McBurnie's socks

Fleck: "Are you going away?"
McBurnie: "I hope not."

He then asks Fleck "so you're leaving me to go on my own?" and you can hear him say "it's shite" at the end.

It could just be banal banter from banterman McBurnie and it is a poor quality clip out of context, but it reflects pretty poorly on him and it's understandable why folk are raging.
Could be completely out of context but he sounds like a fanny.

Who the f**k do you think you are spouting this shite?

As I've always said, I don't really care if they fucking hate playing for us and would rather be on holidays, playing for England or whatever, as long as when they take to the pitch they perform professionally and to the best of their abilities.  From what I've seen, McBurnie hasn't exactly set the world alight for us, but he certainly seems like he cares.

Still, if that is the stuff he's saying, it's incredibly stupid, and isn't going to endear him to your average tonto Tartan Army "Foot Soldier".

1 minute ago, forameus said:

As I've always said, I don't really care if they fucking hate playing for us and would rather be on holidays, playing for England or whatever, as long as when they take to the pitch they perform professionally and to the best of their abilities.  From what I've seen, McBurnie hasn't exactly set the world alight for us, but he certainly seems like he cares.

Still, if that is the stuff he's saying, it's incredibly stupid, and isn't going to endear him to your average tonto Tartan Army "Foot Soldier".

If you think it fine players saying they hope they don't get selected and playing for your country is shite, fair enough

I don't at all. I don't consider myself in any way a tartan army foot soldier either.

How is someone going to perform to the best of their abilities if they don't even want to be there in the first place?

He should be given a chance to explain/apologise. If he doesn't we should get rid

There will be about 10/12 call offs after the weekend and I don't blame them.....the thought of playing 180mins with a game plan of keeping the score respectable and not getting a hammeting wouldn't have me clambering to play either.

Let's face it our squad is utter shite and can see Belgium taking 5 or 6 off us maybe more if they hit top gear

9 minutes ago, kenny131 said:

There will be about 10/12 call offs after the weekend and I don't blame them.....the thought of playing 180mins with a game plan of keeping the score respectable and not getting a hammeting wouldn't have me clambering to play either.

Let's face it our squad is utter shite and can see Belgium taking 5 or 6 off us maybe more if they hit top gear

source.gif

2 hours ago, BingMcCrosby said:

How is someone going to perform to the best of their abilities if they don't even want to be there in the first place? 

I don't particularly want to be in my job every single day, given the choice. However, that won't stop me performing that job to the best of my abilities when I am there, given that's what they pay me for. Hence the professionalism term I used. He could well put in half arsed performances that make it clear he can't be arsed. In that case, get him to f**k. Otherwise, let's not string him up for saying pretty much the same thing a lot of fans say about the national team. 

I don't particularly want to be in my job every single day, given the choice. However, that won't stop me performing that job to the best of my abilities when I am there, given that's what they pay me for. Hence the professionalism term I used. He could well put in half arsed performances that make it clear he can't be arsed. In that case, get him to f**k. Otherwise, let's not string him up for saying pretty much the same thing a lot of fans say about the national team. 
You're very forgiving. Attitude has to be spot on for me.

Look at the top managers. Pep and klopp would have nothing to do with this sort of attitude. And attitudes like that are toxic to a squad.

It's not even like he's undroppable. Who the f**k does he think he is? Aye there's a big price tag but I've just seen a bit of a flat track bully so far (although admittedly I've not seen much of him).

Goalscorer for club side but in a very specific league. The English championship has had a lot of successful Scots that were pish for Scotland.

If there's no clear explanation or mistake in context then I'd be telling him to go.

Aye that's not on at all, as a manager I don't think you can have that in your squad.  I'd tell him not to bother coming and enjoy ten years of relegation battles cause that's all he's got to look forward to. 

Imo that should be the end of his intl career, thousands of people spend money they can't afford following Scotland all over the place, not for players with an attitude like that.

To be the darling of the tartan army is the greatest thing in some players careers, ask James McFadden what he looks back on with the most fondness that's what he would say and that's while achieving nothing. 

You're not going to be 65 and looking back to.that time you scored against Burnley.  I say get him chased tomorrow morning.

Edited by Kuro

32 minutes ago, forameus said:

I don't particularly want to be in my job every single day, given the choice. However, that won't stop me performing that job to the best of my abilities when I am there, given that's what they pay me for. Hence the professionalism term I used.

I don't believe that for one second. Not a personal dig at you by any means. But everyone enjoys a skive at work, not a chance your 100% on the ball all the time your there.

Now say you really loved your job? More chance you would be, of course?

For example, I'm an electrician. Which I enjoy aspects of.

If say I was Jennifer Lawrences in house gigolo. I imagine I would be enjoying my job a hell of alot more.

And in turn would be more committed and give a better performance at work.

Hence, if the guy doesn't want to be selected. He's not going to try his best

1 minute ago, BingMcCrosby said:

I don't believe that for one second. Not a personal dig at you by any means. But everyone enjoys a skive at work, not a chance your 100% on the ball all the time your there.

Now say you really loved your job? More chance you would be, of course?

For example, I'm an electrician. Which I enjoy aspects of.

If say I was Jennifer Lawrences in house gigolo. I imagine I would be enjoying my job a hell of alot more.

And in turn would be more committed and give a better performance at work.

Hence, if the guy doesn't want to be selected. He's not going to try his best

Her growler is bowfin tbf.

The fact is that this is a clip with no context applied. I have no idea of the relationship between these two. He could be hazing Fleck for all we know. Fleck could well know that McBurnie loves playing for Scotland and it's a bit of a laugh between them.

People are seeing what they want from a badly shot, few seconds of video.

15 minutes ago, velo army said:

The fact is that this is a clip with no context applied. I have no idea of the relationship between these two. He could be hazing Fleck for all we know. Fleck could well know that McBurnie loves playing for Scotland and it's a bit of a laugh between them.

People are seeing what they want from a badly shot, few seconds of video.

Aye, and your Mrs was just giving your best friend a shoulder to cry on.  She was sucking him off mate open your eyes.

Sounds similar to people moaning when players dont sing the national anthem. Surely if he didnt want to play for scotland then he just wouldnt make himself available? Its not like he has to play. Mountain out of molehill