Billy Gilmour

Kuro

I think Gilmour will struggle to get back in the side now. Lampard will strengthen in the summer and Loftus-Cheek has jumped the queue as well now. 

He'd be better off going on loan than wasting a couple of years getting nowhere at Chelsea. 

Poor first half for him. Gave it away every time he got the ball pretty much. Wouldn't be surprised to see him pulled at half time. Lockdown couldn't have come at a worse time for him, with him getting into the team and hitting such good form.

Poor first half for him. Gave it away every time he got the ball pretty much. Wouldn't be surprised to see him pulled at half time. Lockdown couldn't have come at a worse time for him, with him getting into the team and hitting such good form.
He gave it away a few times but it wasn't even remotely close to "every time he got the ball" tbh.

34 minutes ago, paul-r-cfc said:

Both the games he excelled in, he was used as a deep-lying playmaker.

Today Kante was there so Gilmour was playing as an 8 which you can see isn’t his game.

Gilmour-McTominay-McGinn is Scotland’s future.

17 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Just about cost Chelsea a goal in his first five minutes on the park tonight. Tried to trap it rather than just flicking it forward. I rate the lad but there's still times he's playing kids' football.

Aye he's still a kid tbf. Without checking he must have been the youngest player on the park tonight at any stage. He's destined right for the top.

On 27/06/2020 at 22:16, Ro Sham Bo said:

I think Gilmour will struggle to get back in the side now. Lampard will strengthen in the summer and Loftus-Cheek has jumped the queue as well now. 

He'd be better off going on loan than wasting a couple of years getting nowhere at Chelsea. 

Not sure why this was voted down so much. I think a loan next year would do him the world of good. 

Playing week in and out for chelsea would be preferable. But as excellent as he is Im not sure it's going to happen. A loan to another premier league team would be ideal.

Hes just turned 19, hes old enough to be getting some regular football.

Not sure why this was voted down so much. I think a loan next year would do him the world of good. 
Playing week in and out for chelsea would be preferable. But as excellent as he is Im not sure it's going to happen. A loan to another premier league team would be ideal.
Hes just turned 19, hes old enough to be getting some regular football.

Being in the first team squad, making starts or coming off the bench most weeks is the exact opposite of 'getting nowhere'.

27 minutes ago, Gordopolis said:

Being in the first team squad, making starts or coming off the bench most weeks is the exact opposite of 'getting nowhere'.

Nightshift as well?

It wasnt me that said "getting nowhere"

Yeah the game time hes getting at Chelsea already is a good start. But it's not as good experience as say going on loan to Morton and guiding us out the championship.

Let's be clear tho, I think the boy looks brilliant. A young modric.

Nightshift as well?

It wasnt me that said "getting nowhere"

Yeah the game time hes getting at Chelsea already is a good start. But it's not as good experience as say going on loan to Morton and guiding us out the championship.

Let's be clear tho, I think the boy looks brilliant. A young modric.

Drinking beer at 2am and wondering what the f*ck has happened to 2020. [emoji53]

Yeah I was commenting on the post you seemed to be supporting. He's hardly languishing in the Feruz XI. Lampard rates him and plays him most weeks (since the turn of the year, anyway). Going out on loan would be regressive at this stage I reckon. It feels like he's at the same stage as Robertson when he was at Hull and people were lamenting his decision to go to Liverpool instead of a 'safer move' to Burnley.

32 minutes ago, Gordopolis said:

Drinking beer at 2am and wondering what the f*ck has happened to 2020. emoji53.png

Yeah I was commenting on the post you seemed to be supporting. He's hardly languishing in the Feruz XI. Lampard rates him and plays him most weeks (since the turn of the year, anyway). Going out on loan would be regressive at this stage I reckon. It feels like he's at the same stage as Robertson when he was at Hull and people were lamenting his decision to go to Liverpool instead of a 'safer move' to Burnley.

Robertson was a fair bit older tho. With plenty of championship and premiership experience by that point.

So it's not really comparable as a youngster trying to break thru into a top team.

Im here till 6:30 with very little work load left, so crack another beer🤣

Edited by BingMcCrosby

5 hours ago, Gordopolis said:

Drinking beer at 2am and wondering what the f*ck has happened to 2020. emoji53.png

its worth remembering that Robertson disappeared for quite a while after moving to Liverpool and making one or two early appearances. a few folks were already saying the move was a mistake if I recall - I was probably one of them if I was on here at the time......

3 hours ago, KingRocketman II said:

its worth remembering that Robertson disappeared for quite a while after moving to Liverpool and making one or two early appearances. a few folks were already saying the move was a mistake if I recall - I was probably one of them if I was on here at the time......

You mean he only played a few times in the first 2-3 months, after moving to one of the biggest clubs in the world. Hardly disappearing, then he got his chance around October in his first season and has been first choice ever since.

28 minutes ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

You mean he only played a few times in the first 2-3 months, after moving to one of the biggest clubs in the world. Hardly disappearing, then he got his chance around October in his first season and has been first choice ever since.

he was understudy to Moreno and didn't start to get a run of games until December (after signing in July). So, what I said stands up - and in any case I am using it as a positive example for Gilmour.