Queens v Dunfermline

Not sure why Kidd Is getting pelters either. Its glaringly obvious that we need a couple of midfield players and im sure the manager is aware of this as well and trying to do something about it. Whats supposed to happen til we get them in - play with no midfield? Or for Kidd to tell Johnston to f**k off, hes not playing there?
Give the lad a break til the squad is complete ffs.

Nail on the head.same as Motherwell game fucking shocking.

Who got stretchered off against Motherwell?

Not sure why Kidd Is getting pelters either. Its glaringly obvious that we need a couple of midfield players and im sure the manager is aware of this as well and trying to do something about it. Whats supposed to happen til we get them in - play with no midfield? Or for Kidd to tell Johnston to f**k off, hes not playing there?
Give the lad a break til the squad is complete ffs.
Ffs, another thing we can't comment on because we don't have enough players [emoji38]

1 hour ago, Estreet said:

What the hell do you expect. I certainly hope I never fall ill at Palmerston if that is the emergency response they give.  My mother could have got there quicker, and she's been dead 13 years. They were a total embarrassment wandering on as if tomorrow would do. 

You do know he wasnt writhing in agony or suffering a heart attack? He was immobile and being kept very still. Whilst the spinal board might ultimately have come on quite slowly, thats of no great relevance in this case and he wasnt immediately placed on it anyway. The initial response from both the Dunfermline physio and then our doctor and our physio was excellent, along with our assistant safety officer who is a senior paramedic.

I expect the man who is walking around today despite suffering a heart attack at Palmerston a couple of years ago would disagree with you to be honest.  If you must fall seriously ill, and are not already in a hospital, a football stadium is about the best place it could happen.

1 hour ago, queenslad said:

What was the min silence for at the match today - shooting in US? would have been good to have announced what it was for as only ref and  players seemed to know about it.

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

It was for a fan that passed away. I only know because my wife used to treat him. I assume no one had informed the announcer in time.

It was actually for Eric Slaven, the Club Disability Access Officer who died just over a week ago. Whilst he obviously was indeed a fan, he was somewhat more than that.

However there was an issue with the PA announcer not having been briefed in advance. Probably my fault although I was otherwise engaged when he came in. I should have made sure he was informed however. I will take that one on the chin and apologise for it.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

It was actually for Eric Slaven, the Club Disability Access Officer who died just over a week ago. Whilst he obviously was indeed a fan, he was somewhat more than that.
However there was an issue with the PA announcer not having been briefed in advance. Probably my fault although I was otherwise engaged when he came in. I should have made sure he was informed however. I will take that one on the chin and apologise for it.
Spot on for the first part.

Yeah my Mrs just said "fan" for arguments sake. She never mentioned his name or anything more than that for confidentiality reasons.

2 hours ago, queenslad said:

What was the min silence for at the match today - shooting in US? would have been good to have announced what it was for as only ref and  players seemed to know about it.

Noticed a presentation in front of tunnel at half time - again what for.

Small things but would make supporters feel more of part of what is going on at Palmerston and being involved

Social media reported yesterday that there would be a minute silence today for Eric Slaven. 

I probably would have accepted two draws before a ball was kicked this season but it's annoying to throw away a lead for the second week running. Seems very clear that we don't have the engine to play for a full 90 minutes and end up sagging badly towards the end of games. Troubling.

3 points out of the last 30 if you include the end of last season, with no wins.

1 hour ago, palmy_cammy said:

Anyone criticising the treatment received by the injured player today, or the speed in which it was provided is a fucking idiot tbh.

The initial reaction was good  the doctor was there quickly. The issue I have is the first aiders who could not have known the situation was not serious  yet wandered out as if their free game had been interrupted. Pathetic. I love Queens and I felt they let us down. Away fans were entitled to feel the same. 

Hope that form.continues!

I probably would have accepted two draws before a ball was kicked this season but it's annoying to throw away a lead for the second week running. Seems very clear that we don't have the engine to play for a full 90 minutes and end up sagging badly towards the end of games. Troubling.
3 points out of the last 30 if you include the end of last season, with no wins.

6 minutes ago, Estreet said:

The initial reaction was good  the doctor was there quickly. The issue I have is the first aiders who could not have known the situation was not serious  yet wandered out as if their free game had been interrupted. Pathetic. I love Queens and I felt they let us down. Away fans were entitled to feel the same. 

I'm sorry but that's just not correct.

If there was any urgency required in their attendance then the doctors and physio could and would have conveyed that. The last thing the assessment and on-going management of a potential spinal injury needs is people in a rush for no reason. It's a time for cool heads, calm assessment  and then making a plan for any required further treatment.

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

5 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

I'm sorry but that's just not correct.

If there was any urgency required in their attendance then the doctors and physio could and would have conveyed that. The last thing the assessment and on-going management of a potential spinal injury needs is people in a rush for no reason. It's a time for cool heads, calm assessment  and then making a plan for any required further treatment.

So the doctor communicated , bring the stretcher, but In your own sweet time?

Surely they could have shown some degree of urgency, then stood back if not required. 

8 minutes ago, Estreet said:

Surely they could have shown some degree of urgency, then stood back if not required. 

It`s not a situation where urgency is required within a matter of a few minutes. As medical problems go it's an absolute example of take it slow.

The care given to the player today was absolutely appropriate.

Edit to add

Even if on-going hospital treatment had been required the rate limiting factor would have been the arrival of an ambulance rather than an extra minute or two spent on the pitch while all the time being looked after in an appropriate manner.  It's wholly understandable that people get upset when concerned about a player's well being but nothing done today compromised the player's care at any time. 

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

Can you explain what difference it would have made if the guy had rushed up to the player?

It`s not a situation where urgency is required within a matter of a few minutes. As medical problems go it's an absolute example of take it slow.
The care given to the player today was absolutely appropriate.

Indeed. I'd love to see these people in an A and E ward: "It doesn't matter if you do the job right, just do it quickly for goodness sake!"

2 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Thanks for the information on Eric Slavin - it was just no one standing around me seemed to know

What was the cheque presentation?