Hibs vs St Mirren

Guest Moomintroll
Looks like a handball from the highlights but not a great angle. Pretty sure the new rule regarding handball means even if it's accidental if it leads to a goal it's disallowed.
Correct, that is the law, do not even start me on the clusterfuck that is the IFAB directive towards a defender handling the ball.

1 hour ago, FTOF said:

Certainly wasn't offside, but Kamberi clearly controls the ball with his arm before putting it into the net.

Not that it really matters.

Can't tell on the handball tbh. 

You can see the lino is looking at the ball when it is crossed then just guesses the offside call. Not uncommon- hard sometimes to look at two places at once! 

1 hour ago, Aim Here said:

Here's another angle, again, not a great one, but still looks like it hits his body rather than his hand.

No question it hit his body, you could even see that from the Sportscene highlights yesterday. 

The linesman gave it for offside.

Just another in a long line of shite decisions by shite officials.

I look forward to a few more honest mistakes when we play the Queens 11 next Sunday..................

1 hour ago, Snifter Pee Rot said:

Flo was robbed by a clueless arsehole is the bottom line. Where is the accountability for these jokers?

Refs are a law into themselves managers and players have to be careful with their words in fear of punishment from the governing body the SFA.  If the game had finished a draw I would have been raging if I was a Hibs fan.  The lineman is standing at the corner flag makes you wonder do they understand the rules.  At ibrox last season the **** got 4 penalties 3 were proved to be not penalties. Against Dundee United  play off's McAllister scored a goal proved to be on-side the ref gave offside. That decision could have sent St Mirren into the championship.  God you could go on and on nothing is ever done. 

8 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

Refs are a law into themselves managers and players have to be careful with their words in fear of punishment from the governing body the SFA.  If the game had finished a draw I would have been raging if I was a Hibs fan.  The lineman is standing at the corner flag makes you wonder do they understand the rules.  At ibrox last season the **** got 4 penalties 3 were proved to be not penalties. Against Dundee United  play off's McAllister scored a goal proved to be on-side the ref gave offside. That decision could have sent St Mirren into the championship.  God you could go on and on nothing is ever done. 

Are they incompetent or bent is the age old question. I bet most fans would be happier with bringing in Euro officials for the Prem games, let these sfa hacks officiate the lower leagues where they belong.  

2 hours ago, Dindeleux said:

Watched the highlights on BBC last night and it looks as if Scott Allan is up for another season of #ballin in a Hibs shirt.

Unless he gets injured or something, I think he is going to be at the height of his baller abilities this year. Still has shroo balls for days but looks quicker, fitter and more hard working. 

I thought he was having a bit of an off day on Saturday and then you see the highlights and he’s nearly scored by lobbing the keeper, sent an entire defence out for hot dogs for the Kamberi/Doidge sitters, generally started every attack and scored the winner. Some boy.

If he does get injured, we are fucked.

41 minutes ago, Snifter Pee Rot said:

Are they incompetent or bent is the age old question. I bet most fans would be happier with bringing in Euro officials for the Prem games, let these sfa hacks officiate the lower leagues where they belong.  

Incompetent in games between our clubs I'd say. If either of our clubs are at Ibrox or Parkhead,  I'd say possibly incompetent and bent.

Reckon I’ve watched about 8 -10 Scottish games since the summer and have definitely seen 20+ examples of linesmen standing around like gormless c***s waiting for the ref to make a decision on who kicked the ball out 5 yards from the line.

I’m sure there is bias at play sometimes but a tragic level of incompetence is on display constantly.

Edited by Alan Stubbs

9 hours ago, Green Day said:

No question it hit his body, you could even see that from the Sportscene highlights yesterday. 

I look forward to a few more honest mistakes when we play the Queens 11 next Sunday..................

Absolutely. He signals for an offside at the centre of the park, not for a foul. You can clearly see that in the video. 

9 hours ago, Green Day said:

You'll be hard pushed to beat the four penalties given against us of which only one was legit.

3 hours ago, Insaintee said:

Hibs fans greeting even after taking three points. 🤣

When is the best time to complain about the officiating, exactly? If we lose, then you'd just accuse us of whining about the ref instead of about the state of the team.

Right now, we're getting terrible, potentially game-changing decisions both ways this season so far - two goals denied for offside, and a bizarre what-the-f**k-was-that-for penalty decision in our favour against Arbroath. It's only through happenstance that the rank refereeing isn't actually changing the results.

That’s up there with one of the worst I’ve seen. The first phase the Hibs player wins the header and clearly comes from at least a couple of yards behind the St. Mirren player. If he was flagging for Kamberi then the linesman should never run a line again as he is about 6 feet behind both the ball and the player. 

Only one that I can think runs it close was Craig Thompson and his officials doing a Dortmund game in the Champions League, when a player was flagged offside while 2 opposition players were standing on the goal line. 

6 hours ago, IrishBhoy said:

That’s up there with one of the worst I’ve seen. The first phase the Hibs player wins the header and clearly comes from at least a couple of yards behind the St. Mirren player.

He just wasn't looking along the line, and our RB was so static - he just doesn't move - that the Hibs player gains loads of ground in the space of a couple strides. It's an inexcusable error.

8 hours ago, Aim Here said:

When is the best time to complain about the officiating, exactly? If we lose, then you'd just accuse us of whining about the ref instead of about the state of the team.

This. I reserve the right to complain about John Beaton's performance in our playoff final until my dying day, even though we eventually came out on top. Winning the game just adds credence to the complaints, IMO.

I’m getting my complaints about Willie Collum in now, before St Mirren have played a game with him in charge. He won’t be bent, corrupt, or anything, even if it is a game against Victim FC or the Disabled Tramplers. He’ll simply be inept, for both teams. He’ll have fans of both teams tearing their hair out as he single-handedly turns the match into the Willie Collum Show. Yellow cards for hee-haw will be brandished with a flourish above his napper for no discernible reason. Serious fouls will go unpunished. He will lose control after twenty five minutes and the TV cameras will show as much of him, as of any player. He will run at speed to break up a minor incident by admonishing both players with his hands sweeping from side-to-side in his ‘No! No! No more of that!’ motion. Finally, both sets of fans will start singing in unison ‘Collum, Collum, get tae’ fcuk’. From a St Mirren perspective, after pulling us up and awarding free-kicks against us for diddly-squat, unfathomably, he will award us a free kick on the edge of the oppo’ box for absolutely nothing. St Mirren fans will, in unison, laugh, and say to each other ‘Christ, I wouldn’t even have given us a free kick for that’.

Bookmark this. It will happen. It always does - he’s pish.

Edited by pozbaird

1 hour ago, Coventry Saint said:

This. I reserve the right to complain about John Beaton's performance in our playoff final until my dying day, even though we eventually came out on top. Winning the game just adds credence to the complaints, IMO.

I just about forgot about that performance and Madden in the other game. Dundee United must have splashed the cash on the SFA for those homers.