Billy Gilmour

Kuro

3 hours ago, RobbieD said:

Genuinely, I don’t know why Chelsea have loaned him out. He’s better than everyone other than Kante in their own midfield.

He isn’t. He wouldn’t be going out on loan for a season if he were.  By Scottish standards he’s a genuinely talented prospect. By Chelsea’s standards, he’s not yet at the level required.   That’s not a blight on him at all, but we need to be realistic here. 

6 hours ago, RobbieD said:

Genuinely, I don’t know why Chelsea have loaned him out. He’s better than everyone other than Kante in their own midfield.

Gilmour is class but he's not better than Jorginho for next year. I'd have Kovacic ahead of him too.

That's absolutely not a slight on Gilmour btw. He's behind borderline world class players who won the Champions League last season. A good year at Norwich and he can potentially move above both.

On 04/07/2021 at 06:08, gannonball said:

Its pretty ridiculous really to suggest that you knew a player would become world class after a few games, I doubt you would be posting on pnb if that was the case.

His first PL start, five days after THAT game against Liverpool.

You don't have to be a genius to recognise a special talent.

1 hour ago, ArabFC said:

Yeah have to agree, of course its not ridiculous you could tell someone would be world class after a few games. Or even one, sometimes its just blindingly obvious. I've done it and got it right loads of times. And I dont consider myself to be some expert talent spotter.

The people arguing you can't do it maybe just don't understand football. 

37 minutes ago, BingMcCrosby said:

Yeah have to agree, of course its not ridiculous you could tell someone would be world class after a few games. Or even one, sometimes its just blindingly obvious. I've done it and got it right loads of times. And I dont consider myself to be some expert talent spotter.

It was obvious after a few games that Ronaldo was special 

He came with a fan fair as the man united players had all said to sign him

Straight away he looked amazing 

4 hours ago, ArabFC said:

There is Quite a difference between world class and a special talent though. I wouldn’t  argue regarding the latter.

2 hours ago, BingMcCrosby said:

image.jpeg.e2cc806416887c274e521ca5f0fb242a.jpeg

1 hour ago, Binos said:

It was obvious after a few games that Ronaldo was special 

He came with a fan fair as the man united players had all said to sign him

Straight away he looked amazing 

Again obvious he was a special talent but his pass/shot selection was lacking, was quite slight in frame (compared to now) and kept doing overs when there was absolutely no need rather than use his frightening pace. He absolutely knocked his pan in though for a few years and then changed position to become the colossus he now is. 

Basically for me there are far too many variables to predict that they are going to be one of the best in that position. Attitude/mentality being the hardest for an outside fan to gauge really. 
I would imagine for those claiming they can do it for every Ronaldo there are 10 Adus/Ravel Morrisons etc that they got wildly wrong that they like to casually forget about.

Edited by gannonball

40 minutes ago, gannonball said:

There is Quite a difference between world class and a special talent though. I wouldn’t  argue regarding the latter.

No. I said then "he was going to be huge for us". World class? Debatable what that even means.

Although Roy Keane was labelling him 'world class' after just one game. Why? Because even a midfielder of Keane's calibre was going 'wow' and could straight away recognise the skillset Gilmour was showing is one possessed by very few players.

Edited by ArabFC

27 minutes ago, ArabFC said:

No. I said then "he was going to be huge for us". World class? Debatable what that even means.

I know, but you were replying to myself about predicting a player to be world class so Im unsure as to what you you were debating with me. I agree that he is a special talent absolutely. Also agree regarding ‘world class’, how you classify that isn’t cut in stone and has been debated on here a few times I think.

Edited by gannonball

35 minutes ago, gannonball said:

I know, but you were replying to myself about predicting a player to be world class so Im unsure as to what you you were debating with me. I agree that he is a special talent absolutely. Also agree regarding ‘world class’, how you classify that isn’t cut in stone and has been debated on here a few times I think

download.jpeg

On 03/07/2021 at 22:50, Gaz said:

There are an insane amount of bitter Rangers fans online absolutely apoplectic that he chose going to Norwich over going to Ibrox. Apparently playing against Ross County, St Mirren and Livingston twelve games a season is just what a Champions League winner needs to develop his career.

Well, we do keep hearing that a season in League Two will improve Scotland's young players no end.

Only if they're wearing a Celtgers shirt, mind.

9 hours ago, BingMcCrosby said:

I've done it and got it right loads of times. And I dont consider myself to be some expert talent spotter.

What talent have you spotted mate? 😅

Edited by 2426255

46 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

Yes, very witty - now back up your outlandish claims, bet you can't.

Back up my outlandish claims that I've looked at a player immediately and thought they would be class and were correct? Firstly I dont think its terribly outlandish, have you never done this?

Secondly I could literally just make up anything and say I got all the players right. You would never know or not.

Thirdly i don't care if you believe me or not, im really not concerned. Anyone i know who watches football makes these kind of judgments. There's nothing special about noticing a good player already playing at a top team is there?

Fourthly, your mum is top talent. Its you that let's her down 🤣

11 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:
On 06/07/2021 at 13:54, TheScarf said:
I wonder if the Norwich fans ken how much of a plur they have on their hands.

And apparently his Mums a wid too

You ken the rules son....

Back up my outlandish claims that I've looked at a player immediately and thought they would be class and were correct? Firstly I dont think its terribly outlandish, have you never done this?
Secondly I could literally just make up anything and say I got all the players right. You would never know or not.
Thirdly i don't care if you believe me or not, im really not concerned. Anyone i know who watches football makes these kind of judgments. There's nothing special about noticing a good player already playing at a top team is there?
Fourthly, your mum is top talent. Its you that let's her down 🤣

I’ll do it for you. I watched a 21 year old Luca Modric (whom I’d never heard of at the time) piss all over England’s midfield when Croatia beat them 2-0 in 2006 and immediately thought “that guy is fucking class”

2 hours ago, Mr Tourette said:

I’ll do it for you. I watched a 21 year old Luca Modric (whom I’d never heard of at the time) piss all over England’s midfield when Croatia beat them 2-0 in 2006 and immediately thought “that guy is fucking class”

Sounds like proper "Elevenerife" stuff, but I remember watching him for Dinamo Zagreb against Arsenal in a Champions League qualifier before that and he very obviously stood out then too, to the extent that I was absolutely astonished Wenger didn't just go out and sign him right away.