McBurnie's socks

1 minute ago, Kuro said:

Sigh.  I honestly couldn't be bothered replying to this cause it was such utter shite, but I have five minutes now.

Europe is nothing, Connahs Quay Nomads and Linfield play in Europe, so playing in Europe and scoring a goal or two is utterly meaningless, especially when your team take the shaft on a regular basis every time they play in the fabled 'Europe'.  

When your talking about a level a player plays at you're talking about the league they play in, the bread and butter every week.  McBurnie plays and has played at a vastly higher level than Griffiths, its not even close. 

The English Championship is light years better than the Scottish Premiership, absolutely miles.  Evidenced by things like an hour ago a player who got two games for a league one club (Peterborough) last season signing for Hibs, and one of the best players in the Scottish Premiership last season and for the last few seasons Greame Shinnie not even being able to get on the bench at Derby.

Whether a player gets a handful of games here and there in 'Europe' is entirely incidental and irrelevant.  If McBurnie was shite enough to opt to play at the level Griffiths plays at and if any of the clubs at that level could dream of affording him, he'd get quite a few games in Europe too, and it would be just as meaningless in judging his quality.

Compare their intl records at the same age, I don't think Griffiths had even made his debut.  Griffiths' goals in the 'Champions League' have been almost exclusively against utter shite in qualifying.

You're an idiot, virtually every word of that is utter shite, and those are the real facts.  

You couldn't be bothered to reply, so you waited, and then opened up your arse and sprayed that out?  Aye, OK.

Now I'm really not going to really go through all the "facts" in your post, given there are none.  I stopped at you claiming Europe is incidental and irrelevant.  To your point, maybe, for the purpose of facts?  Lol.  You're not even being a good troll anymore.

Sigh.  I honestly couldn't be bothered replying to this cause it was such utter shite, but I have five minutes now.
Europe is nothing, Connahs Quay Nomads and Linfield play in Europe, so playing in Europe and scoring a goal or two is utterly meaningless, especially when your team take the shaft on a regular basis every time they play in the fabled 'Europe'.  
When your talking about a level a player plays at you're talking about the league they play in, the bread and butter every week.  McBurnie plays and has played at a vastly higher level than Griffiths, its not even close. 
The English Championship is light years better than the Scottish Premiership, absolutely miles.  Evidenced by things like an hour ago a player who got two games for a league one club (Peterborough) last season signing for Hibs, and one of the best players in the Scottish Premiership last season and for the last few seasons Greame Shinnie not even being able to get on the bench at Derby.
Whether a player gets a handful of games here and there in 'Europe' is entirely incidental and irrelevant.  If McBurnie was shite enough to opt to play at the level Griffiths plays at and if any of the clubs at that level could dream of affording him, he'd get quite a few games in Europe too, and it would be just as meaningless in judging his quality.
Compare their intl records at the same age, I don't think Griffiths had even made his debut.  Griffiths' goals in the 'Champions League' have been almost exclusively against utter shite in qualifying.
You're an idiot, virtually every word of that is utter shite, and those are the real facts.  

Don’t think it’s so much a question of level they’re playing at for me it’s a question of ‘Can McBurnie be arsed?’ Can’t think of one decent performance for Scotland from him. I was out in Kazakhstan and he was murder, notably bad in amongst a team of bad performances. We all know what his thoughts on the national side are now. For him I suspect it’s a vehicle to add a few £££s onto his value. I’d rather have a lesser player giving 100% than him turning up and giving 50%.

On 30/08/2019 at 22:31, BingMcCrosby said:

Impossible to gather context? Maybe for you.

So when he says to fleck (his roommate on internationals) after asking is he was injured.

"your going to make me go on my own"

Unless for the next Sheffield utd match they have selected a squad of just one man. The man being mcburnie 

Originally it was a 2 man squad fleck and mcburnie, but fleck pulled out. So now mcburnie is having to go and represent Sheffield utd on his own.

Rightly he is asking questions, 2 man squad was bad enough.

Either that or quite obviously it's the Scotland squad their talking about.

On 31/08/2019 at 19:59, BingMcCrosby said:

Of course, he's talking about a night out.

He's been called up for a night out squad, but he really doesn't want to go. Fleck can't be in the night out, cos he's not been called up. Mcburnie asks if he's injured, but hes just not been called up.

So now he thinks it's shit he's going out on the night out on his own. I wonder why he's even going?

But once you get called up for the night out squad you feel obliged to go.

Either that or its the Scotland squad.

🤔

13 hours ago, BingMcCrosby said:

Seems there was something in this after all.

It's unconfirmed at the moment, but it's reported that McBurnie actually said that.

Savage Henry, forameus, burnie man, Jeremiah Cole and the snudge were completely wrong.

And that I was correct all along

:lol:

Settle doon, Hamish.

17 hours ago, BingMcCrosby said:

Seems there was something in this after all.

It's unconfirmed at the moment, but it's reported that McBurnie actually said that.

Savage Henry, forameus, burnie man, Jeremiah Cole and the snudge were completely wrong.

And that I was correct all along

Behave yersel son :lol:

38 minutes ago, Tulloch Gorum said:

Imagine being so breathlessly desperate for something so trivial to be a major scandalous disgrace.  Riddy.

Quite amazing.  No wonder we're shite when roasters jump on a poor quality clip that nobody can made out with any clarity what is being said or in what context, and use it to hound a player.  Scotland fans eh......

3 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

Oh so it's the fans fault that Scotland are bad then?

If a certain section of fans on forums and social media insist on trying to destroy a young player before he has even established himself then yes, they are part of the problem. That transmits to the game and it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest that we will hear a few boos at Hampden with regards to McBurnie now that some wrongly believe he doesn't give a shit about Scotland.

23 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

If a certain section of fans on forums and social media insist on trying to destroy a young player before he has even established himself then yes, they are part of the problem. That transmits to the game and it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest that we will hear a few boos at Hampden with regards to McBurnie now that some wrongly believe he doesn't give a shit about Scotland.

If it's not true and he's so mentally weak to be destroyed by a few boos then I think that's the players problem as well.

Of course if it's as impossible to work out the context of the clip as you claim then you don't really know if the fans are wrong or not. You'd be guessing too.

28 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

If it's not true and he's so mentally weak to be destroyed by a few boos then I think that's the players problem as well.

Of course if it's as impossible to work out the context of the clip as you claim then you don't really know if the fans are wrong or not. You'd be guessing too.

Oh well that's OK then, let's go along with a half-baked accusation by roasters on the internet and boo him, that'll make him better.

3 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Oh well that's OK then, let's go along with a half-baked accusation by roasters on the internet and boo him, that'll make him better.

Is it worse than putting our fingers in our ears and pretending it's impossible to tell what he said when it's not. I hope he doesn't get booed and I don't want him to be ostracized from the international setup but he said what he said and pretending we can't tell what was said in the hopes of it all going away is just being dishonest with ourselves.

30 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

Is it worse than putting our fingers in our ears and pretending it's impossible to tell what he said when it's not. I hope he doesn't get booed and I don't want him to be ostracized from the international setup but he said what he said and pretending we can't tell what was said in the hopes of it all going away is just being dishonest with ourselves.

Anyone thinking they know what was being said and in what context is at it, it's as simple as that.  There is no story here and people should stop looking for one and instead back Scotland, and back McBurnie and everyone else.

2 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

Quite amazing.  No wonder we're shite when roasters jump on a poor quality clip that nobody can made out with any clarity what is being said or in what context, and use it to hound a player.  Scotland fans eh......

If you read the thread burnie man you will see many times I've said that I don't agree with booing or alienating the player.

He made a mistake he apologised end of, so don't try and change my point to suit a new narrative.

The roasters here are the guys saying he was talking about a Sheffield utd game, or a night out! That was just weird 

It's now clear that he said something along the lines of "I don't want to get called up for Scotland, it's shite." 

What we don't, and can never truly know, is whether he was dicking about with gallows humour or if he actually straight-faced meant it.

The fact that he joined up with the squad and made a point of explaining it to the other players tells me it's almost certainly the former. I doubt very much he tapped a glass during training and said "Excuse me lads, I just want to clarify that I did say that I hate coming along to play with you sweaty sock tadgers. That is all."

3 minutes ago, Gordopolis said:

It's now clear that he said something along the lines of "I don't want to get called up for Scotland, it's shite." 

What we don't, and can never truly know, is whether he was dicking about with gallows humour or if he actually straight-faced meant it.

The fact that he joined up with the squad and made a point of explaining it to the other players tells me it's almost certainly the former. I doubt very much he tapped a glass during training and said "Excuse me lads, I just want to clarify that I did say that I hate coming along to play with you sweaty sock tadgers. That is all."

Pretty much bang on. If there was some kind of other context that it was actually about it would surely have been brought to attention by now.

He's presumably explained himself/apologised or whatever and I'm sure if the management team are happy to move on from it that will be fine for the vast majority but those framing it as Scotland fans fault if he now underperforms is bonkers.

I also hope Mcburnie or someone at his club have gone through the social media person that thought it a good idea to broadcast this in the first place.

9 minutes ago, BingMcCrosby said:

If you read the thread burnie man you will see many times I've said that I don't agree with booing or alienating the player.

He made a mistake he apologised end of, so don't try and change my point to suit a new narrative.

The roasters here are the guys saying he was talking about a Sheffield utd game, or a night out! That was just weird 

Where has it been said that McBurnie apologised?

On 27/08/2019 at 20:03, BingMcCrosby said:

He should be given a chance to explain/apologise.

Whether he apologised or explained himself or a bit of both. Is not important, what is important is he addressed the issue with the manager and then the squad and sorted it out.

He didnt try to pretend it was something else. 

So fair play to him