The official Boris pm cluster-fuck thread

pandarilla

Assuming an election is agreed in the next few days it will be interesting to see the Tory manifesto position on Brexit.

I think the other parties already have their Brexit policies and these won’t change but the Tory one will be interesting.

Too soft and they will invite a challenge from Farage; too hard and they will risk losing votes to the Lib Dems.

The ‘obvious’ position is to back the deal that Johnson has already made but that’s not particularly popular according to polls.  Will they try to fudge it and risk the worst of losing out on both ends?

Interesting days ahead.

On 29/10/2019 at 11:18, Granny Danger said:

The ‘obvious’ position is to back the deal that Johnson has already made but that’s not particularly popular according to polls.  Will they try to fudge it and risk the worst of losing out on both ends?

I think they will promote themselves as the only party able to deliver Brexit, expecting to hoover up their usual vote plus those who are not traditional right of centre but who believe Brexit is good for the UK. They will be hoping that the remain vote is split between Labour and the Libs in England, while writing off Scotland as bonus points if anything comes in from those seats.

10 minutes ago, Ross. said:

I think they will promote themselves as the only party able to deliver Brexit, expecting to hoover up their usual vote plus those who are not traditional right of centre but who believe Brexit is good for the UK. They will be hoping that the remain vote is split between Labour and the Libs in England, while writing off Scotland as bonus points if anything comes in from those seats.

I think “able to deliver Brexit” is a sound bite.  How you deliver Brexit in terms of a manifesto commitment has to be detailed.  

If the Tories do not detail it in their manifesto then the other parties should rip them to shreds at every opportunity; if they choose to support Johnson’s ‘deal’ then again it gives the opposition ammunition.

10 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I think “able to deliver Brexit” is a sound bite.  How you deliver Brexit in terms of a manifesto commitment has to be detailed.  

If the Tories do not detail it in their manifesto then the other parties should rip them to shreds at every opportunity; if they choose to support Johnson’s ‘deal’ then again it gives the opposition ammunition.

Politics is soundbites nowadays. It's how we have ended up where we are.

18 minutes ago, Ross. said:

Politics is soundbites nowadays. It's how we have ended up where we are.

I don’t disagree with the sentiment, but let me reiterate.  All parties will need to produce written manifestos, the Tory policy on Brexit cannot simply say ‘we will get Brexit done’.  

Whatever option the Tories choose will allow opportunities for the other parties; I hope they are well enough organised and disciplined to exploit those opportunities.

I don’t disagree with the sentiment, but let me reiterate.  All parties will need to produce written manifestos, the Tory policy on Brexit cannot simply say ‘we will get Brexit done’.  
Whatever option the Tories choose will allow opportunities for the other parties; I hope they are well enough organised and disciplined to exploit those opportunities.

Allow me to agree, GD. Even if the Tories were to fall back on their favourite sound bite of "only we can deliver brexit", the obvious retort is "three years, three prime ministers,a disastrous election and a lost majority would suggest otherwise, you stupid, entitled set of cùnts".

45 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:
55 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Allow me to agree, GD. Even if the Tories were to fall back on their favourite sound bite of "only we can deliver brexit", the obvious retort is "three years, three prime ministers,a disastrous election and a lost majority would suggest otherwise, you stupid, entitled set of cùnts".

I agree with you both but I don't think it will matter a great deal. Public perception is everything and the press will present it whatever way they feel like it no matter how well anyone questions things.

Interesting to hear during the Grenfell Tower Debate, Joanna Cherry highlighting Johnson's cuts to the London Fire Service during his tenure as London Mayor. She also mentioned a meeting he had with a Labour official at that time querying  these cuts, in which he advised that person to "Go And Get Stuffed".  Cherry also pointed out that fire safety precautions  such as choice of materials used for cladding are much more stringent north of the border.

Well done Boris.... You've got your electoral campaign off to a flying start.

Edited by ICTJohnboy

2 hours ago, ICTJohnboy said:
Interesting to hear during the Grenfell Tower Debate, Joanna Cherry highlighting Johnson's cuts to the London Fire Service during his tenure as London Mayor. She also mentioned a meeting he had with a Labour official at that time querying  these cuts, in which he advised that person to "Go And Get Stuffed".  Cherry also pointed out that fire safety precautions  such as choice of materials used for cladding are much more stringent north of the border.
Well done Boris.... You've got your electoral campaign off to a flying start.

The "get stuffed" comment is actually out there on video, and looks even worse than it sounds. The dolt just radiates a "why did I have to bother with these commoners" arrogance. As soon as I find it, I'll be pushing it out there, sharing it, whatever - and if the cùnt DOES end up standing in my constituency, it'll be getting shown on every doorstep in West Wolds.

ETA: found it. 

ETAA: Sophia beat me to it. 

A nice example of Tory figure-massaging in the same way as the employment numbers look so lovely, btw: Johnson is quite correct that he managed to cut fire deaths - by the simple expedient of moving the goalposts so that if you made it to hospital before pegging out, your demise was not fire-related. 

Edited by WhiteRoseKillie

Boris Johnson is suspected of blocking a report on Russian interference in UK elections because of 'embarrassing' revelations about Kremlin links to Conservative donors

https://www.businessinsider.com/boris-johnson-blocked-russian-interference-report-kremlin-link-conservative-donors-2019-11?utm_source=reddit.com&r=US&IR=T

Well, duh.