Kilmarnock vs Hello Sevco/Bye Bye Rangers

59 minutes ago, thisal said:

They weren't bottle necked into a small space. There is a huge area outside the turnstiles.

rugby park.jpg

Ah, cheers. I only seen a (very cleverly angled) video. That clears things up a bit. 

53 minutes ago, Estragon said:

Too many Juventus tops probably. 

Still, you're absolutely not bothered about it. 

52 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:
1 hour ago, Dele said:
I'm sorry, were all those folk trying to use fake tickets? 
If not - how can Killie be blameless when there is that many people bottlenecked itlnto such a small space? 

Dele, we get it, you hate Killie. You also hate Rab B and Liverpool so you know what happens when people turn up without tickets, or with counterfeit tickets, and try to force their way into a football stadium.

I don't hate Killie, I've no idea why you'd say such a thing. I've only been to Killie once, about ten year ago absolutely smashed. 

I was wrong regarding the bottleneck. 

1 hour ago, Dele said:

If not - how can Killie be blameless when there is that many people bottlenecked itlnto such a small space? 

Rangers fans were trying to use tickets by copying the code on genuine ones. Once found out they refused to move back resulting in queues forming behind them.  It is not a small space they were in but they were trying to rush the gate. Killie as I say were in no way to blame and the Police have got good  footage of the incident and no doubt will be making a few arrests in due course. The ticketing system Killie have in place now is state of the art and forgeries or duplicate tickets have no chance of being successful. Rangers fans caused all that happened and other Rangers fans suffered as a consequence.

Guest Moomintroll
I don't hate Killie, I've no idea why you'd say such a thing. I've only been to Killie once, about ten year ago absolutely smashed. 
I was wrong regarding the bottleneck. 
Fairy nuff, thought you had had a few goes at us but maybe you were targeting the individual poster rather than the team they support. There are a few grounds out there that I have been to several times but could not even start to describe due to advanced inebriation so I know that feeling.

2 hours ago, Moomintroll said:
3 hours ago, Dele said:

Also, if you have ever been to Rugby Park you would know there is a wide road which is a big space until people start pushing those in front to try & create an issue.

Have been to RP loads of times and I was trying to picture where any crush or bottleneck could be - even the bit after the turnstiles is really open, so it'll be interesting to see if this "crush" nonsense is allowed to become accepted...

Have been to RP loads of times and I was trying to picture where any crush or bottleneck could be - even the bit after the turnstiles is really open, so it'll be interesting to see if this "crush" nonsense is allowed to become accepted...

It was more of a stampede when a horde rushed through illegally opened gates after stewards were intimidated and pushed out the way.

4 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Absolute tin pot behaviour from both sides of the Old Firm at Killie this year. Invading the pitch and damaged seats due to both of Glasgow’s “finest”. 

Killie haven’t covered themselves in glory either. That ticketing shambles yesterday could have turned very nasty and dangerous. Don’t know why the turnstile operators couldn’t have just ripped the stubs from tickets if the scanners weren’t working. 

It did turn nasty and dangerous - when the fans decided to force their way in to the stadium.  The picture just posted shows there was no danger.  People just needed to be patient and they would get in to the ground.  But naw, we are the people blah blah blah and you get yesterday with a disabled area  - for their own fans! - smashed up for the finale.

I think that, if there's one thing that we can take away from this thread, it's the eternal, doubtless, constant, enduring, ageless, imperishable, perpetual fact that Rangers, their players, fans, and all associated with them are absolute b*****ds of the highest order.

This is how you deal with them. No entry means no entry, Billy. 

QETNIkcz4MUWMMMrLQYKDA144361&key=8261d3f6d22294470adf7395342320e97784836675d6a1b27c5dd0a6a87cae3a

That is a beautiful photie, the expressionless face of the cop whilst executing a lovely left jab, in stark contrast to Billy with his coupon full of Perspex reflected in the shield......[emoji23]it stands comparison with Neil Leifer’s classic shot of Muhammad Ali standing over a prone Sonny Liston.

[emoji3][emoji149][emoji149]

4 hours ago, thisal said:

They weren't bottle necked into a small space. There is a huge area outside the turnstiles.

rugby park.jpg

One tiny still pic, 

3 hours ago, the west curve said:

Rangers fans were trying to use tickets by copying the code on genuine ones. Once found out they refused to move back resulting in queues forming behind them.  It is not a small space they were in but they were trying to rush the gate. Killie as I say were in no way to blame and the Police have got good  footage of the incident and no doubt will be making a few arrests in due course. The ticketing system Killie have in place now is state of the art and forgeries or duplicate tickets have no chance of being successful. Rangers fans caused all that happened and other Rangers fans suffered as a consequence.

It would appear that the cooncil disagrees with you there.

ilmarnock stadium has 'number of safety issues that need addressed urgently'
Officers from East Ayrshire Council visited the football club earlier today where they met with Rugby Park safety officer Bob Pitt.

Council officials have identified a number of safety issues that need addressed 'urgently' following the chaotic scenes at Rugby Park yesterday. 

Officers from East Ayrshire Council visited the football club earlier today where they met with safety officer Bob Pitt

In response to an enquiry from the Daily Record, Stuart McCall, Legal Manager, East Ayrshire Council said: "Together with colleagues from our Building Standards and Planning Service, we visited Rugby Park first thing this morning and met with Kilmarnock Football Club Safety Officer Bob Pitt.

"During the course of the meeting we identified a number of issues which will need to be addressed as a matter of urgency, and we will work with the Club and all relevant partner agencies in the coming days to ensure compliance with the specific terms of the Safety Certificate

Documents obtained by the Daily Record through a Freedom of Information request show East Ayrshire Council officials raised concerns about the safety the roof and gutterings of the disabled shelter last year."

“We will be working with Police Scotland and both clubs to investigate the incidents at the game, including turnstile and ticketing arrangements and will be studying CCTV footage to see what additional actions are required"

1st and last line from the Club 1872 statement on yesterday’s game.

“Club 1872 has received multiple eye witness reports from supporters trapped outside Rugby Park prior to, and following, kickoff in yesterday’s Kilmarnock vs Rangers game...... We will liaise with Rangers on this and on events inside the ground and work with them to ensure that Kilmarnock properly address these safety issues ahead of any future visits to Rugby Park”.

Poor souls, imagine being ‘trapped outside’. [emoji23]

(Blame)Everyone/Anyone.

18 minutes ago, rainbowrising said:

Bennett already running the dodgy roof so Kili are to blame as reason rather than his fan base stamping on a roof that collapsed underneath in their own fans disabled area. 

Not at all, they shouldn't have been on the roof/invading the pitch and should be banned by Rangers. I believe that four people have already been arrested for it.

Going by the Records article it appears that East Ayrshire council have found quite a few serious issues at rugby park and Kilmarnock were warned about them last season.

Rangers fans must take a large portion of blame for yesterday and Killie need to get their act together.

Not at all, they shouldn't have been on the roof/invading the pitch and should be banned by Rangers. I believe that four people have already been arrested for it.
Going by the Records article it appears that East Ayrshire council have found quite a few serious issues at rugby park and Kilmarnock were warned about them last season.
Rangers fans must take all the blame for yesterday

FTFY