The official Boris pm cluster-fuck thread

pandarilla

7 minutes ago, Cerberus said:

He's getting Brexit done.

IMG_2872.JPG

So he’s going to offer some alternatives to the backstop whilst guaranteeing the £39 billion and “securing EU citizens rights”

Their line is now that the EU can only negotiate with the UK government so if their proposal is rejected we are leaving with No Deal.

Could be an interesting few days ahead.

10 hours ago, Cerberus said:

He's getting Brexit done.

IMG_2872.JPG

He doesn't have to get it done. He simply has to keep claiming it. By the same token I am going on a world cruise. It is finally going to happen. First step involves winning the lottery but after that I am on my way.

He doesn't have to get it done. He simply has to keep claiming it. By the same token I am going on a world cruise. It is finally going to happen. First step involves winning the lottery but after that I am on my way.
Er, unless someone is giving you a world cruise for Halloween.

His deal could be shit but he's going to offer it as the best option - or else we just take the plunge.

de pfeffelllll spouting on about upgrading and renewing the bus services all over his "one country" as part of his masterplan.  I'd put a fair wee wager from looking round the hall and the meenesters at the front that NONE of them have actually used the public bus services - some or most of them never in their privileged, class-driven lives.  Bassas.

well that was a pile of sh!t.  It was like Tory bingo.

Buses for everyone, NHS, get brexit done, new deal or no deal, send Corbyn into space, some road improvements that he can't remember, mini fusion reactors, car batteries, drug gangs, great education, tax cuts, monorails connecting the west midlands. Communist Corbyn and have a pop at the London mayor.

Absolutely nothing of substance there at all.

monorail.jpeg

Edited by dee_62

12 minutes ago, dee_62 said:

Buses for everyone, NHS, get brexit done, new deal or no deal, send Corbyn into space, some road improvements that he can't remember, mini fusion reactors, car batteries, drug gangs, great education, tax cuts, monorails connecting the west midlands. Communist Corbyn and have a pop at the London mayor.

monorail.jpeg

You forgot about extending and enhancing  broadband

Oh, and what happened to "Our final offer - Take it or leave it"...?

40 minutes ago, dee_62 said:

monorail.jpeg

and, of course, how could i forget Jason Donovan CD exports to North Korea, enthusiasm, belief and optimism.

Can't believe the BBC 1 o'clock news headline, delivered with all the characteristic drama we've come to expect from them.

Boris Johnson has told the Conservative Party Conference in Manchester that the UK will leave the EU on October 31st, come what may.

Wow! An earth shattering statement there. His audience in raptures as if they hadn't heard anything quite like this before.

Politics fucking stinks.

4 hours ago, pandarilla said:

Er, unless someone is giving you a world cruise for Halloween.

His deal could be shit but he's going to offer it as the best option - or else we just take the plunge.

He is hoping that the scary 'no-deal' scenario makes MPs vote for whatever he comes up with. 

I realise I am not the first to suggest this. I hope parliament holds firm and tells him to stuff it. He won't be able to go through with no-deal.

47 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Can't believe the BBC 1 o'clock news headline, delivered with all the characteristic drama we've come to expect from them.

Wow! An earth shattering statement there. His audience in raptures as if they hadn't heard anything quite like this before.

Politics fucking stinks.

You'll need to go on a research mission tonight in the local pub in Brextville and see what the locals are saying?

22 minutes ago, Kejan said:

You'll need to go on a research mission tonight in the local pub in Brextville and see what the locals are saying?

Good idea!

Although tbh, I already know exactly what they'll be saying.

James O'Brien made a good point this morning on his radio show, suggesting that Leave voters are largely influenced by faith - you simply must believe in it, and it will all come good in the end. They can't give you any better reasons to leave, other than of course, the country will be a better place with fewer immigrants.

Remain voters are more concerned with actual facts and figures and can generally see the sense in free movement/immigration.

Edited by ICTJohnboy