Billy Gilmour

Kuro

1 hour ago, Meldrew said:

i don't hate anyone fella, i'm pretty sure most of my red dotters are mostly decent people, and i don't hate scottish football either, can't say i watch that much of it, although its difficult to avoid living back north of the border, but it does puzzles me that X,Y & Z down the road are shite and overrated, but the rare time i see sportscene, the football is just a bag of w**k

You are correct about Sportscene. The EFL highlights are just as bad though. FFS Victor dontcha have anything better to do?

I think it’d definitely be fair to say that the Championship has teams better than most Scottish teams, but they also have some utter shite.
That said, taking Rangers as an example, there’s no way a squad with guys like Morelos, Kent, Barisic, Kamara, Hagi, Goldson, Roofe and McGregor isn’t (at least) one of the best in that division 

I don't doubt they'd compete, I just don't think they'd run away with it like some of their deluded fans would have you believe.

3 hours ago, Meldrew said:

who the f**k are you ? the internet polis ?

The point hes making is your not a scotland fan. So if you think some scotland fans overrate the players, why does that bother you?

I think alot of the English players are overrated by the English, I dont spend my time logging onto their forums specifically to tell them that.

Because it doesn't bother me, and I'm not an absolute fanny.

29 minutes ago, BingMcCrosby said:

The point hes making is your not a scotland fan. So if you think some scotland fans overrate the players, why does that bother you?

I think alot of the English players are overrated by the English, I dont spend my time logging onto their forums specifically to tell them that.

Because it doesn't bother me, and I'm not an absolute fanny.

bother me ? its not me thats invested something into a team of bang average players, and as for overrating, more than a few englishmen know Harry Maguire is shite

Edited by Meldrew

Just now, Meldrew said:

bother me ? its not me thats invested something into a team of bang average players, and as for overrating, more than a few englishmen know Harry Maguire is shite

Apparently you don't support any team so no your not investing anything.

Ok so you think scotland fans overrate their players, and that apparently doesn't bother you.

So you have come on to make this point repeatedly. For what reason?

Edited by BingMcCrosby

3 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:
4 hours ago, cameron2000 said:
Dean Smith making the admission that Billy played with a 39 degree fever against Aston Villa. No wonder he didn’t play his best!

In fairness I think Dean Smith is talking shite. No way that would be medically allowed.

Bully"s Fae Ayrshire remember !

c.  SSC

Went to a good few championship games over the years and for the most part the standard is better than the prem, you would occasionally get an absolute howling game but you get that at every level.

I thought that the majority of the Premier league was around league 1 standard. 

3 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Went to a good few championship games over the years and for the most part the standard is better than the prem, you would occasionally get an absolute howling game but you get that at every level.

I thought that the majority of the Premier league was around league 1 standard. 

I’d agree.
Scot Prem teams consistently bring in players from lower English League 1 and League 2 players.

Its about the same standard.

11 minutes ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

I’d agree.
Scot Prem teams consistently bring in players from lower English League 1 and League 2 players.

Its about the same standard.

I think you're doing the Scottish premiership a huge disservice. Rangers and celtic most seasons are mid/lower end Premiership teams. Hibs, Hearts, Aberdeen, Dundee United, Motherwell comfortable Championship level. The rest lower Championship/League One. So many players from the Scottish Prem have played in the Championship or go on to play in the Championship

7 hours ago, edinabear said:

I think you're doing the Scottish premiership a huge disservice. Rangers and celtic most seasons are mid/lower end Premiership teams. Hibs, Hearts, Aberdeen, Dundee United, Motherwell comfortable Championship level. The rest lower Championship/League One. So many players from the Scottish Prem have played in the Championship or go on to play in the Championship

Yep, the better players from most sides are good championship players (McKenna, McCann etc etc) however the majority of premiership squads are of league 1 level. 

Rangers and Celtic probably would have a good chance to finish 1 and 2 in the Championship, however they would need more depth due to Extra games - their first choice 11’s both slightly better than Fulham imo.

Hearts could probably put a fight up to avoid relegation but just about but every other team would most likely be relegated from the championship.

I remember the season Gordon Strachan hoovered up a shitload of good Scottish Premiership players from the OF and Boro were almost relegated as a result.

Absolutely no danger the OF are Premiership standard. If they moved there and got the money then aye, clubs their size would almost undoubtedly make it to the top flight but with what they have the now they wouldn't survive IMO.

I'd love them to go down there just to see how long the gloryhunters hung around after they went season after season after season winning absolutely f**k all.

I remember the season Gordon Strachan hoovered up a shitload of good Scottish Premiership players from the OF and Boro were almost relegated as a result.

Absolutely no danger the OF are Premiership standard. If they moved there and got the money then aye, clubs their size would almost undoubtedly make it to the top flight but with what they have the now they wouldn't survive IMO.

I'd love them to go down there just to see how long the gloryhunters hung around after they went season after season after season winning absolutely f**k all.

They get to the knockout stages of European competitions most years, but aye they couldn't compete with Burnley or Brentford right enough.

The part about Middlesbrough almost getting relegated is a lie. Strachan took over in October 2009 and they finished the 2009/10 season in the top half of the league. He then resigned 11 games into the following season, clearly nowhere near long enough to "almost relegate" them - indeed they finished that season in the top half again.

2 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

For every Strachan's Middlesbrough, you have Daryl Murphy, Pukki, Barton, and boys like Jackson Irvine, who were fairly anonymous, unremarkable players up here who went and established themselves as solid Championship players pretty much immediately in England. 

My view of Celtic's squad is probably a bit skewed, so i'll use Rangers as an example. They've brushed aside Porto, Braga and Feyenoord in the last year or so off the top of my head. They'd batter most teams in the Championship. Ryan Christie - who was widely ridiculed for his performances in the Premiership last season starts every week for a team second in the Championship. Matt Phillips still starts every week for a team a couple of points off the top of the Championship, Steve Clarke would be slaughtered if he ever let him near a Scotland squad again. Dykes went straight from Livi to consistently starting upfront for a team around the play offs. 

Teams around the bottom half of the Premierleague are filled with absolute shite too, no player proves that more than that centre half we had on loan last year *shudders*.

Edited by Fratelli