FIFA 20

TheGoon

34 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Hold R1 and L1 on the PS4 and it skips goal celebrations etc., just be aware it goes straight to kick off from the goal, caught me out after I got told how to do it 😂

Sitting at 8-4 now, todays record is 6-1 so cant complain at all. Dont feel like I'll make 17 but 14 should be gettable now, although that's jinxed it.

Not sure how many folk have him but the left back Yuri is a great CB. And Ocampos, despite being a right winger, plays far better on the left. Standard Aubameyang is worse than Standard Werner too.

Inevitably lose the next game obvs.

When you said 16 in 20 I genuinely thought you meant 16 wins from 20 matches but I get now it’s goals from Kroos. 🙄😂

1 minute ago, Wardy said:

When you said 16 in 20 I genuinely thought you meant 16 wins from 20 matches but I get now it’s goals from Kroos. 🙄😂

😂 hes not scored since I made that post.

I havent even scored since making that post. Feels like theres no chance I'm even making 11 wins at this rate.

Losing on penalties to an absolute shitecunt because for two CBs go for the same ball and knock each other, before you miss two one on ones, have 4 shots hit the post and have 3 shots cleared off the line, is unlikely to ever be matched in how raging it's got me.

That’s how I found today, players running into each other, tackling just not working at all. The last game I had the opposition winger (can’t remember who) outmuscled and bundled through both TOTS Ramos and Militao despite me trying to tackle and use the defenders strength. So infuriating.

Yesterday I found a few trends. 
Anyone with standard gold mpabbe, Neymar or Messi were very very good and just better players. 
Anyone with Vardy, Richarlison or Jimenez Tots we’re almost unplayable. 
Gimps with teams like mine who matched up were really poor n Could tell they lumped dough at the game. 
Anyone with baby icons were the worst players I came up against. 
On this just played someone with 6 of the shit icons and he was absolutely shit.

11 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

That’s how I found today, players running into each other, tackling just not working at all. The last game I had the opposition winger (can’t remember who) outmuscled and bundled through both TOTS Ramos and Militao despite me trying to tackle and use the defenders strength. So infuriating.

It's crazy, I dont think won a single 50/50 all day. Had Sterling both outmuscle, and outjump, Kondogbia in the same game.

Now sitting at 9-8. Might just leave it for today and go again tomorrow, its turned into an utter shitshow.

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

It's crazy, I dont think won a single 50/50 all day. Had Sterling both outmuscle, and outjump, Kondogbia in the same game.

Now sitting at 9-8. Might just leave it for today and go again tomorrow, its turned into an utter shitshow.

I get that there needs to be attacking intent in the game but this year they have completely overpowered the agile, pacey dribblers to the point that you can have absolute monster defensive players brushed aside by them, without even having to do anything to get past them. If the winger does some kind of 360 degrees spinning backheel somersault then fine, but just running in a straight line? Sorry, my defender should be able to put in a tackle without it becoming a game of chance.

5 hours ago, HEY_SIDNEY said:

Anyone with standard gold mpabbe, Neymar or Messi were very very good and just better players. 
Gimps with teams like mine who matched up were really poor n Could tell they lumped dough at the game. 

9 minutes ago, Brother Grimm said:
5 hours ago, HEY_SIDNEY said:

On this just played someone with 6 of the shit icons and he was absolutely shit.

I think with those squads you can tell on the loading screen if someone has just built that team through grinding out icon swaps and SBCs, which is fair enough. Normally if a side has lots of SBC players I think that I fancy my chances because they have built it through game effort rather than ability level (which I also admire). Some teams you can see immediately if they are going to be too much for you, and often it is players with a ridiculous team but everyone out of position, so that they can then change their shape straight away.

The teams that put the absolute fear into me are standard rare gold teams. At this stage in the game cycle I just assume they have chosen not to build a mega high rated team because they are phenomenal at the game and want to prove a point.

1 minute ago, HEY_SIDNEY said:

How u all finding it? Muhahahah 

sitting back enjoying doing bronze silver gold week 4 on rivals. Completed in 2 hours. So much fun 👀🤣

the Werner card looks out of this world 

Werner is outstanding. Given that near post shots are very overpowered this year he is brilliant for getting a yard ahead and then just firing it in from anywhere. As soon as someone plays a high line then he pretty much just runs riot.

In terms of the squad if opponents, I'm happy now when I see Traore, but find it really hard to judge others.

Had a full EFL Championship opponent who just destroyed me, then a few games later played almost a full squad of Icons who was even fucking better.

Earlier today played a side with a couple of 97+ players and I won 6-1. 

Only fear I get is when I see teams stacked with WL players.

I tend to actually not look at who I’m playing and just concentrate on my own game and how I want to play. You always find out in the early stages how the game may go anyway. If you don’t see who they have your not thinking about getting battered before the games kicked off. 

I think with those squads you can tell on the loading screen if someone has just built that team through grinding out icon swaps and SBCs, which is fair enough. Normally if a side has lots of SBC players I think that I fancy my chances because they have built it through game effort rather than ability level (which I also admire). Some teams you can see immediately if they are going to be too much for you, and often it is players with a ridiculous team but everyone out of position, so that they can then change their shape straight away.
The teams that put the absolute fear into me are standard rare gold teams. At this stage in the game cycle I just assume they have chosen not to build a mega high rated team because they are phenomenal at the game and want to prove a point.
Played an all gold bundiliga 80 rated side, so worse than my side. He was brilliant his close control with the players going all these daft drag backs, beat me 2-0 but it was a good game.

All I could do was get my players between the ball and the net.

32 minutes ago, Gerald Elbowdent said:

Fucking tremendous Mega Pack there from the Bundesliga Challenge SBC 🙄

Capture.thumb.PNG.ee661d69f515dc953330d0cc9ba76e96.PNG

https://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/fifa-20-ultimate-team-pack-odds-what-are-the-chances-of/1a5vudndnxgca1w2r3norbnrd1

There's meant to be a 77% chance of packing an 82+  😂

Last 3 Mega packs I have opened have all been 81 or below.

My club is empty atm with all these squad builders. I need the fodder.

I had to buy thorgan hazard for about 7k to complete that SBC. Gut f**k all from the pack but the realised that hazard had gone extinct on xbox and spent the next 20 minutes sniping him.

Got him under 3k twice and made about 70k profit!

Only played 4 today, won 3 and lost 1. Two more wins needed for gold 3. Having a game of poker/zoom chat with some pals in a wee while so might not be in a fit state to play tomorrow!