Billy Gilmour

Kuro

Just now, John Lambies Doos said:

He's actually highest rated Chelsea player on BBC HYS. Think that is usually quite loaded by Scots clicking on Scots players but maybe I'm being a bit hard on him tonight, but don't think he's played well.

I've only watched about 50/90 mins at various stages and I haven't seem him give the ball away once - that said he's hardly been involved due to the hoof ball tactics from Chelsea.   

1 minute ago, John Lambies Doos said:

He's actually highest rated Chelsea player on BBC HYS. Think that is usually quite loaded by Scots clicking on Scots players but maybe I'm being a bit hard on him tonight, but don't think he's played well.

When I saw Chelsea making two subs at half time I half expected him to be one of them. 

At least Tuchel has given the full 90 I suppose. 

Just now, John Lambies Doos said:

I was wondering, i checked the score then the ratings. And he was the highest rated Chelsea player. So I come on here and he's being slated 🤔

I find it hard to believe the ratings are influenced by rampant Scottish nationalists tho.

Meant to watch it myself but couldn't turn off the excellent "married at first sight". Cant believe Jess kept poor Mick for another week.

Forget Billy Gilly, thats the real scandal.

I thought he was poor in a game where every Chelsea player was shite on the ball. He probably had more good moments than most of his teammates, but also some sloppy passing and got caught on the ball a few times.

Awful pitch and Barnsley made life really difficult for Chelsea tbf - he's had easier games against Premier League teams.

I was wondering, i checked the score then the ratings. And he was the highest rated Chelsea player. So I come on here and he's being slated [emoji848]
I find it hard to believe the ratings are influenced by rampant Scottish nationalists tho.
Meant to watch it myself but couldn't turn off the excellent "married at first sight". Cant believe Jess kept poor Mick for another week.
Forget Billy Gilly, thats the real scandal.
I find the BBC ratings pretty pointless tbh. The winning team usually all have 7-9 ratings and the losing team 3-5, even if it was a fairly tight game.
I only got to see the end of the first half and the whole second half, and the first 7-8 times BG got on the ball, he gave it away more often than not. After that though he settled a bit and it was a good contribution for the goal.
I think BG is well liked by the Chelsea fans so it's probably them more than Scotland fans skewing his rating a bit.

In summary: he wasn't awful, but he failed to stand out the way he probably needed to.

11 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

When I saw Chelsea making two subs at half time I half expected him to be one of them. 

At least Tuchel has given the full 90 I suppose. 

11 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Counted 3 times in first half, anyways I've just clicked him as Chelsea mom on BBC, more the merrier!!!

Pair of absolute numpties here. 

I thought Barnsley were excellent with the pressure they put on Chelsea and Gilmour struggled to find space in the first half. He came into the game a bit more in the second half, certainly not his best game but he still played a good part in the goal and his passing was pretty good on the whole. I do think his style suits playing in a midfield 3 better though, when it was just him next to Kante it felt like two players looking to do similar jobs in dropping deep to collect the ball and move it on - you could tell Tuchel told him to get further forward in the second half. 

Folk need to chill out with this super analysis of every minute he plays. I don't know why people were expecting Gilmour to be first or second choice under the new manager, he was always going to have to work his way in. He's also 19 and played about 12 games. Folk are expecting him to play like a prime Xavi every minute he's on the pitch. 

12 hours ago, Chewing Taffies said:

He is just a young lad trying to break into one of the biggest clubs in Europe. The expectation levels in here are a joke. He needs to go on loan at a lower level to get game time.

I'm not sure if you check in on this thread frequently but the guys who are desperate for him to start for Scotland are the ones putting the pressure on.

Some of us were ridiculed for saying he needs a loan move months ago. It was obvious just looking at the names on the team sheet that he wasn't going to get a real look in and that was under Lampard.

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

Pair of absolute numpties here. 

I thought Barnsley were excellent with the pressure they put on Chelsea and Gilmour struggled to find space in the first half. He came into the game a bit more in the second half, certainly not his best game but he still played a good part in the goal and his passing was pretty good on the whole. I do think his style suits playing in a midfield 3 better though, when it was just him next to Kante it felt like two players looking to do similar jobs in dropping deep to collect the ball and move it on - you could tell Tuchel told him to get further forward in the second half. 

Folk need to chill out with this super analysis of every minute he plays. I don't know why people were expecting Gilmour to be first or second choice under the new manager, he was always going to have to work his way in. He's also 19 and played about 12 games. Folk are expecting him to play like a prime Xavi every minute he's on the pitch. 

This for me. I didn't think he had a great impact on the game, but I did love that he never hid and was constantly looking for the ball. The boy has huge character. 

I still reckon he'd be great for us in a three. One thing we've lacked at times is someone willing to come short to take the ball forward.

Not enough credit given to Barnsley for last night's performance. They were excellent and should have won. The very epitome of a disciplined pressing game. 

1 hour ago, velo army said:

This for me. I didn't think he had a great impact on the game, but I did love that he never hid and was constantly looking for the ball. The boy has huge character. 

I still reckon he'd be great for us in a three. One thing we've lacked at times is someone willing to come short to take the ball forward.

Not enough credit given to Barnsley for last night's performance. They were excellent and should have won. The very epitome of a disciplined pressing game. 

Barnsley are a fantastic team without the ball, always a nightmare to play against for Brentford. 

Hoping they'll be knackered after last night for the weekend. 

4 hours ago, velo army said:

Yeah I like that he appears pretty vocal and expressive on the pitch - like when he gave Abraham shit for misreading a pass that was on and backheeling

Doesn't make tonight's squad, assuming he's not injured, he should have left
He seemingly wanted to but Tuchel wanted him for like two games for the rest of the season.

They've played three of the bottom five under him and Gilmour hasn't got one second on the pitch in the league.