Billy Gilmour

Kuro

On 21/11/2021 at 00:18, 19QOS19 said:

No analysis of the game on MoTD. Just a piece on the wee guy and how he someone wasn't used before Smith came in. Delicious.

Farke and 3825948 tonight.

2edee1fe7358434912465120806de830.gif

On 21/11/2021 at 08:52, 19QOS19 said:

The hype train has never needed a shot in the arm. Any time he plays he's a solid 7/10. What needs a shot in the arm is the "aye but he has faults" train that you're clinging on to. The best you can manage is shitty 2/3 second clips that you do your very best to find.

Now that he looks like he'll be getting regular game time under a manager with half a brain, that should fully derail your handcar.

If it couldn't use a shot in the arm then, It definitely is in need of one now since Billy has had an unbroken run in the Norwich team under Deano. It's gone from 2/3 second clips to 90 minute performances where he has been mince. 8)

If it couldn't use a shot in the arm then, It definitely is in need of one now since Billy has had an unbroken run in the Norwich team under Deano. It's gone from 2/3 second clips to 90 minute performances where he has been mince. 8)
Ratio

12 hours ago, craigkillie said:

They get to the knockout stages of European competitions most years, but aye they couldn't compete with Burnley or Brentford right enough.

The part about Middlesbrough almost getting relegated is a lie. Strachan took over in October 2009 and they finished the 2009/10 season in the top half of the league. He then resigned 11 games into the following season, clearly nowhere near long enough to "almost relegate" them - indeed they finished that season in the top half again.

I'd fancy Brentford against the old firm, last season Brentford beat Celtic to one of there top targets (Toney) while this year they went and signed one of Celtics better players. 

No starter for Brentford is moving to Celtic. 

11 hours ago, Fratelli said:

For every Strachan's Middlesbrough, you have Daryl Murphy, Pukki, Barton, and boys like Jackson Irvine, who were fairly anonymous, unremarkable players up here who went and established themselves as solid Championship players pretty much immediately in England. 

My view of Celtic's squad is probably a bit skewed, so i'll use Rangers as an example. They've brushed aside Porto, Braga and Feyenoord in the last year or so off the top of my head. They'd batter most teams in the Championship. Ryan Christie - who was widely ridiculed for his performances in the Premiership last season starts every week for a team second in the Championship. Matt Phillips still starts every week for a team a couple of points off the top of the Championship, Steve Clarke would be slaughtered if he ever let him near a Scotland squad again. Dykes went straight from Livi to consistently starting upfront for a team around the play offs. 

Teams around the bottom half of the Premierleague are filled with absolute shite too, no player proves that more than that centre half we had on loan last year *shudders*.

You're comparisons of players is where that starts to fall apart though, Dykes hasn't done well in the Championship. We pick him based on his performances for Scotland, not on his performances in the Championship. 

23 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

I'd fancy Brentford against the old firm, last season Brentford beat Celtic to one of there top targets (Toney) while this year they went and signed one of Celtics better players. 

You're comparisons of players is where that starts to fall apart though, Dykes hasn't done well in the Championship. We pick him based on his performances for Scotland, not on his performances in the Championship. 

There is an ongoing delusion that these bottom half Premier League clubs are miles better than they actually are. I know you are biased here given that you support them, but would Brentford be able to achieve what Rangers did in Europe this season, for example? Even a much better team in Leicester couldn't get through their Europa League group, and this is a fairly consistent pattern for English clubs outside of the top six or seven.

I'm also not sure where you're getting that Dykes isn't doing well at QPR - the last time I checked he was one of their more popular players and was doing well this season prior to his injury.

36 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

That’s a bit disingenuous, it wasn’t that Toney chose Brentford over Celtic, it was that we refused to cough up the cash to Peterborough 

Because they got promoted, we can’t compete with the sort of cash they have in the EPL

No chance Ajer would be going to them if they remained an EFL club.

1 minute ago, craigkillie said:

There is an ongoing delusion that these bottom half Premier League clubs are miles better than they actually are. I know you are biased here given that you support them, but would Brentford be able to achieve what Rangers did in Europe this season, for example? Even a much better team in Leicester couldn't get through their Europa League group, and this is a fairly consistent pattern for English clubs outside of the top six or seven.

I'm also not sure where you're getting that Dykes isn't doing well at QPR - the last time I checked he was one of their more popular players and was doing well this season prior to his injury.

If you were to parachute Brentfords current team into the Scottish Premier league? Yes. 

Leicester and Rangers have a different priority scale, and with the disparity in resources in Scotland, and gap that comes from it Rangers are quite simply able to throw allot more of there effort at European competitions, for Leicester they're far more invested in trying to break into the top four where the financial rewards are better. 

Trying to compare how teams do in the 2nd and 3rd rate European competitions doesn't work because some teams will take it more seriously than others, Tottenham are a far better side than Celtic and Rangers but didn't progress in the conference league, West Ham haven't had as much European football so took it more seriously than Leicester and Tottenham and progressed. 

Being popular and being good are two quite seperate entity's, Dykes wasn't very good last year. 

1 hour ago, eez-eh said:

Even the festive period doesn’t merit a break from actively enjoying seeing Scotland’s top prospect not having a good time of it just so you can “own” some guys on Pie and Bovril.

What a poster; what a life.

This thread is an absolute goldmine as far as winding up people goes. Many posters on here have set their flag down on a 20 y/o kid with initially limited first team experience becoming a world superstar. 😊 Your reply just goes to show there is more juice to get out of it. I'd say more the fool you for being moved to reply - too eez-eh mate.

4 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

This thread is an absolute goldmine as far as winding up people goes. Many posters on here have set their flag down on a 20 y/o kid with initially limited first team experience becoming a world superstar. 😊 Your reply just goes to show there is more juice to get out of it. I'd say more the fool you for being moved to reply - too eez-eh mate.

On 11/12/2021 at 17:04, Stellaboz said:

Admittedly I'm drunk so I'm going to pick my words carefully here. f**k off you fucking nonce. 

1 minute ago, Clown Job said:

Couldn’t cut it up here, looks like he needs to take a step down to the English Championship 

It's not that mate, Stephen Glass is a clown and needs to start playing him and building the team around him. Also he isn't used to playing with such poor players as they have at Aberdeen so no wonder it's not working out. 

1 minute ago, 2426255 said:

Stop being a baby, if you can give it out then I don't care if you can't take it.

This makes absolutely no fucking sense.

Still, you can chalk that up on your bedroom wall as another couple of replies while you continue replying to absolutely everything.

3 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

Aye, not used to playing with such poor players so he was forced to try and blend in by playing much, much worse than any of them.

So it's a valid excuse for Billy Gilmour, but not for Longstaff? Newcastle fans have said that Aberdeen are a bit of a gang and he shouldn't have been sent there if they don't know how to use him.

Edited by 2426255

47 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

If you were to parachute Brentfords current team into the Scottish Premier league? Yes. 

Leicester and Rangers have a different priority scale, and with the disparity in resources in Scotland, and gap that comes from it Rangers are quite simply able to throw allot more of there effort at European competitions, for Leicester they're far more invested in trying to break into the top four where the financial rewards are better. 

Trying to compare how teams do in the 2nd and 3rd rate European competitions doesn't work because some teams will take it more seriously than others, Tottenham are a far better side than Celtic and Rangers but didn't progress in the conference league, West Ham haven't had as much European football so took it more seriously than Leicester and Tottenham and progressed. 

Being popular and being good are two quite seperate entity's, Dykes wasn't very good last year. 

Dykes had a slow start to life at QPR in terms of goals, but has largely been excellent for them since the second half of last season. He has a one in two goal return this season. 

Caring about doing well in the league isn't unique to English clubs, I'm pretty sure Rangers and Celtic are both keen to win the league too.

The facts are that mid-ranking English clubs struggle in Europe and consistently struggle to beat Scottish clubs in Europe when they face them. In the last 5 European meetings between English and Scottish clubs, how many wins in 90 minutes do the English clubs have? I'll give you a clue, it's less than 1.

8 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

I think this is the first I’ve posted on this thread in several weeks.

I’m sure you’ll be able to check and let me know.

Maybe when you start putting together decent points other than the whole don't be mean cause it's xmas routine I'll begin to take you seriously and care what you have posted weeks ago. Until then, you're dismissed.

Meme Creator - Funny Go home! You're dismissed Meme Generator at  MemeCreator.org!

Edited by 2426255