Billy Gilmour

Kuro

1 minute ago, gannonball said:

Is this a Roy Keane quote from Saipan to Mick Mccarthy? I suggest you calm yourself down Pep before you get banned again.

I suggest you f**k off

Its the same Roy Keane that was one of the best midfielders in the world. I feel comfortable saying he's a better judge of a player than you.

17 minutes ago, gannonball said:

He’s played probably less than a thousand minutes of senior football so its hard to see him much more than that tbh. Its wrong to compare anyone with such little decent game to world greats imo. He certainly is showing composure way ahead of his experience though.

I don't take comparisons to Xavi and Modric as literal. He's small in stature and has tremendous technical ability, same as Modric and Xavi. Modric bossed games at a young age and Gilmour has done the same for Chelsea, despite his fleeting appearances. It's not unreasonable to point out similarities. Guys who've watched him a lot more than me or you think he's world class. 

9 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I don't take comparisons to Xavi and Modric as literal. He's small in stature and has tremendous technical ability, same as Modric and Xavi. Modric bossed games at a young age and Gilmour has done the same for Chelsea, despite his fleeting appearances. It's not unreasonable to point out similarities. Guys who've watched him a lot more than me or you think he's world class. 

Thats fair enough. Obviously world class is very subjective but having looked at what Pep claimed Keane said, what he  actually said he ‘looked like a world class player’ in the game he was doing punditry on.  I don't  think anyone of note would actually label a player as being world class without a full season of getting a regular game for their team and country, subjective or otherwise. 

Edited by gannonball

18 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Thats fair enough. Obviously world class is very subjective but having looked at what Pep claimed Keane said, what he  actually said he ‘looked like a world class player’ in the game he was doing punditry on.  I don't  think anyone of note would actually label a player as being world class without a full season of getting a regular game for their team and country, subjective or otherwise. 

I'm not even talking about Keane, watch any interview with Lampard when he's talking about Gilmour. He's aware Gilmour has everything to make it to the top and even the day before he was sacked he was saying how Gilmour had essentially played his way out of going on loan.  

A loan move could be very good for Gilmour if it means playing every week. Doesn't mean he has no chance of making the Chelsea side considering his young age. I mean just look at Mason Mount.

The issue is more where he goes on loan than if he does. Needs to be a club with the right style of football where he will see the ball enough and one not reliant on physicality. That's why a foreign move could be preferable to going to the Championship. Although there a few sides in the Championship that could work. Norwich and Reading for instance.

Just now, gannonball said:

Your stance on this is bizarre.

It really does come across as jealousy. Your jealous we have billy gilmour.

11 minutes ago, BingMcCrosby said:

Your stance on this is bizarre.

It really does come across as jealousy. Your jealous we have billy gilmour.

It really isn’t bizarre to claim a player who has played next to no games is not yet world class. I don’t really support an international team enough to be jealous.  

It really isn’t bizarre to claim a player who has played next to no games is not yet world class. I don’t really support an international team enough to be jealous.  

So your Scottish, but feel Irish because you went to parkhead 3 times. 

But you don't support Ireland or Scotland.

But you like to come on the scotland threads. And slag the scotland fans and players?

But sure, your not bizarre 

Edited by BingMcCrosby

2 minutes ago, BingMcCrosby said:

So your not Scottish, but feel Irish because you went to parkhead 3 times. 

But you like to come on the scotland threads. And slag the scotland fans and players?

But sure, your not bizarre 

I have literally explained to you on another thread why I dont really support a national team.  Im not slagging Gilmour, Im questioning  those who are deeming him world class already, I think he could be a very decent player. What I do find bizarre is telling somebody they aren't really from the country they were born in, its the trait of a britain first type. 
Anyway I think this thread is best left to discuss the player.

I have literally explained to you on another thread why I dont really support a national team.  Im not slagging Gilmour, Im questioning  those who are deeming him world class already, I think he could be a very decent player. What I do find bizarre is telling somebody they aren't really from the country they were born in, its the trait of a britain first type. 
Anyway I think this thread is best left to discuss the player.

I literally don't believe you.

No your post was incredibly sneering towards gilmour, very much enjoying what you perceived to me a slight on his ability. And your description of scotland fans a "weapons".

If thats how you feel. Why are you here?

1 minute ago, BingMcCrosby said:

I literally don't believe you.

No your post was incredibly sneering towards gilmour, very much enjoying what you perceived to me a slight on his ability. And your description of scotland fans a "weapons".

If thats how you feel. Why are you here?

Thats fine I know a few people on here who can back up my claims.  And yes there are a few weapons on here, its a football forum.

6 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Thats fine I know a few people on here who can back up my claims.  And yes there are a few weapons on here, its a football forum.

You're currently the biggest 'weapon' on the TA forum.    

Raging because he came through the Rangers system and signed for Chelsea.    I couldn't give a f**k where he came from, we didn't care when Tierney broke through.   We're just delighted a genuine quality player has broken through from our country.   If you don't like it then f**k off. 

1 minute ago, Erih Shtrep said:

You're currently the biggest 'weapon' on the TA forum.    

Raging because he came through the Rangers system and signed for Chelsea.    I couldn't give a f**k where he came from, we didn't care when Tierney broke through.   We're just delighted a genuine quality player has broken through from our country.   If you don't like it then f**k off. 

Why would I be raging Gilmour left Rangers for relative buttons when he would have been worth more if he signed a contract? That doesn't even make sense. I like Gilmour from what I have seen of him but it’s best he goes on loan, but as somebody alluded to earlier the right type of league or club.

57 minutes ago, BingMcCrosby said:

Not sure this makes much sense. I don't support Falkirk or Forfar (or any other team in Scotland) but I still have a look at their threads and if someone's talking shite I'd probably say something. I'm certainly not a fan of England or any EPL team but that doesn't stop me commenting on what goes on there. I don't agree with ganonball's stance and he probably was a bit over the top in calling people weapons but this is P&B and far worse insults have been thrown around for far less than that. Questioning his nationality is a bit weird too tbh.

2 hours ago, DMCs said:

A loan move could be very good for Gilmour if it means playing every week. Doesn't mean he has no chance of making the Chelsea side considering his young age. I mean just look at Mason Mount.

The issue is more where he goes on loan than if he does. Needs to be a club with the right style of football where he will see the ball enough and one not reliant on physicality. That's why a foreign move could be preferable to going to the Championship. Although there a few sides in the Championship that could work. Norwich and Reading for instance.

I'd hope the Championship was beneath him to be quite honest. If he does go on loan I'd be hoping he'd be joining a mid-table club in one of the top leagues (eg Aston Villa, Villarreal, Hoffenheim), or one of the bigger clubs in a slightly smaller league (eg Ajax, Porto).

4 minutes ago, No One Mourned the Juniors said:

Based on his managerial record I'd say Mollie Sugden was a better judge of a player than him.

That's not the only skill in management.

Realistically a guy who was one of the best midfielders in the world is going to be one of the best judges in the world of what a good midfielder looks like.

16 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

I'd hope the Championship was beneath him to be quite honest. If he does go on loan I'd be hoping he'd be joining a mid-table club in one of the top leagues (eg Aston Villa, Villarreal, Hoffenheim), or one of the bigger clubs in a slightly smaller league (eg Ajax, Porto).

Get him in at Aston Villa so that he can start building his partnership with McGinn. 

25 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

I'm not sure he's at that level yet. Chelsea have a feeder like relationship with Vitesse who are currently 3rd in the Eredivisie. Could be a good option.

EDIT: I'd take him back at Rangers for the rest of the season as well tbh

Edited by DMCs