FIFA 20

TheGoon

I’m 8 wins out of 12 so happy with that to start the weekend. For Gold 2 it leaves me needing 9 out of 18 in the remaining matches so hopefully a 50% win rate is achievable.

Have enjoyed the new players and my new team but things might change depending on the Bundesliga TOTS. I definitely feel Varane and Ramos help me against decent players who I can sometimes struggle against (good players still rip me apart). The defenders still let players randomly bundle through you a fair bit but that’s the game mechanics. It’s a bit shit if you have someone on 98 defending and then some random just bounces off you and gets the break of the ball.

Actually messaged a guy to apologise in my last game. I got a red card early on and he was decent so I went mega defensive, which I never really do. It was a horrible, horrible game that needed an extra time 1-0 winner from him. Felt like I needed to say sorry for putting him through that!

You know how TOTS players have blue flares?  You know how Champions League players do too, but slightly different?  They should f**k off with that.  Anything that isn't same old fucking gold gives that split second of hope.

Right so I ended up submitting the Bundesliga again, took Lainer back in. Just Paderborn to complete again a spent roughly 38k to get the last bits of bobs (mostly Union Berlin and Düsseldorf) 

Bundesliga have the best packs, so I’ve got 18 of them (Paderborn from the last round) plenty time to complete them between now and when they give out the SBC Bundesliga TOTS player. 

My luck has to change. 

It didn’t change.

Not a single walk out in 20 packs. So with all the packs I opened yesterday, that takes it to 40 and 1 walkout.

One.

And there was me last week getting Rashford TOTs out of a one player pack.... 😩

Edited by Wardy

Dread to think what my club's going to look like after this.  I should stop giving myself a gaming punch in the stomach by still doing these upgrades, but that little carrot of getting 3 more rares back keeps me doing it.

Carvajal was a decent pull earlier, and probably the type I wanted, but since then it's just been shite after shite.  Duplicate Ocampos, like I knew I would get, a Muslera from the Rare Upgrade (fine, it's a free 88 TOTS, not bad) and then a duplicate Turkish left back that I'm too annoyed to learn the name of.  Must've gone through about a hundred of them.

Now need to mould together whatever I've got left into a team for the weekend.  Hilariously top-heavy team that absolutely cannot fit in everyone I want it to.

Really noob question, but do people notice a difference between playing folk as a LM/RM and a LW/RW.

I'm dependent on player getting best my lone striker, but like 3 central midfielders.

Kroos isnt great at being an AM or a DM, so ideally play him as a CM beside two DMs, and have players closer to the striker. 

Going to try Hazard and Ocampos as LW/RW and see what happens, but worried my full backs get roasted.

14 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Really noob question, but do people notice a difference between playing folk as a LM/RM and a LW/RW.

I'm dependent on player getting best my lone striker, but like 3 central midfielders.

Kroos isnt great at being an AM or a DM, so ideally play him as a CM beside two DMs, and have players closer to the striker. 

Going to try Hazard and Ocampos as LW/RW and see what happens, but worried my full backs get roasted.

Have you tried the 433 formation with LF and RF? Narrow, but it worked for me a while back. Only changed it to fit in some other players.

Just now, Beans on Toast said:

Have you tried the 433 formation with LF and RF? Narrow, but it worked for me a while back. Only changed it to fit in some other players.

I shall give it a try tonight and see what happens.

If I'm on here having a meltdown you'll know it went poorly.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I shall give it a try tonight and see what happens.

If I'm on here having a meltdown you'll know it went poorly.

Win win for me then. Either my good deed for the day or I get to enjoy someone else's meltdown.

But I suppose, on balance, I hope it works out for you. Others can provide the meltdown (Hey Sidney).

3 minutes ago, Wardy said:

Trade you for my 5th Cillesen if you want? 

At least I wouldn't have felt bad putting them back into upgrades...

I know it's a dick move complaining about getting a TOTS, but fucking hell it's annoying when it's a) probably the worst of the lot, b) a traditional pack troll, and c) someone you've already got untradeable.

Anyway, got a buzzer beater just there.  With the final pack I got Parejo.  So out of a day or so, I've gotten Carvajal, Ocampos, Berchiche and Parejo.  Out of all the packs I've done, perhaps not worth it, certainly in terms of time, but probably around 500k worth on the open market, and spent maybe about 300k chasing.  Meh.

Just now, Sauzee#4 said:

I suppose a if I look at it objectively, Ramos, Diego Carlos, Cazorla, 2x Ocampos and 2x Lucas Perez back from upgrades is a win for what I put in

How much did you spend?  That's a very good haul I'd say.  Fairly decent spine of a team there without thinking of the rest of your club.  Ramos and Carlos especially.

Outside of player picks I got Toni Kroos. Guaranteed was Toni Kroos. Mariano from the Turkish Guaranteed. Really fucking meh.  

Felt I put way into the la liga one and ended up with less than the PL (Hendo, Rashford and Dean Henderson) 

For all the pish ones like Perez etc I’m  really surprised. I’m sticking with it’s because I’ve moved the PS4 from the living room to the top floor bedroom. 😂

Will chill out more for this one and bag myself a 99 Lewandowski thanks EA SPORTS. Ta. 

9 minutes ago, forameus said:

It's tin foil stuff, but I feel like EA were generous on the PL ones, then clamped down.  Will be interesting to see the consensus for next week.

No they fucking weren’t right? 😂

The game can get to f**k. Made it to 13-15. 
last two to get to next stage. 
battered in game 29.

game 30, had the blue confetti was 2-0 up. Two Roberto Carlos free kicks bring in to 2-2. Two shambolic decision for free kicks and two terrible free kicks but since it was deciding that I was to move my keeper ever so slightly I knew I was conceding. 2-2 HT

2-3 after Richardson sweaties me Then 4-2 with exact same goal. 
3-4 with a Moreno wonder curler and falcao sub one on one slips it under keeper. Makes it 4-4.

88 mins one on one v defender to clinch it, go bye him and Ter Stegen makes a good save.....BUT the rebound from the save lands at the feet of their striker. That’s right his clearance / save acts as a60 yard pass. Garrincha runs and slips to Richarlson who proceeds to dink my keeper from 18 yards n Courtois is on his 6 yarder. 

downstairs flat came up to see what was wrong. 

30 done. I’ve not drank in 34 of my wonderful years but I might get a shot of straight vodka in my eyes tonight. 

breakdown pending 

Edited by HEY_SIDNEY