Billy Gilmour

Kuro

2 hours ago, 2426255 said:

If he came on as a substitute for 6 of the remaining 12 matches then you'd win the bet - I think he could achieve such a lofty target and so it wouldn't be wise to accept your generous offer. I will certainly consider fairer terms than that, Perhap terms based around a percentage of minutes played.

Billy Gilmour has only played 57% of minutes available to Norwich across the 21/22 Premier League season which is good for a youngster - but, it's a bit on the low side if you're the best player in the team.

Not surprised you are being a total shitebag around it.

Its so obvious to you how terrible he is, just not to any manager who has worked for him.

Tuchel and Smith openly rate him, must really stick in your caw. The rest of your pish about him Vs other Chelsea youngsters has been extensively addressed in this thread.

Have your ever thought of writing a Billy Gilmour hate blog? It would allow you to fulfill your desires without anyone else seeing it.

6 minutes ago, Satoshi said:

Not surprised you are being a total shitebag around it.

Its so obvious to you how terrible he is, just not to any manager who has worked for him.

Tuchel and Smith openly rate him, must really stick in your caw. The rest of your pish about him Vs other Chelsea youngsters has been extensively addressed in this thread.

Have your ever thought of writing a Billy Gilmour hate blog? It would allow you to fulfill your desires without anyone else seeing it.

Why do you always lower the level to personal insults instead of addressing my arguments? I challenge your views, but don't have a go at you as a person for your opinions. I think he is overhyped and I'm happy posting my thoughts here. You can like it or lump it. 💋

Edited by 2426255

Ruben Loftus-Cheek had a similarly pish loan spell at Fulham last season and has made 22 appearances for Chelsea this season so far.

He might well get a chance with them next season. If he does go out on loan again it will need to be a fucking good one though.

On 27/02/2022 at 19:00, 2426255 said:

Why do you always lower the level to personal insults instead of addressing my arguments? I challenge your views, but don't have a go at you as a person for your opinions. I think he is overhyped and I'm happy posting my thoughts here. You can like it or lump it. 💋

Your arguments have been addressed extensively in the previous pages. It has been pointed out how Gilmour is factually, unequivocally, at a more advanced stage than almost other Chelsea loanee as well as Jorginho at the same age.

The 'stats' you posted earlier weren't stats about his actual game (where he has clearly performed well in some games) but rather the very simplistic results when he plays vs. those when he doesn't - if it was that simple that he would have been dropped. He hasn't. When fit Smith nearly always plays him - that should tell you his contribution is ranked ahead of his direct competitors. Farke is the only manager who Gilmour has ever had who doesn't effusively rate him, and he lasted a few months before being sacked.

He may very well be overhyped, but your hatred of him clearly goes far beyond that. It's unsettling really, I hope you don't have a firearms license.

As a Scotland fan I'm happy that Gilmour is playing regularly in the EPL, that's the whole point of this loan spell. I'm sure he is learning a lot. He could have easily stayed at Chelsea and sat on the bench with the occasional game (Tuchel wanted him to stay as part of the first team squad) but Gilmour insisted he go out and play even though he knew it would be in an inferior team. And despite playing at the worst team in the league he doesn't hit on the sidelines and wants to be as involved as possible. Plenty to like about the young man, seems to have the attitude to suceed as well as the technical ability. 

If this loan spell continues as is he won't be the first (or last) excellent player to have an underwhelming loan spell.

But this has all been posted before, I imagine you will come on every time Norwich lose and say how badly Gilmour was. And then bottle putting your money where your mouth is. Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

48 minutes ago, Satoshi said:

Your arguments have been addressed extensively in the previous pages. It has been pointed out how Gilmour is factually, unequivocally, at a more advanced stage than almost other Chelsea loanee as well as Jorginho at the same age.

The 'stats' you posted earlier weren't stats about his actual game (where he has clearly performed well in some games) but rather the very simplistic results when he plays vs. those when he doesn't - if it was that simple that he would have been dropped. He hasn't. When fit Smith nearly always plays him - that should tell you his contribution is ranked ahead of his direct competitors. Farke is the only manager who Gilmour has ever had who doesn't effusively rate him, and he lasted a few months before being sacked.

He may very well be overhyped, but your hatred of him clearly goes far beyond that. It's unsettling really, I hope you don't have a firearms license.

As a Scotland fan I'm happy that Gilmour is playing regularly in the EPL, that's the whole point of this loan spell. I'm sure he is learning a lot. He could have easily stayed at Chelsea and sat on the bench with the occasional game (Tuchel wanted him to stay as part of the first team squad) but Gilmour insisted he go out and play even though he knew it would be in an inferior team. And despite playing at the worst team in the league he doesn't hit on the sidelines and wants to be as involved as possible. Plenty to like about the young man, seems to have the attitude to suceed as well as the technical ability. 

If this loan spell continues as is he won't be the first (or last) excellent player to have an underwhelming loan spell.

But this has all been posted before, I imagine you will come on every time Norwich lose and say how badly Gilmour was. And then bottle putting your money where your mouth is. Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

Why does my opinion on Billy Gilmour get up your nose so much?

17 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

Haven’t looked at this thread for at least a month. Was hoping things might have changed since last visit, but apparently this excruciatingly boring troll is still in operation. Yawn.

I'm trying to help Satoshi mend his ways and then we can all get back to what this thread is supposed to be about!

59 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

Why does my opinion on Billy Gilmour get up your nose so much?

It doesn't, but I just finished the excellent assassination of Gianni Versace TV series and feel it's worth challenging someone who has an unhealthy obsession with a public figure (positive or negative).

Wouldn't want Gilmour ending up like John Lennon after all.

Maybe best to post about other players from now on, you seem unhinged in this particular case.

Your head must have exploded when the commentator praised a chance he created and called him a good player.

Gilmour career won't be defined (either way) when some jobber like Ben Gibson has a shocker and throws away an important game with two individual errors.

3 hours ago, Satoshi said:

Your head must have exploded when the commentator praised a chance he created and called him a good player.

Gilmour career won't be defined (either way) when some jobber like Ben Gibson has a shocker and throws away an important game with two individual errors.

I see what you're saying. Ben Gibson, VAR and the rest of the Norwich City team are making Billy look bad. Is that right?

Edited by 2426255

I don’t think even the most ardent Gilmour fan would call his loan spell at Norwich a success. I would suggest he’s further away from the Chelsea first team now than he was a year ago.
Be interesting to see where he goes next season, another loan move is all but assured. Will another EPL team take him on? Or will he go to the Championship or - whisper it - back to Rangers?

11 minutes ago, Lex said:

I don’t think even the most ardent Gilmour fan would call his loan spell at Norwich a success.

Some people on here certainly give it a good try. (Satoshi, I'm looking at you) 😄

1 hour ago, 2426255 said:

I see what you're saying. Ben Gibson, VAR and the rest of the Norwich City team are making Billy look bad. Is that right?

Nope, but he didn't have a bad game. You must have been frothing with rage when the commentator called him a good player.

24 minutes ago, Lex said:

I don’t think even the most ardent Gilmour fan would call his loan spell at Norwich a success. I would suggest he’s further away from the Chelsea first team now than he was a year ago.
Be interesting to see where he goes next season, another loan move is all but assured. Will another EPL team take him on? Or will he go to the Championship or - whisper it - back to Rangers?

It's been a success in the sense that he start pretty much every match he is fit for, and he is getting a lot of minutes he wouldn't have got at Chelsea.

Ruben Loftus Cheek and Barkley had even worse loan spells (where they were dropped) but came back and got minutes for Chelsea. Both are vastly inferior players to Gilmour. 

Harry Kanes poor loan spell at Leicester didn't affect his Tottenham career.

Connor Gallagher had an unmipressive loan spell at WBA, who were relegated, but still quite easily picked up a Premier League club. Gilmour was far ahead of Connor Gallagher in the Chelsea pecking order at the start of the season.

But I don't know how the hierachy at Chelsea are judging it. If I was to make a prediction I would say that Gilmour would find another Premier League club next season. I'd be willing to take a bet with anyone that he will do this (or another of the top 5 leagues) rather than the Championship or SPFL. Any takers? Name your charity stake. 

1 hour ago, Satoshi said:

It's been a success in the sense that he start pretty much every match he is fit for, and he is getting a lot of minutes he wouldn't have got at Chelsea.

But I don't know how the hierachy at Chelsea are judging it. If I was to make a prediction I would say that Gilmour would find another Premier League club next season. 

Definitely a success in terms of minutes. Do you think he will have a shot at the Chelsea first team next season? Here's a question for you: do you think Norwich would have him back?

Edited by 2426255

A "fan" of a team yet so desperate to see one of their player's fail and revel in any perceived poor performance. Of course it is trolling but seems bizarre when trying to be taken so seriously on other TA threads. 

Assuming he is not injured, Gilmour will be in the next Scotland squad and more than likely will start - whenever that game will be. And Scotland as a team will be all the better for his inclusion. I haven't come across one (actual) Scotland fan who doesn't think that. 

18 minutes ago, KingRocketman II said:

A "fan" of a team yet so desperate to see one of their player's fail and revel in any perceived poor performance. Of course it is trolling but seems bizarre when trying to be taken so seriously on other TA threads. 

Assuming he is not injured, Gilmour will be in the next Scotland squad and more than likely will start - whenever that game will be. And Scotland as a team will be all the better for his inclusion. I haven't come across one (actual) Scotland fan who doesn't think that. 

I'm just advancing the argument that he is overrated. This argument is unrelated to my view on him in relation to the Scotland National Team. You might even say it's more a laugh at the fans who hype(d) him up than the player himself. Hope that clears it up for you. 👍 

Edited by 2426255