Billy Gilmour

Kuro

1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

It doesn't. It also doesn't mean he'll be sitting kicking his heels. Tuchel said he went for experience in his first game, if he's still using Reece James in Gilmours position in a couple of months then we'll have something to worry about. Just find it weird you've taken a negative view from what Tuchel said, which is actually overwhelmingly positive. 

I think we're interpreting it differently. I don't see much positive at all in what he said.

5 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

This is what I find weird but fair enough.

Like the stuff he says about good feet, any manager would say that, you can watch him once and know that. That's why he's at Chelsea in the first place.

To me Tuchel clearly sees him as being further away from a first team place than Lampard did, so with this change of manager imo he has obviously slipped back in the pecking order. 

Anyway no real drama he is only 19.  I'm a glass half empty type of guy.

2 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

So what I suggested months ago and had you tell me I was wrong?

I wouldn't have favoured it months ago as he was progressing well under Lampard.  I still would prefer to see him stay, but if Tuchel doesn't see him involved regularly it might be better he goes now.  Plus I was just saying its a reasonable comment, as it is.

14 minutes ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

I wouldn't have favoured it months ago as he was progressing well under Lampard.  I still would prefer to see him stay, but if Tuchel doesn't see him involved regularly it might be better he goes now.  Plus I was just saying its a reasonable comment, as it is.

He was injured and was clear for all to see he'd have a job getting in when he returned. Chelsea are overloaded with midfielders in his position.

14 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

He was injured and was clear for all to see he'd have a job getting in when he returned. Chelsea are overloaded with midfielders in his position.

I don't really think so. Last year he had four in front of him, then this season they let Loftus-Cheek go, think on loan, so he effectively moved up the pecking order by one. 

And they often play two in that role, so it was four for usually two, not too bad a position to be in. You generally need two for every position (Liverpool a good example just now of why it was daft to start a season with 3 CB's at the club) so he was always going to do okay with the amount of games a club like Chelsea play. 

Under Lampard he had had game time in I think near enough exactly half of their games since returning from a decent spell out injured.  For a 19 year old that's pretty good.

It could be all this is bollocks and I have done more fear mongering than most the last couple of days. Maybe Tuchel will see him in training and love him. As I said at Dortmund its all about the kids and they played a very technical style of football.

I just didn't think it looked great for him at all not to even make the bench in Tuchel's first game after being in every matchday squad for a couple of months and coming off the back of an impressive 90 minutes in the cup.

We'll have to wait and see I suppose.

21 minutes ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

I don't really think so. Last year he had four in front of him, then this season they let Loftus-Cheek go, think on loan, so he effectively moved up the pecking order by one. 

And they often play two in that role, so it was four for usually two, not too bad a position to be in. You generally need two for every position (Liverpool a good example just now of why it was daft to start a season with 3 CB's at the club) so he was always going to do okay with the amount of games a club like Chelsea play. 

Under Lampard he had had game time in I think near enough exactly half of their games since returning from a decent spell out injured.  For a 19 year old that's pretty good.

It could be all this is bollocks and I have done more fear mongering than most the last couple of days. Maybe Tuchel will see him in training and love him. As I said at Dortmund its all about the kids and they played a very technical style of football.

I just didn't think it looked great for him at all not to even make the bench in Tuchel's first game after being in every matchday squad for a couple of months and coming off the back of an impressive 90 minutes in the cup.

We'll have to wait and see I suppose.

You'll probably get a surprise when you check how little minutes he's had. 

Dortmund have a different philosophy than Chelsea, unfortunately. Dortmund are all about signing young players, maximising their value and then selling them on. Rinse and repeat. Chelsea it's about signing big, winning trophies and if you can't do that then you're out. It's probably better looking at what he did at PSG and I speak of no knowledge of how he treated youth there. The core principles with the owners seem to be the same though.

I'd love to see him get more of a look in. I just don't see it happening. Desperate to be wrong though.

3 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

You'll probably get a surprise when you check how little minutes he's had. 

Dortmund have a different philosophy than Chelsea, unfortunately. Dortmund are all about signing young players, maximising their value and then selling them on. Rinse and repeat. Chelsea it's about signing big, winning trophies and if you can't do that then you're out. It's probably better looking at what he did at PSG and I speak of no knowledge of how he treated youth there. The core principles with the owners seem to be the same though.

I'd love to see him get more of a look in. I just don't see it happening. Desperate to be wrong though.

Oh I check pretty much all Scottish players every week, well the good ones.  He hasn't had that many minutes but made quite a few appearances.

It is different at Dortmund and the pressures are different. Also as he alluded to himself the league is different, the EPL is the most physical league in the world as he said.  

I'm not sure what he did with kids at PSG, don't know that too many have come through there at all the last ten years they have spent so much and have so many top players.

I'm at about the same place, would love to see him playing regularly soon but think he might have to wait a while now, so a loan move is looking a good option, even if not now in the summer.  He could spend all next season out on loan and play a good number of games come back ready to compete for a place.  

Just disappointing, he was really knocking on the door under Lampard who clearly rated and trusted him, then this happens. Just the way it goes I suppose.