Billy Gilmour

Kuro

2 hours ago, printer said:

Great to see Gilomour doing so well recently. Hopefully he can continue to get a regular game and develop.

It’s a measure of this thread that I can’t tell if the spelling of his name here is a typo or an insult that I just haven’t gotten. 🤣

4 hours ago, Jambomo said:

It’s a measure of this thread that I can’t tell if the spelling of his name here is a typo or an insult that I just haven’t gotten. 🤣

Just a typo, m8. 😁

Its been mentioned before, but he does look physically bigger. If you have a look at pictures of him playing for Chelsea or Norwich you can see a noticeable difference.

Hes never going to be  unit of a guy, but that extra muscle will be doing him the world of good. And also improve his confidence in winning the ball.

Its whats hes needed for a while.

2 minutes ago, Bing.McCrosby said:

Its been mentioned before, but he does look physically bigger. If you have a look at pictures of him playing for Chelsea or Norwich you can see a noticeable difference.

Hes never going to be  unit of a guy, but that extra muscle will be doing him the world of good. And also improve his confidence in winning the ball.

Its whats hes needed for a while.

I didn't see all of his hour yesterday, but I did see him at one point ragdolling Martinelli and taking the ball off him. Willingness to get into the physical stuff will do him good. I felt from what I seen that he played well and the improvements most people have said are needed seem to be showing themselves.

I hope De Zerbi stays there and Gilmour gets a full pre season to continue learning his style. 

On 15/05/2023 at 00:15, velo army said:

I've always thought that the "prove I said that with quotes" gambit was pure wee guy behaviour unless it was for something serious like racism, sexism or wanting to drop Callum McGregor. Not just from you by the way. It's pure egocentrism. Someone wants to pick a fight with you just let it slide. If you don't want to let it slide then just take it to pm so that you don't spam the thread with your back and forth.

It's that simple. The pair of you are rendering this and the Tierney thread unreadable.

Indeed, Bing wasn't even mentioned on this thread but rushed to defend himself, talk about a guilty conscience. 

Him and several others are constantly attacking our players and the national team all over this forum. They have been called out, and Bing have said he will stop doing it - good, let's all hope so. 

He repeatedly promised to ignore me but failed at that.

At least he has stopped trying to get Steve Clarke sacked so he can change on some things.

One thing is for sure, I have no intention of re reading his dreadful posts again.

As for Gilmour, a strong end to this season and he continues to prove the haters on this thread wrong. Good for him. Like Tierney I'm glad I backed him.

Who was the youth midfielder that was ahead of Gilmour in the pecking order a few months ago based on one sub appearance? 😂

You'll struggle to find two more different type of central midfielders....

Gilmour thriving on the competition now.

Are 100% of your posts about him negative?

And if you want to punt in wildly different midfielders Brighton might sign James Milner is a good shout too. Reckon he won't take much game time off Gilmour (if any) but will be a good mentor off the pitch.

Edited by Satoshi

10 minutes ago, Bing.McCrosby said:

It really is an amazing turn around from Gilmour, forcing his way into the team for the most important part of the season. And couldn't have come at a better time for us, were a better team with him in it.

I thought Macgregor and Gilmour were a fantastic pairing that should play together whenever possible. However, given the way the midfield 3 performed in the last camp, who do you drop out for Gilmour now? Macgregor and Mcginn are pretty much undroppable and McTom offers more of a goal threat. Tough one. A good problem to have though.