prime gold packs or something. Rather than a measly mega pack and a prime (not even a rare FFS) electrum players pack. Division 6 rank 3 rewards.

I always just chance my luck though because I’m always fine for coins. You just know if I’d taken the untradeable ones I would have hit something bigger. 

Got Forrest, but no Robertson.  Dennis instead, who looks fine, but unless we get a Nigerian or Belgian League objective, doubt he'll ever appear.  And then I realised I've already got Forrest's Europa League card.  

Meh.

Screenshot_20200402-091541_Companion.jpg.6e98aba877c447feb47f9ca0d67009e6.jpg

My options 😂

obviously chose Verdi but he won't even make my bench. Same position as 89 Coutinho and 87 Insigne. 

See what my packs are like later on.

54 minutes ago, Wardy said:

See if I could just get one mega pack that was actually “mega” that would be fucking great. Time after time is full of 80 and below guff. Rivals rewards would be better if they gave out say 5 small prime gold packs or something. Rather than a measly mega pack and a prime (not even a rare FFS) electrum players pack. Division 6 rank 3 rewards.

I always just chance my luck though because I’m always fine for coins. You just know if I’d taken the untradeable ones I would have hit something bigger. 

I never take packs from rewards, never got anything decent out them ever. 

Coin rewards from Rivals and WL look like theyll get me that Birthday Lozano card. If I'd gone for packs I'd have missed out on him and been stuck with Bas Dost. 

16 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I never take packs from rewards, never got anything decent out them ever. 

Coin rewards from Rivals and WL look like theyll get me that Birthday Lozano card. If I'd gone for packs I'd have missed out on him and been stuck with Bas Dost. 

Yeah just depends on the situation that your in regarding coin levels etc. I used to take the coins early on so I could improve the squad. But the 27.5k coins wouldn’t have. It would I suppose got me another Libertadores or Sudamericana league SBC card mind you. But I’ve got the coins anyway to get all them to put into Vidal (or another icon pack 👀

All I’ve been doing recently is selling off all my manager/player contracts and training cards. I’ve literally got 420 of the 28 rare gold contracts kicking about in my club. Sell 300 of those and I’m looking at over 100k. I’ve got 150 of the bronze non rare manager contracts that go for 200 coins a pop as well, an easy 30k over time too. 

Edited by Wardy

Screenshot_20200402-102528_Companion.thumb.jpg.e1fe676375e7f3500d38515abf75cf57.jpg

how I'm looking now. Buying Lozano has wiped me out but looks quality, and the standard card was decent enough.

Should soften up full backs for GMS later on.

Upgrades for those midfield players next up, but could take a while unless I fluke an amazing card.

Edited by RandomGuy.

32 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Screenshot_20200402-102528_Companion.thumb.jpg.e1fe676375e7f3500d38515abf75cf57.jpg

how I'm looking now. Buying Lozano has wiped me out but looks quality, and the standard card was decent enough.

Should soften up full backs for GMS later on.

Upgrades for those midfield players next up, but could take a while unless I fluke an amazing card.

Shame you missed out on storyline SMS as he looks decent. Was gutted to miss out on him myself too tbh

Edited by Sauzee#4

20 minutes ago, Sauzee#4 said:

Shame you missed out on storyline SMS as he looks decent. Was gutted to miss out on him myself too tbh

I'll just save up for his 87 card I think tbh.

Does anyone played squad battles. I cannot believe I have completed 200 of these to get Baumann in a 100k pack.

Rivals got Baumann once and didn’t get him in WL.

I’m totally against violence and this goes against all logic but I reckon I would hit Baumann a slap if I ever seen him, before legging it.

Think that is me done with FIFA for the time being. EA could have made such a big deal of this situation and made the game really engaging by rewarding players with a huge variety of SBCs and rewards. They could have brought back different promos and increased the pack weight to get everyone back involved but instead its terrible SBC after terrible SBC and a TOTW re-run of very little value (especially this late in the game cycle). Grinding away at the Weekend League for example is now redundant.

Not sure if others are like me but with all this extra time I've gone back to certain games like FM20 and bought a couple of games that were on offer in the Playstation Store (AC Odyssey is superb). I get ready for some gaming each day and those other games are now at the top of the pile, FIFA, a game that I've always loved despite the flaws, is now dull and repetitive but it could have been so different if EA actually tried something different. 

Edited by stumigoo