SJFA AGM Perth 15/06/19

Taxman

41 minutes ago, Whitburn Vale said:

Bang on grinder....,that last nite was agents sandman,KP and coyote

Fecking agents?!?! :lol::lol::lol::lol: the absolute melt down on here makes me want to find out more lol,  Perhaps you's have been drinking too much of your own kool aid and upset to find out that not everyone in the EOS agrees with your little gang on here?  I'm not sure but nice to see clubs joining the league.

Edited by Killiepiyo

26 minutes ago, Killiepiyo said:

Fecking agents?!?! :lol::lol::lol::lol: the absolute melt down on here makes me want to find out more lol,  Perhaps you's have been drinking too much of your own kool aid and upset to find out that not everyone in the EOS agrees with your little gang?   

Ma gang,last I checked my hometown team whitburn are still juniors (unfortunately) and my main interest is LFC and Deveronvale/HFL.

But yeah I support the direction the EoS and LL are taking and all who sail with them.

Time will tell,whether you and sandman"s tale bears fruit.

Until then think i"ll pop a few miles along the road to Blackburn from time to time to take in an a few EoS premier league game's next season in the real world instead of watching Tom Johnston''s alternate universe/dimension type/grade of football down the hill at Central park 

Edited by Whitburn Vale

So...... Back onto the actual topic of discussion, are clubs any further forward in knowing what the sjfa are negotiating for in terms of the sjfa entering the pyramid? Did tj and his committee have any information to pass on regards pyramid entry? Have they discussed anything with the eos or sfa? What is the sjfa current stance regarding pyramid entry, is it everyone at tier 6 or are they going to split regions and negotiate the easier region (West) first?

Any Info would be great.

11 minutes ago, Whitburn Vale said:

Time will tell,whether you and sandman"s tale bears fruit.

Well first of all it's no our tale, two separate bits of information, I was told directly overly a month ago. Sandman is saying what he and others heard at hospitality by a vocal different set of folk. It's no concern of mine if other clubs have contingency plans, probably deserve commendation.    

Have not heard anything said at the AGM about the Juniors and the pyramid. There is a big gap in the West and one way or another there will be a League there as part of the Pyramid. If there is no progress to move the West Juniors there a League will be set up inviting applications.

8 hours ago, Hillonearth said:

There might be a few explanations; I doubt many if any committees decided unanimously to move, and it could well be some that didn't get their way remain disgruntled about it...closer to home look at the saga of Kilwinning moving a mile across town and the fallout from that.

Another possibility that doesn't seem to have crossed anyone's mind is that they could have been bammed up....upon meeting someone so vocally against change, it would be tempting to tell them "oh aye, we're thinking of moving back though...." and walk away sniggering.  Could equally also just be good old confirmation bias where people take what they want to hear out of a conversation on a subject they're really invested in.

The only real proof would be when a team actually decided to come back, and that hasn't happened.

At kilwinning we had a supporter meeting then after that we had our AGM at our new ground and a very good turnout at both where a lot of info about the future direction the club are looking to take and it was clear they are wanting to get the ground ready towards sfa licence and be part of the pyramid system. They dont know when the West will enter the pyramid but they are relying on the sjfa to do their job and do what the club's have asked ?

Its a tongue in cheek comment about nonsense and hearsay being spouted much the same as the pyramid zealots also do about the Juniors so perhaps you are getting a taste of why some people are sick of the same garbage being posted by a handful of people
Oh bore off [emoji23]

Think it's far from impossible that a couple of ex-junior EoS clubs that wound up in tier 7 that have little or no chance of getting licensed in future might see a return as being a possibility, if being junior means more local games rather than jaunts down to Tweedmouth or Coldstream. If so this is a big fuss over not very much.

If a pyramid update was provided at the AGM and a new discipline system is being brought in to comply with SFA procedures, the goal does still appear to be pyramid entry, so junior football as we have known it could potentially be going into its last season. 

Edited by LongTimeLurker

What the hell is this utter nonsense. This is exactly why this place needs to be binned by any right thinking junior fan.

We have good men and woman at clubs running supporting and intent on improving what we have in the juniors as well as many great sponsors.
All over the country people with a positive attitude working hard along with officials at regional level to make the junior game the best it can be.

You may not like that it may send you and others into a total over the top toys out the pram rage i mean 'dreadfully parochial ayrshire backwater ' (the majority of west region clubs are not from ayrshire btw) 'pitiful ' archaic' 'backwater ' what a pathetic way to describe a grade that many many people are involved in and still enjoying to this day.
You'd be one of the nutters who if these clubs move over to your wonderful still deeply flawed 'pyramid' would say welcome great to have such big well supported non league clubs joining us etc etc etc.

Make no mistake about it this sorry farce will leave a lasting legacy where even if everyone were playing in the one system the bitterness will never ever go away.

You're re-invigorating the Pyramid debate on here, good work [emoji23]

10 hours ago, G4Mac said:

Okay, I'll bite, I don't know why but I will.

What does the sjfa in either the west or east have to offer to attract back clubs from the eos?

Why do people keep suggesting that changes to the licence criteria or processes will have an impact on teams playing in the eos? You don't need a licence to play in the eos Premier or conferences. This is frankly a stupid statement which means you either don't understand the process or are trying to spread none sense as a means to further a narrative.

Furthermore, the eos currently offers, as far as I can tell, 100% more to clubs than the ersjfa and wrsjfa put together, what would be the motive for a club moving back?

Maybe the junios need to accept that Bo'ness, Linlithgow and Sauchie are using the new junior sides to further the progression of players to the eos senior sides. In effect using the sjfa to make the players entering their first teams better prior to taking the jump up in standard..... Not as a means to move back because they don't like the eos.... I thought I'd heard all the nonsense I would, now I really have heard it all.

Careful here my friend and sorry to be pedantic but when I left school 5 years ago with ‘O’ levels in Maths and Arithmetic 100% of nought was nought.

10 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Think it's far from impossible that a couple of ex-junior EoS clubs that wound up in tier 7 that have little or no chance of getting licensed in future might see a return as being a possibility, if being junior means more local games rather than jaunts down to Tweedmouth or Coldstream. If so this is a big fuss over not very much.

If a pyramid update was provided at the AGM and a new discipline system is being brought in to comply with SFA procedures, the goal does still appear to be pyramid entry, so junior football as we have known it could potentially be going into its last season. 

Surely it would make more sense for the rest of the ERJFA south of the Tay to move over and have a regional split at tier 7 or 8 for the smaller teams instead of two separate leagues, all the teams in the same league structure would mean even less traveling at the bottom.  

12 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

Surely it would make more sense for the rest of the ERJFA south of the Tay to move over and have a regional split at tier 7 or 8 for the smaller teams instead of two separate leagues, all the teams in the same league structure would mean even less traveling at the bottom.  

I doubt a merger is happening any time soon, so clubs will decide what setup is the better fit for them. Clubs with ambitions of progression will go to the EoS, leaving something behind that is looking more and more like a glorified amateur league south of the Tay. 

What I think some people in the west don't grasp is that the east superleague didn't work anything like as well as the west superleague did, so a lot of what happened in the east revolved around the opportunity to ditch the Tayside clubs. Next season's EoS premier is effectively the east superleague format that a lot of clubs south of the Tay would have preferred to have all along.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

Careful here my friend and sorry to be pedantic but when I left school 5 years ago with ‘O’ levels in Maths and Arithmetic 100% of nought was nought.
What are you actually trying to say? For guys like me who aren't good at reading between lines, simplify please.

What I was suggesting was that from my own working experience the eos currently offers more than the sjfa ever have to the clubs that moved. Not sure what you mean by 100 of nought..... Please expand.

16 hours ago, Jason King said:

They'll be lucky to have any fans who aren't friends and family of the players.

Allowing three ammy teams in under the names of Senior clubs plus a club that the senior leagues knocked back shows how far the Junior game is falling.

So, what happened to the ethos that every club should strive to play at the highest level they possibly can?

Or, does it only count when it suits the agenda of the 'pyramid zealots'?

12 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:

Moving back to AGM matters were the disciplinary changes elaborated on? I assume it's allignment with SFA process?

It will probably be the season long trial of following the SFA's JPP (Judicial Protocols), at the end of which the SFA will review.

I'm astonished that it appears the clubs have let the SJFA heirachy away scot free despite their lies (tier 6 done deal) and shambolic handling of the PWG.

20 minutes ago, Beenzon-Toste said:

So, what happened to the ethos that every club should strive to play at the highest level they possibly can?

Or, does it only count when it suits the agenda of the 'pyramid zealots'?

i think the point if these clubs came in as their own names for example the Sauchie team being Dunblane, Bo'ness utd as Linlithgow Thistle then they would have came in as their own identity not a tribute act and for people like the Whitburn committee to be jumping up and down with excitement that bo'ness was coming back