McBurnie's socks

1 minute ago, BingMcCrosby said:

I'd have alot of respect for him if he had done that tho ;)

He's saving that for after we get beaten 1-0 by Russia and he's deliberately missed 3 sitters. Then he'll get airlifted to safety by Tony Adams and Paul Ince, all three doing w*nker symbols at the Scotland players who are left foaming at the mouth on the ground.

36 minutes ago, BingMcCrosby said:

If you read the thread burnie man you will see many times I've said that I don't agree with booing or alienating the player.

He made a mistake he apologised end of, so don't try and change my point to suit a new narrative.

The roasters here are the guys saying he was talking about a Sheffield utd game, or a night out! That was just weird 

Can you provide the exact transcript of what was said, and in what context it was being said, because if nobody can do that then it's unfounded tittle tattle gossip for which he is being crucified for in certain quarters.  It's tragic.

2 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Can you provide the exact transcript of what was said, and in what context it was being said, because if nobody can do that then it's unfounded tittle tattle gossip for which he is being crucified for in certain quarters.  It's tragic.

At this point all you can do is contact mcburnie and tell him he's wrong to have talked to the manager and squad. And ask him to retract it.

Just now, BingMcCrosby said:

He didnt speak to the manager and squad now? 

He did. There's no mention of him apologising though, which you said earlier. He probably felt it was best to give his side of the story considering the only side his team mates have heard so far is that of the Daily Record and about 1,000 Hamish Husband types that want him hung up by his poorly fitting socks, but that doesn't mean this isn't a total non-story, one that you are weirdly trying to champion some sort of victory over despite having absolutely no idea as to what's been said in the aftermath.

He did. There's no mention of him apologising though, which you said earlier. He probably felt it was best to give his side of the story considering the only side his team mates have heard so far is that of the Daily Record and about 1,000 Hamish Husband types that want him hung up by his poorly fitting socks, but that doesn't mean this isn't a total non-story, one that you are weirdly trying to champion some sort of victory over despite having absolutely no idea as to what's been said in the aftermath.
So you're pulling folk up for exaggeration but anyone who questions this (fairly clear what he said) clip wants him strung up?

Come on.

He's been a wee fanny and it's been caught on video and released.

No doubt it was 'banter' but the reaction was perfectly justified - and is hopefully the rocket up his arse that's needed to ensure he plays a blinder in this weekend's games.

In the record article it also specificly said mcburnie had apologised.

They never had anything verbatim from the horses mouth but how could they. 

It's irrelevant really whether he explained or apologised.

It's just grasping at straws

Hopefully he plays and plays well. As panderilla alludes it may be exactly what he needs in a strange way.

1 hour ago, BingMcCrosby said:

In the record article it also specificly said mcburnie had apologised.

They never had anything verbatim from the horses mouth but how could they. 

It's irrelevant really whether he explained or apologised.

It's just grasping at straws

Hopefully he plays and plays well. As panderilla alludes it may be exactly what he needs in a strange way.

Well, if the Record said it it must be true.

21 hours ago, forameus said:

You couldn't be bothered to reply, so you waited, and then opened up your arse and sprayed that out?  Aye, OK.

Now I'm really not going to really go through all the "facts" in your post, given there are none.  I stopped at you claiming Europe is incidental and irrelevant.  To your point, maybe, for the purpose of facts?  Lol.  You're not even being a good troll anymore.

Europe is incidental and irrelevant, McBurnie could sign for Linfield and play in 'Europe' every year, would that mean he's at a better level than he's at now where he never plays in Europe at all?

3 minutes ago, Kuro said:

Europe is incidental and irrelevant, McBurnie could sign for Linfield and play in 'Europe' every year, would that mean he's at a better level than he's at now where he never plays in Europe at all?

No, it would mean he's played in Europe.  Which he hasn't.  Leigh Griffiths has.  Hope that helps.

1 minute ago, forameus said:

No, it would mean he's played in Europe.  Which he hasn't.  Leigh Griffiths has.  Hope that helps.

And what difference does that make to the level a player plays at?  If he signed for the champions of Luxembourg he'd play in Europe every year, would that improve him?  Would it be a step up?

1 hour ago, Kuro said:

And what difference does that make to the level a player plays at?  If he signed for the champions of Luxembourg he'd play in Europe every year, would that improve him?  Would it be a step up?

If those Champions of Luxembourg progressed far enough to play real quality like Griffiths has, then yes.  Before this season, Griffiths had simply had more opportunity to test himself at a higher level than McBurnie as he played.  This season, McBurnie will test himself more often against that higher quality.

So, you know, like I said way back before you started to do the raging shite troll shtick, until this season, Griffiths had had more opportunities to test himself at a higher level than McBurnie had.  That will change this season, and give him the opportunity to prove he's better than Griffiths.  Which he likely will, given Griffiths is hardly a world-beater.

I didn't think I'd have to explain something like that in such basic terms to a totally-real-honest-mate-I-am footballer.

14 hours ago, pandarilla said:

No doubt it was 'banter' but the reaction was perfectly justified

I can't agree. The manager and his team mates have met the whole thing with an Alan Partridge shrug of the shoulders and Scotland fans are losing their shit. I don't think I'm exaggerating there.

54 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I can't agree. The manager and his team mates have met the whole thing with an Alan Partridge shrug of the shoulders and Scotland fans are losing their shit. I don't think I'm exaggerating there.

I'm not on twitter so I don't know what's being said but I've not seen anyone "losing their shit" on here.

The player and manager had a discussion about it, then the player spoke to the squad about it. Then the press were informed of this. 

If nobody was bothered or interested within the squad then none of that would have happened.

You can not agree if you want, but it would be silly.