FIFA 20

TheGoon

8 hours ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

Loads of coins to be made at this time of year. Could potentially set yourself up for the first few months if you get it right. Especially if you use your web app and early access to get a head start on the launch day players.

Teach me

Played through the Rivals placing yesterday but got disconnected 4 times and have ended up in Division 7 from division 1 in 19. 40 FUT champs point a win is an utter joke so I now have to win 50 games just to qualify.

Gameplay is going to take a while to get used to. Even last year I used manual defending so that aspect is good for me but I have been finding myself caught out with through balls.Set pieces are awful, I can’t figure them out at all and I can’t score a penalty.

Major pluses are attacking seems a lot more fluid, I like the fact if you get through with a quick player he isn’t getting caught. It feels to me stats are a lot more important this year, Strength especially. I always felt a lot of players last year were totally pointless but now you have to build your team with a mix of attributes

I like the objectives, gives a decent way to make some coins. Don’t like the menus and the way to put players into SBC but on the whole I think it’s looking good

Sticking with Serie A just now

IMG_0977.jpg

8 hours ago, YHallSaint said:

I can’t score a penalty.

They haven't sorted out the mechanics from last year on penalties. Its far to easy to save them (tip, follow the direction that the kicker is looking at), I've saved every single one so far online but not scored any!

7 minutes ago, mrpaddyx said:

They haven't sorted out the mechanics from last year on penalties. Its far to easy to save them (tip, follow the direction that the kicker is looking at), I've saved every single one so far online but not scored any!

Lock onto one corner, take the run up and swing the analogue stick the other way and it should sail into the opposite corner.

On holiday at the minute so just pissing about doing the beginner sbc’s on the web app to try get some coins/players. I was down to my last 300 coins and I packed Courtois so that should keep me going for a wee while. Price is pretty shite though at 40k.

I got Dybala out of the final Advanced SBC, swithering on whether to sell him.  In using him in a couple of games he doesn't seem worth keeping when I could get 115k for him (and pick up Insigne and Koulibaly with the profits)

Not that it'll matter.  I'm fucking shit at the game.  Again.

I've completed all but one of the advanced SBC's and the best I've packed was Aspas who sells for barely 8k.

I'm enjoying Squad Battles but still hate the lottery that is playing online. I should probably just completely ignore Rivals/Weekend League and I'd enjoy the game a lot more.

RI managed to get Lucas Moura and sold him for 50k , I didn’t think his stats were even that good but it’s that time of year for getting good prices. 

I’ve managed to win every game on Rivals so far (division 9 and 8 FTW ha ha) but lost every single friendly. Which is a shame because the modes (mystery ball etc)  are fun.  

Edited by mrpaddyx

17 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

I've not got this game, however...
When selling players how do you know what sort of money you are going to get ? Is it just a matter of seeing what others have put a price on said player and going with that ?

I usually just use futbin to get an idea

36 minutes ago, underdogunderdog underdog said:

Anyone else finding defending particularly difficult in this version?

Very especially with Phil Jones as my defender. Most teams have pace going forward so any slow defenders just get exposed easily.

Took me a while but finally settled with a formation just now. Only need to get a decent squad but al lthe players prices are high so not really wanting to spend then they go down massively.

Gundozi is a steal at 550 coins. Also Fred is OP both players seem to cover the pitch well.

Don’t feel you get rewarded when you actually do defend well. Still can make two tackles and still don’t get the ball. Packed Bernardo Silva and Laporte and built this, Godin was 17k which is a steal for an 88 (can easily see him doubling soon) so bought 4 of them
IMG_0978.jpg

IMG_8385.PNG.903913e87c1065a244b1841040559f9d.PNG

Rivals rewards this morning,

Was going to take the 35k and try buy Werner before Friday. Decided on the 4 untradeable mega packs, hoping for a bit of luck or at least some SBC fodder. Packed Witsel and TOTW Thuram, who looks a bit of a beast. So not too bad.

Happy with that squad for a wee while now, decent starter team.