Alloa Athletic vs Partick Thistle

Penrice looked absolutely lost in midfield. That said, he wasn’t any good at left back either so perhaps just an off day rather than not being able to play the position.

Only players I’d give pass marks to were Cardle and Robson. The rest were a bit pish. Having said that, we were actually unlucky not to win in the end with Parry making some great saves.

Alex Jones looks like he’ll be an absolute diddy.

Abysmal performance. Wrong formation and took 60 minutes to rectify it. No dig, no fight, no punch. Spaces all over the place and the central defence was awful. Willing to cut him some slack given his injury last season but Tam O’Ware was awful and at the moment looks a shadow of the player he was. Pass marks to Sneddon, Williamson (2nd half) Miller and Cardle. Banzo tried hard but a lot didnt come off. The rest were awful. Given the space Alloa had I couldnt believe Caldwell didnt bring Palmer on. If the defence plays like that on Friday, Shankland will have a field day. As Caldwell says on Jagzone, only plus point is that we are still undefeated this season. That will end on Friday about 9.00pm if we perform like that. 

4 hours ago, whereismillar said:

Stevie one on one with the keep , I thought we had done it ..damn never mind still a good enough display ..all hail the Big Pitch ..

Alloa played really well on our big pitch twice last season. Couldnt understand why you brought your own pitch in last season. Alloa played well today, especially the goalie and we were lucky to be going back with a point!!

Thought that was an unacceptable performance today bar the 15 minutes after the second half. Other than that, we were outplayed, outfought and generally looked clueless. If Alloa made better use of the numerous unchallenged runs they had down our wings, we would have been comfortably beaten - some of the time and space they were allowed on the ball was shambolic.

Had enough of Bannigan being excused for pish play because he’s “trying hard”. Along with the other CMs today, he was a major part of us getting totally overrun. He and Penrice gave the ball away continuously, and Gordon may as well have not bothered turning up at the ground, the complete passenger that he was. Lewis Mansell is never a lone striker either, and just simply can’t play that role.

Lots of work needed in multiple areas of the team. I get that Caldwell seems to have been hampered this week by signings being blocked amidst the takeover, but tactically and formation-wise we were all over the shop again today. Not good enough.

Gutted we didn't win that game but the positives we must take from our first half must take us into the next game on a high

Thistle are a poor side and IMO won't be in the top four playing like that .

Thought the wider park suited us only time will tell

Jeezo. Is it pished o'clock already? I'm off to bed.

11 hours ago, Sting777 said:

Abysmal performance. Wrong formation and took 60 minutes to rectify it. No dig, no fight, no punch. Spaces all over the place and the central defence was awful. Willing to cut him some slack given his injury last season but Tam O’Ware was awful and at the moment looks a shadow of the player he was. Pass marks to Sneddon, Williamson (2nd half) Miller and Cardle. Banzo tried hard but a lot didnt come off. The rest were awful. Given the space Alloa had I couldnt believe Caldwell didnt bring Palmer on. If the defence plays like that on Friday, Shankland will have a field day. As Caldwell says on Jagzone, only plus point is that we are still undefeated this season. That will end on Friday about 9.00pm if we perform like that. 

I think you played well to get an away draw from the MIGHTY WASPS  some other teams will be less fortunate  .  😜