Euro 2020 tickets

1 hour ago, PELE said:

If you have a spare 7600 Euro's you can buy a hospitality suite (for 4 people) for Wembley for the Scotland match! 1900 Euro's a ticket is extortionate though. There are 5 suites left for 4 people and 2 left for 6 people (these are 2600 Euro's a person, must be a free Bovril with your free pie in these ones for the extra 700 Euro's a pop).

Should mention, the Hampden hospitality has been sold out since last year. Despite the ludicrous prices I am still amazed that there is available hospitality right now for Wembley matches. Maybe UEFA are just poor at advertising it. Would have thought there would be plenty of wealthy fans or celeb fans willing to pay that money.

Euros. There is no apostrophe.

9 minutes ago, GordonS said:

Actually :geek, in English it's just euro. No capital, and no s, even if it's plural.

https://ec.europa.eu/economy_finance/publications/pages/publication6336_en.pdf 

I should know better. Too used to saying Euros just now when talking about the tournament rather than the currency. Then my phone adds the apostrophe. I would usually say Euro for the currency for any value.

I don't think there was a single thing that they were saying would be enforced which actually happened. No ID checks, no one enforcing mask wearing or social distancing, no one caring about what time you turned up at and even letting you in the outer gates at whichever one you turned up at.

Not sure why UEFA didn't just punt the unsold 2.5k tickets to anyone who wanted one. This messing about with only offering to people who lost out in the ballot has just cost them the cost of the unsold tickets for no real reason.

Edited by Pie Of The Month

22 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

I don't think there was a single thing that they were saying would be enforced which actually happened. No ID checks, no one enforcing mask wearing or social distancing, no one caring about what time you turned up at and even letting you in the outer gates at whichever one you turned up at.

Not sure why UEFA didn't just punt the unsold 2.5k tickets to anyone who wanted one. This messing about with only offering to people who lost out in the ballot has just cost them the cost of the unsold tickets for no real reason.

I wonder if they thought they'd get enough takers for their 185 euro tickets among those who'd bought 50 euro tickets, and were surprised to find Scots are tighter than that. In any case they must have known by Saturday that they weren't selling and could have shifted quite a few after that.

I still can't understand how there could possibly have been that many unsold. Are we sure it wasn't people who got tickets and didn't come?

Haud on, we were a few thousand short of even the 12?  f**k sake.  I would have probably taken even one of them more expensive ones had I been given the option, but assumed because I was a latecomer I wouldn't be allowed.  Seems hard to believe, although I suppose they've been trying to punt tickets in other venues and presumably running into the same issues.  They've even got a few knockout round tickets still available by the looks of it.

5 minutes ago, forameus said:

Haud on, we were a few thousand short of even the 12?  f**k sake.  I would have probably taken even one of them more expensive ones had I been given the option, but assumed because I was a latecomer I wouldn't be allowed.  Seems hard to believe, although I suppose they've been trying to punt tickets in other venues and presumably running into the same issues.  They've even got a few knockout round tickets still available by the looks of it.

Aye attendance was announced at the game as 9700 and something at the game.

As noted it ended-up a very Scottish situation - masses of red tape and instructions, doubled-down and re-written right up to yesterday, were blown apart on their first contact with reality.

We experienced no ID checks... No bag checks... There was barely a cursory scan for metal objects (in our party 1 was waved through, 1 was vaguely waved at, 1 was properly gone over with a detector but it didn't pickup metal sunglasses, keys, phone or foil). If they ever intended to try and enforce arrival times, it had been abandoned by the end of the initial tranche.

Frankly it felt a bit chaotic at times. "Has someone else checked you pal?". "Aye". "On you go". Arriving right at the end of our arrival slot we found the turnstile block still closed. Some people had been waiting 40min. Eventually a janitor was brought up to unlock the outer doors; they then got 1 and soon 2 of the 4 passages going.

Incidentally there weren't any free bottles of water. Instead they were filling up hundreds of Coca-Cola/Costa/Bovril/etc. cups and laying them out on trestle tables.

If you wanted to sum-up the bureaucratic inconsistencies with an example, try this. Entry is supposed to be staggered over 3 hours... but exit is entirely unrestricted, except the instructions "keep apart" and "sneeze into your elbow".

1 hour ago, Pie Of The Month said:

In the South Upper there were actually a couple of sweeps by stewards pre-game telling people to put on masks. (In practice this was fairly unobjectionable anyway: high up and face into the breeze... it was freezing!).

I'd also guess someone in government/similar authority watching on TV got grumpy then picked up phone at HT... as having gone entirely unmentioned for the previous 3hrs+ there were repeated specific tannoy & scoreboard announcements roughly every 10mins during 2nd half.

43 minutes ago, GordonS said:

I still can't understand how there could possibly have been that many unsold. Are we sure it wasn't people who got tickets and didn't come?

For some context... of 5 'ticked' seats adjacent to mine (no 6th as was near aisle), there were 2 unoccupied.

It was very apparent come KO stadium was only perhaps 1/6-1/8 full.

Attendance announced ~70mins... 9,847. Which was more than it looked.

Edited by HibeeJibee