The official Boris pm cluster-fuck thread

pandarilla

2 hours ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Scottish Court of Session now saying they have had confirmation from Number 10 that Boris will comply with the instruction to request an extension to Article 50 by October 17th if no agreement has been reached with the EU.

Not quite what he's been saying recently and repeatedly.

He's lying. Again.

1 hour ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:
2 hours ago, Baxter Parp said:
Subject to HoC and the courts.

Don't think the HoC or courts can tell the EU to do anything.

Absolutely but if the UK asks for an extension, it will get one. No deal is subject to the HoC and the courts.

Stewart is another old-Etonian whose main qualification for the job seemed to be his privileged background

I think being governor of an Iraqi province is more of a qualification than going to Eton to be fair. Read his excellent book "The Places In Between" about his solo walk across Afghanistan and you'll realise there's much more to the guy than your average toff.

12 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

I think being governor of an Iraqi province is more of a qualification than going to Eton to be fair. Read his excellent book "The Places In Between" about his solo walk across  Afghanistan and you'll realise there's much more to the guy than your average toff.

•  

He seems not to much of a c**t for a Tory but his crap about the borders country pre referendum, his middle eastern adventures (spying missions) and his promotion of pro govt/state  internet intrusion makes him OFTW.

Edited by dirty dingus

1 hour ago, DiegoDiego said:

I think being governor of an Iraqi province is more of a qualification than going to Eton to be fair. Read his excellent book "The Places In Between" about his solo walk across Afghanistan and you'll realise there's much more to the guy than your average toff.

Given events in that country, at the time and subsequently, it's not something I'd want on my CV even he now agrees the invasion was a mistake.

His choice to criticize BJ on his schooldays shows it's all a big game to him - I'd  say he's pretty much an "average toff".

Edited by btb

Given events in that country, at the time and subsequently, it's not something I'd want on my CV even he now agrees the invasion was a mistake.
His choice to criticize BJ on his schooldays shows it's all a big game to him - I'd  say he's pretty much an "average toff".
Like I said earlier, would an average toff walk across the afghan mountains alone in winter? Probably not. c**t or not, he is different from the rest of them.

Michael Portillo was a dreadful MP and I am not that keen on the Andrew Neil show but when Portillo does that show about train journeys in Canada, well, I guess I don't really mind. Maybe Rory Stewart should do a travelogue show about bus journeys in Afghanistan or Tajikistan or somewhere like that.  Maybe they should all do a show. Boris goes to Borneo. Who knows.

10 hours ago, Fullerene said:

Michael Portillo was a dreadful MP and I am not that keen on the Andrew Neil show but when Portillo does that show about train journeys in Canada, well, I guess I don't really mind. Maybe Rory Stewart should do a travelogue show about bus journeys in Afghanistan or Tajikistan or somewhere like that.  Maybe they should all do a show. Boris goes to Borneo. Who knows.

Maybe they should all get together and do a show about clearing land mines.

12 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:
On 05/10/2019 at 09:30, btb said:

Like I said earlier, would an average toff walk across the afghan mountains alone in winter? Probably not. c**t or not, he is different from the rest of them.

9 years of supporting every austerity measure the Tory/Lib Dem (2010-2015) and Tory (2015-present) governments proposed make me think otherwise.

30 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Stewart has exactly the same Eton/Oxbridge entitlement gene as Johnson.

It’s why he thinks he should be Mayor of a city that he only has a nodding acquaintance with.

And why he thinks he should be tramping about Afghanistan and wherever else. Where are The Taliban when you really need them?

11 hours ago, Fullerene said:

The could do a travelogue about sailing an open top sub in the North Sea.  1 episode only.

So neither Johnson nor Arcuri are willing to deny that they had a sexual relationship?

Johnson obviously believes that the nature of their relationship is not pertinent to him using his influence as Mayor.

Thankfully the GLA’s powers will mean he will not be able to hide from scrutiny on this matter.