FIFA 20

TheGoon

I’ve been close to doing this on numerous occasions by accident but it finally happened tonight.

Accidentally quick bought Stuart Armstrong for 10k whilst searching for players on a sbc. [emoji24]

Seething.

image.png.538328452a5b0d7ec508adb6b481932c.png

image.png.2b5edc4e4607caae3c5ff458e980ddd9.png

Saving for Walker (65k ish) and Laporte (32k ish) and got8/11 towards Roberto Carlos. After that I'll be pretty happy with the squad. Wish Bale was tradeable as he just doesn't do it for me.

I had a really weird couple of games last night. First one I was 6-0 down at half time on rivals. It was almost like the other player had precognition and was intercepting just about every pass. I scored early in the 2nd half and the game totally changed , finished 6-4 but I probably should have won with the amount of chances I had. The very next game I was 2-0 down at halftime, again scored early in the 2nd half and won 6-2, could easily have had 12 with the chances created. I can only conclude that the momentum swing in the game is far more defined this year. 

Edited by mrpaddyx

Did the Italian nations SBC last night and packed Champions League Lloris. Got him on the market right away, buy now 50k. Which someone paid the full amount for. So immediately sniped one back for 30k. Sold today for only 33k but still decent. 

Back up to elite 1 on squad battles. Current team:

A8B2DFC2-4B2C-419C-B79E-96D3FC6CD178.png

Edited by Wardy

No fucking Lukaku.  I'm seething.  SEETHING.

Fairly poor for Serie A to be honest.  NineGoals at RW is interesting, he looks a fucking tank.  Not sure if he'd be a good replacement for Lozano though, given I'm using him basically as a flying machine.  Nice upgrade for Martinez, but not quite enough to be useful.

Current team, and probably how it'll stay for the foreseeable, probably until the next round of Icon Swaps come out.  Couldn't not use VVD after getting him a few days ago.  Shame to drop Chiellini and Godin, especially since I'd just sold De Ligt.  He gives a decent link though, and Giggs keep chem up (VVD will get loyalty soon too).  Giggs himself is...alright.  He started off terribly, barely offered anything, but think I've got used to him now.  He's a typical flying winger who can cut in and score, which suits me really well.  I'm sure I could get better, and several wee sweaty FIFA VLs on the likes of Reddit will be scoffing, but he's good.  Not that impressed with Dzeko to be honest.

image.png.c1f6e76d4a432e8b42c450f30e8539b9.png

image.png.b2d1304b4e5e5fca900b4e5e8fb68f72.png

40 minutes ago, forameus said:

He's going to be ridiculously expensive, isn't he?  Might let a few days go by and see if the hype settles down.  I'd like to give him a try at least.

He will be extortionate, probably 300k I'd reckon. Luckily for me I haven't spent my Bale, Busquets, Isco, Marquinhos money yet.

2 hours ago, Mr. Brightside said:

He will be extortionate, probably 300k I'd reckon. Luckily for me I haven't spent my Bale, Busquets, Isco, Marquinhos money yet.

If FUTBIN is to be believed - and I have no reason to believe it is - then the price range is max 70k.  That seems really, really low, but here's hoping.

EDIT: It's true!  He just popped up at 70k but instasold.  Surely that price range is going to move, I'd get on that.

EDIT2: This c***s impossible.  Looks like the bots are having a field day, literally up for fractions of a second.  

Edited by forameus

Quite fancy Martinez from that lot. Only one who could fit into my team.
0D328AAB-6153-4F82-A682-CB1993B34267.jpeg.2583826ba2bf571f781816725a0d52d8.jpeg
I'd be all over that Nainggolan card if he wasn't a RW.

I've been grafting away on the squad battle icon swap objectives and it has been a serious grind. Got the Eredivise one done, only need one more win with my MLS squad and then I need to get started with that honking CSL one. Still got five refreshes left which I think I'll need for the CSL team, as even with 3 instant subs the team is a stinker. The AI is frustratingly good when your team is shite and they have 90+ chem and an 80+ rated team.

Division Rivals rewards.. Div 6 /Rank 3. Taking untradeables, as its easier to build up coins this year. 85 Iago Aspas in the first. UCL Matip (82) in the 2nd fits my PL squad anyway.. UCL Mendy (80)(Real Madrid LB) in first mega pack. 82 Kruse in the last one, and a gold pack, which had a different Mendy in it..

Pretty meh.. not disastrous, but not great. Will likely fire most of those players into SBCs.

15 hours ago, Mr. Brightside said:

Picked him up for 75k this morning, seem to have updated his price range.  Not a huge number of them on the market, but enough, and seems he's settling in just above 70k.  The RW must be putting people off, but he'll slot in wonderfully as a RM who can do it all.  Hopefully.