Billy Gilmour

Kuro

Has there ever been a case of someone so determined to criticise a specific player?

Gilmour, whatever his faults, is clearly far ahead at the same age than Jorginho or Kante. And probably Modric too even if that is a slightly different case.

But to criticise him by saying he isn’t dominating as much in the Premier Leagues worst team compared to someone in the Italian third division? Good grief.

im sure you would wish he was doing much worse at Norwich but he is playing every week and statistically doing quite well. That must really hurt.

4 hours ago, Satoshi said:

Has there ever been a case of someone so determined to criticise a specific player?

Gilmour, whatever his faults, is clearly far ahead at the same age than Jorginho or Kante. And probably Modric too even if that is a slightly different case.

But to criticise him by saying he isn’t dominating as much in the Premier Leagues worst team compared to someone in the Italian third division? Good grief.

im sure you would wish he was doing much worse at Norwich but he is playing every week and statistically doing quite well. That must really hurt.

Ignore function, thank me later.

Happy new year everyone 

This is like when Supras was determined to anoint Mario Balotelli as one of the greatest footballers of all time.

An entire thread dedicated to discussing why an obvious, and self-confessed, troll is regularly posting contrarian views that they're unlikely to genuinely believe.

On 31/12/2021 at 01:51, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Someone playing something more akin to "Carrilero" or a deep lying midfielder needs those in front of him to do their job for them to do theirs. 

I'd say describing Billy Gilmour as a 'Carrilero' is a bigger insult. Seems to have gone somewhat under the radar. 🤔

Edited by 2426255

4 hours ago, 2426255 said:

I'd say describing Billy Gilmour as a 'Carrilero' is a bigger insult. Seems to have gone somewhat under the radar. 🤔

Not as much as you're trying to insult everyone's intelligence by taking one thing I said, out of context, and using it to focus on rather than admit you've absolutely made an arse of yourself

1 minute ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Not as much as you're trying to insult everyone's intelligence by taking one thing I said, out of context, and using it to focus on rather than admit you've absolutely made an arse of yourself

He's only insulting the intelligence of the select few who don't have him on ignore and whom he apparently has on strings. 

Do yourselves (and the rest of us) a favour and stick him on ignore. He was just talking to himself for about a month or two.

On 01/01/2022 at 05:55, Satoshi said:

That's a pointless comparison to be honest. Plenty players burst on to the scene then fade away. Others are late bloomers.

I still think Gilmour will play regularly for a decent team in the future though.

6 hours ago, paul-r-cfc said:

Decent wee write up on the BBC.

Billy Gilmour: How midfielder has gone from Ayrshire to Champions League winner
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57544985

The most interesting bit is that they get them to do ballet and seeing what their homework is as academy players. 

3 hours ago, craigkillie said:

It does seem a bit like a puff piece in fairness, it claims he's "shining" at Norwich which is very clearly not true.

EDIT: So much so that this has been taken out of the article, it was definitely originally there.

Aww it definitely is! Nonsense journalism for large parts of it. 

On 03/01/2022 at 00:03, Merkland Red said:

That's a pointless comparison to be honest. Plenty players burst on to the scene then fade away. Others are late bloomers.

I still think Gilmour will play regularly for a decent team in the future though.

It's only a pointless comparison because you don't like it.

Of course some players peak at different levels, but what is undeniably true is that Gilmour is far ahead of (now) world class players were at his age.

Smith reported no fresh Covid-19 concerns but provided an update on the injury of midfielder Billy Gilmour. 

Billy Gilmour has got a high ankle injury so that’s probably going to put him out for three to four weeks. He’s going back to Chelsea for them to assess it and I’m hopeful then he’ll be back for his treatment and rehab over the next few days. 

Asked if the injury could lead to a recall, he said:

No, I don’t believe so. I don’t think the injury is significant enough for that. I believe it’s an injury that will be assessed by Chelsea, he’ll be sent back to us and hopefully in the next three weeks he’ll be back playing.

https://www.pinkun.com/sport/norwich-city/ncfc-boss-on-normann-rashica-return-gilmour-injury-8612676