Billy Gilmour

Kuro

Just now, John Lambies Doos said:

He would be competing with McGinn at villa, albeit both would play different positions for Scotland.
West Ham would be good option, I think Moyes wants to play Rice further up.

A doubt Rice will score or assist too many as a CF.    Which won't please many apart from G51 - who'll be fully onboard the 'Rice over Kane' Euro21 campaign.  

He'll no doubt show up in a minute with "I didn't say that" type noise.   

His hot take from earlier this week is Aberdeen are the 5th best team in the SPL.   
In fairness if@G51 show us or not, he still advised et al on Forum that McBurnie should be first on teamsheet as CF, due to his exemplary prowess this season of 16 games with no goals or assists. A manager's dream!

On 30/01/2021 at 11:40, Marshmallo said:

Which "accounts" are these?

The same accounts that say he's left his last two jobs because he's not been given complete and utter control over transfers in/out and contract renewals.

Sky linking Gilmour with Southampton this morning.

The same accounts that say he's left his last two jobs because he's not been given complete and utter control over transfers in/out and contract renewals.
Sky linking Gilmour with Southampton this morning.
If it were guaranteed he'd start most matches then this would be a great move. David Ornstein said he expects Gilmour to stay at Chelsea but has kind of gone back on that. Not sure if he's just trying to save face though.

33 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

This would've been brilliant news a week or two ago. Not now though, when game time is likely to be the odd cup game.

Again, I think folk read too much into this stuff. How is it not good news that the Chelsea manager has been impressed by him and would rather keep him than send him out on loan?

46 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Again, I think folk read too much into this stuff. How is it not good news that the Chelsea manager has been impressed by him and would rather keep him than send him out on loan?

He's likely guaranteed a start if he goes out on loan. He'll be there to make up the numbers at Chelsea if he's there for the remainder of the season.

6 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

He's likely guaranteed a start if he goes out on loan. He'll be there to make up the numbers at Chelsea if he's there for the remainder of the season.

He's 19 and he's breaking into the Chelsea team, and the new manager has watched him for a week and apparently gone from "telling him he can leave" to "wants to keep him around as he's impressed". Only Scotland fans would look at that situation and think "this is a disaster". 

13 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

He's 19 and he's breaking into the Chelsea team, and the new manager has watched him for a week and apparently gone from "telling him he can leave" to "wants to keep him around as he's impressed". Only Scotland fans would look at that situation and think "this is a disaster". 

I never said it was a disaster.

Going out to be play for another team as a regular starter is much better than "being kept around".

22 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

What was the reason that he wasn't in last 2 squads?

He sets his team up 3-4-3.

The cover on his bench yesterday -  Right wing back (James). Left wing back ( Chilwell). Centre defence (Zouma & Christiansen). Centre midfield (Kante). Attack (Pulisic, Giroud, Havertz).

Jorginho, Kovacic, Kante, Gilmour. These are his 4 players for those 2 positions in the team. Next time he might have both Gilmour & Kante and have one less defender or attacker or maybe he will lose a midfielder to injury or suspension. Gilmour is in very good company. He would be stupid to move, they would be stupid to let him go.

Chelsea have 3 weeks to gel, to play as a unit, as a team because in 3 weeks they play Atletico Madrid.

1 minute ago, Merkland Red said:

I never said it was a disaster.

Going out to be play for another team as a regular starter is much better than "being kept around".

Sorry, it was another poster who labelled it a disaster. 

He's working with great coaches and training with great players at Chelsea. I just can't agree that he's better off elsewhere when the manager clearly likes him and wants to keep him around. A gaffer who was praised for how he brought youth on at previous clubs too.

3 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Its a disaster if he doesn't actually play, which so far he hasn't even been in any squad.

A loan move to Southampton would likely have him playing regularly. 

Im not sure if having this opinion makes me a typical scotland fan or not. Just a sensible scotland fan.

27 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Sorry, it was another poster who labelled it a disaster. 

He's working with great coaches and training with great players at Chelsea. I just can't agree that he's better off elsewhere when the manager clearly likes him and wants to keep him around. A gaffer who was praised for how he brought youth on at previous clubs too.

He can train with great players every day but if was went to another EPL team he is playing against great players most week.

It's hard to justify taking him to the Euros because he trains with good players. We need him playing.

Some players are good enough to be fast tracked into the Scotland squad. Darren Fletcher hardly kicked a ball for Man Utd and he was playing for Scotland.
I'd have him in the March squad regardless but it's hard to justify him going to the Euros if he's not playing.