Queens v Dunfermline

Mad that hoofing it forward to our three midgets up front hasn’t paid dividends. We ended the half a bit brighter by trying to play a bit. In truth though with better finishing The Pars would have been out of sight by then.

Get Michael Paton the f**k out of my football club. And get Calum Semple to a personal trainer.

Totally uninspiring first half from us with Dunfermline little better. That said they could easily have been 3-0 up and squandered 2/3 great chances. Just about to say we have created nothing but Brownlie rattled the bar with a decent header. Unless I’m mistaken we couldn’t even force a corner.

Depressing stuff to say the least - look as if we could play all day and not score. Can only hope for a massive improvement second half.

When you make Paul Paton look like a competent midfielder you're in trouble. Pybus and Murray in midfield alone. Other than his FK at the death, Paton has been absolutely woeful. Kilday is far too slow to be playing in midfield against this pace. Square peg in a round hole. Nice finish for the goal but I'd like to see McCrorie's starting position.

We have offered next to nothing and only started playing after 40 minutes. I'm just hoping Dunfermline tire because we are only just coping with this pace. Semple could be good value to get sent off.

Two times a Pars player looks to have led with the arm; Holt going off with blood the second time. Yet Semple is the one who receives a yellow for a similar incident. Sums up the officials so far.

Hopefully we start the second half the way we ended the first.

Think the officials have been a bit iffy, letting some go but not others, but it's been to both sides really. Quite a few times the Queens centre halves have had both arms wrapped round Ryan and Nisbet. The Queens defence looks a bit iffy if I'm honest and I'm disappointed that we forgot how to hold onto the ball in the last part of the half and didn't really put them under any pressure - up until then Queens were neat and tidy enough in the middle third but offered nothing in the final third. Since then we've say deeper and allowed Murray to see more of the ball (to little effect however) and it would have been typical Dunfermline for that header to go in before half time. If we can get hold of the ball and keep it for any length of time we should have enough to see this out and maybe add another goal or two. Sitting deep and inviting pressure though is totally the wrong option. Maybe we'll see Coley in the second half running at the back four.

27 minutes ago, palmy_cammy said:

Mad that hoofing it forward to our three midgets up front hasn’t paid dividends. We ended the half a bit brighter by trying to play a bit. In truth though with better finishing The Pars would have been out of sight by then.

Get Michael Paton the f**k out of my football club. And get Calum Semple to a personal trainer.

Get used to the AJ tactical manual.

It's taken me right back to last season watching this.