Billy Gilmour

Kuro

58 minutes ago, Chewing Taffies said:

Yes David Nugent who was the leagues top scorer. Harry Kane was a 19 year old nobody. Started 5 and scored 2.

Carry on with your shite example though!

What's shite about it?

His loan with Norwich was terminated and he was sent to the lower league where he was behind David Nugent in the pecking order.

This is all fact.

Hasn't stopped him having a great career, guess performances early loans don't really matter that much.

Also don't know where you are getting your information from, David Nugents was the leagues 8th top scorer that season - 14 goals behind Glenn Murray and 13 behind Jordan Rhodes. Indeed, if you take away his two playoff goals (only fair as most other players didn't have two extra games) then he would be on 14.

So David Nugent, never that good, but played ahead of Harry Kane at a similar age Gilmour is starting every week in the Premiership.

Edited by Satoshi

Just sat and watched the first half and it's the first time I've seen Norwich. It's hard watching. Gilmour hasn't been great but no way he can be singled out

Dreadful team. Almost as if barely strengthening their team from their last relegation wasn't a good idea after all.

59 minutes ago, Satoshi said:

What's shite about it?

His loan with Norwich was terminated and he was sent to the lower league where he was behind David Nugent in the pecking order.

This is all fact.

The Norwich comparison is pointless as already stated. He only played 3 games due to a broken foot. 

David Nugent was the leagues top scorer the season before, clubs top scorer the next season, was an established player who was capped and scored for England. Nobody knew who Harry Kane was. He was signed as cover. Gilmour is already an international with first team experience at Chelsea. Folk in here think he is the next Iniesta.

It was just a really poor example from yourself. Completely different types of players, clubs, situations etc etc. I couldn't give a f**k about Harry Kane. But it's just another example of people refusing to believe that Billy Gilmour might not actually be a world beater. I hope he will be though.

Collymore just tweeted a video of Norwich fans singing:
‘f**k off back to Chelsea’
Seems to have got pretty nasty for him down there. Recall in all parties interests I think.

Poor first half, decent enough second half - although Palace clearly dropped their intensity. 

Norwich appear a pretty horrible side to play in central midfield for, options on the ball not far off being non existent and the quality out wide and up front is miles off it. Constant balls up the line first half. Still, he is part of that and needs to drive things on from the middle and win the ball back more - which he did do to a greater extent second half. 

22 minutes ago, Lex said:

Collymore just tweeted a video of Norwich fans singing:
‘f**k off back to Chelsea’
Seems to have got pretty nasty for him down there. Recall in all parties interests I think.

And then tweeted this.

He isn’t blameless - when I’ve watched them recently I’ve thought he often looks quite nonchalant off the ball - which makes an easy target for fans who would probably love someone that just runs about like a headless chicken. I think he would be helped massively if Norwich had someone a bit stronger in midfield beside him.

For his sake I hope they sign half a new team in January because it must be demoralising playing in that bin fire of a team every week.

Had a look on the Norwich forum, he was apparently caught laughing with some Chelsea players at the end of the game after Chelsea pumped Norwich which never goes down well.

He's also viewed as a 'hype job'. Most clubs experience that with the OF in this country when we get a loan from them and they're made out to be amazing then just either very underwhelming if not just completely shite for your team which leads to them getting called 'gutless' particularly if your team isn't doing very well so I understand that one.

Finally, he's just described as far too lightweight. Norwich fans don't see him as the main issue to all their problems but he does symbolise their current plight right now in their view. To be fair to them, in the limited bits I've seen he does get brushed off the ball far too easily in a way that we've not witnessed with Scotland as of yet.

Best bet would be for him to be recalled and sent elsewhere.

30 minutes ago, HuttonDressedAsLahm said:

Well, that’s observably nonsense. Want to try again?

Tartan Army fan boy over him all what you want but the reality is that he was really poor against a mid-table Crystal Palace team who were missing their best midfielder.

If you think he’s better than Kante then batter in.

Tartan Army fan boy over him all what you want but the reality is that he was really poor against a mid-table Crystal Palace team who were missing their best midfielder.
If you think he’s better than Kante then batter in.

There's a world of difference between "better than Kante" and "not good enough for the Barclays" [emoji38]

He's absolutely good enough to be playing at that level. It's not even debatable.

27 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

He's absolutely good enough to be playing at that level. It's not even debatable.

He's nowhere near the Chelsea first eleven, through ability or style.

Desperately needs to get away from West London, I wouldn't be surprised to see him or Gallagher (possibly both) being used as part of the bargaining to get Rice from West Ham. 

He's nowhere near the Chelsea first eleven, through ability or style.
Desperately needs to get away from West London, I wouldn't be surprised to see him or Gallagher (possibly both) being used as part of the bargaining to get Rice from West Ham. 

I'm not arguing he's ready for Chelsea's first team. He's absolutely ready for the EPL though. Just because he isn't dragging a shite Norwich side out of their 2 yearly relegation doesn't mean he isn't good enough to play in "the Barclays".