Billy Gilmour

Kuro

1 hour ago, Gordopolis said:

Yep, what a f*ck up emoji23.png
When I posted that link, the page just had the text quote "I'll be keeping that (the option of him going on loan) open till the end of the month" in isolation.
They've since updated it with the full vid which puts a totally different slant on it.
Sounds like it's not impossible that he goes on loan but very unlikely.

There goes the Euros for Billy

7 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

Would be a real shame if this is another setback after his injury. If he does play under Tuchel then I could see him playing a bit further forward like Verratti.

Every time I've seen Gilmour play at the base of the midfield, he's been brilliant - anytime he's been player further forward he's looked like a lost chicken.

Let's just hope Tuchel fancies him ahead of Jorginhio.

3 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

They all effectively play in the same position though..

No they don't, they are all completely different types of midfielders. Gilmour is a deep creative player, McGinn is a destructive box-to-box player who tends to play higher up and McTominay is a bit of a mix of the two who can play more or less any midfield role.

Edited by craigkillie

Just now, craigkillie said:

No they don't, they are all completely different types of midfielders. Gilmour is a deep creative player, McGinn is a destructive box-to-box player who tends to play higher up and McTominay is a bit of a mix of the two who can play more or less any midfield role.

Aye its got good balance. Quality midfield that any team in Europe would be happy enough with.

5 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

2 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

1 minute ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

Aye its got good balance. Quality midfield that any team in Europe would be happy enough with.

The above points exactly. I think it has perfect balance but I’m sure we’ll find out in practice at some point!

Just now, craigkillie said:

I think at 19 its a bit early to define the role of Billy Gilmour. I wouldn't be surprised to see him playing further forward in future. And strolling it as usual.

1 minute ago, BingMcCrosby said:

I think at 19 its a bit early to define the role of Billy Gilmour. I wouldn't be surprised to see him playing further forward in future. And strolling it as usual.

He will play wherever the f**k he wants and boss it.  If he wants a game at prop for the All Blacks that's the way its gonna be.

3 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Thinking back to those horrendous days when we had  Collins, Lambert and McAllister AND they all played in the same position - nightmare! 😂

3 hours ago, BingMcCrosby said:

It's about as clear as I have ever seen in a young player what Gilmour's talents are and it's very obviously dictating play from a deep role.

The Pirlo, Xavi, Makalele role, call it whatever you want - get the ball, move it on, always be available - that's him in a nutshell.

47 minutes ago, ArabFC said:

It's about as clear as I have ever seen in a young player what Gilmour's talents are and it's very obviously dictating play from a deep role.

The Pirlo, Xavi, Makalele role, call it whatever you want - get the ball, move it on, always be available - that's him in a nutshell.

You may be right. Personally I'd prefer to see him play a few different roles at professional level, as he has at youth level. 

2 hours ago, ArabFC said:

He reminds me of a young xavi, every single pass goes exactly where intended, long and short

He would run the game if we capped him, better than a McGregor can

Faroes would be perfect game to try it out

Still don't see it happening