Bully Wee v Bairns

I’d imagine we’ll go unchanged again but I’d love to see us play with a bit more width. In the last couple of weeks we’ve seen the best and worst from out midfield, on form it’s brilliant to see all the interchanging and all of them popping up all over the place but last week they were almost on top of each other at times and there was always massive spaces out wide.

I’d be going

Bell

Doyle
Buchanan
Toshney
Dixon

MacLean
Telfer
Tidser/Gomis
Connolly

Sammon
McManus

I’d imagine we’ll go unchanged again but I’d love to see us play with a bit more width. In the last couple of weeks we’ve seen the best and worst from out midfield, on form it’s brilliant to see all the interchanging and all of them popping up all over the place but last week they were almost on top of each other at times and there was always massive spaces out wide.

I’d be going

Bell

Doyle
Buchanan
Toshney
Dixon

MacLean
Telfer
Tidser/Gomis
Connolly

Sammon
McManus
we talking about football how refreshing , I thought we were having a socio-economic football debate around team affilliations in the west of scotland

ps this will never catch on [emoji6]

I’d be going

Bell

Doyle
Buchanan
Toshney
Dixon

MacLean
Telfer
Tidser/Gomis
Connolly

Sammon
McManus
never really rated conor salmon appeared to have one good season at kilmarnock , but given the service he could score a few in this league , should be a fairly open game , as said going forward we are good so we just have to hope that somehow we manage to defend even remotely compotently If mcniff is at left back then falkirk like every other team will target that side of the pitch

fingers crossed 2 2

1 hour ago, cfcuk said:

falkirk popilation 35 k to get crowds of 3.5k to 4k is excellent
cumbernauld pop 52 k clydes average 650 do the maths , think we have a lot more to worry about than Falkirk , mind you maybe they try and attract the local population to go to games while clyde ...............

Falkirk have been playing in the town since 18something, we've been playing in cumbernauld 1994. Falkirk FC is ingrained into the town of Falkirk, Clyde not quite the same in Cumbernauld. 

1 hour ago, HughieMc said:

It’s just such a quirk of fate that you’re so good looking

Correct

4 hours ago, Ingo ohne Flamingo said:

After living in Falkirk for over 6 years it amazes me that Falkirk only get around 4k at home games. Nothing pisses me off more round here than walking around Falkirk seeing fucking Rangers and Celtic shirts... 

Split loyalties in this house and a 14 month old baby who is being brought up to follow Falkirk and Clyde! Looking forward to the game, on paper it should be a Falkirk win but its 90 minutes after all and the 3rd game of the new season. 

Based on what ?

4000+ crowds in the championship recent seasons which would be larger than we have had in the 2nd tier for about 20-30 yr

I'll guess our average crowd in the third tier will be the largest crowd average we have had in the third tier since.....well maybe ever

Our crowd figures dont add up in reflection to our performances over the last two seasons, could add three seasons as the last Houston one was horrific viewing albeit finishing 2nd

1 hour ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Clyde probably lost some support though when they moved to Cumbernauld. If they had moved to a stadium a mile or so from Shawfield this might not have happened.

It would be interesting if they had numbers to how many have followed them from Clyde to Cumbernauld, I wouldnt be surprised if it was a split percentage of new Cumbernauld fans and old Clyde ones.

It would be so easy to stop going as frequent as you did, tho our move away from town centre has probably gave my liver another 3-4 yrs life expectancy !!

42 minutes ago, Ingo ohne Flamingo said:

Falkirk have been playing in the town since 18something, we've been playing in cumbernauld 1994. Falkirk FC is ingrained into the town of Falkirk, Clyde not quite the same in Cumbernauld. 

Correct

Not to mention charming and articulate 

X

Edited by HughieMc
Spelling

falkirk popilation 35 k to get crowds of 3.5k to 4k is excellent
cumbernauld pop 52 k clydes average 650 do the maths , think we have a lot more to worry about than Falkirk , mind you maybe they try and attract the local population to go to games while clyde ...............

We’ve had this 35K population chat before.
The realistic catchment area for the Bairns stretches from Bo’Ness to Dunipace which is pretty much all of Falkirk District with a population of approx 140 K giving us a similar potential fan base to St Mirren.
Whilst it is annoying watching the mouth breathers and window lickers departing the area to watch their favourite arse cheek it should be remembered that in the west of the area in particular many of these are from families shipped out of the weegie slums in the 60s and 70s ( the rest are just inadequate arseholes )
4K crowds are very good considering where we find ourselves and all the Boardroom shite, probably double the crowds we were getting at good old Brockville 40 years ago when last at this level.
With a successful team I think we could fairly easily put another couple of thousand on our home support.

1 hour ago, cfcuk said:

never really rated conor salmon appeared to have one good season at kilmarnock , but given the service he could score a few in this league , should be a fairly open game , as said going forward we are good so we just have to hope that somehow we manage to defend even remotely compotently If mcniff is at left back then falkirk like every other team will target that side of the pitch

fingers crossed 2 2

Never really rated him since then either, till he signed. Then I realised he’s fucking amazing.

Already got 4 goals in 3 league games, so he’s off to a no bad start. 

23 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

The realistic catchment area for the Bairns stretches from Bo’Ness to Dunipace which is pretty much all of Falkirk District with a population of approx 140 K giving us a similar potential fan base to St Mirren.
Whilst it is annoying watching the mouth breathers and window lickers departing the area to watch their favourite arse cheek it should be remembered that in the west of the area in particular many of these are from families shipped out of the weegie slums in the 60s and 70s ( the rest are just inadequate arseholes )
4K crowds are very good considering where we find ourselves and all the Boardroom shite, probably double the crowds we were getting at good old Brockville 40 years ago when last at this level.
With a successful team I think we could fairly easily put another couple of thousand on our home support.

The furious crowdwanking endured by our support from March onwards last year (exceeding a bucket and a half each, easily) makes this apparent knowledge of other clubs all the more laughable.

These thousands of Old Firm fans, spread over all towns with senior clubs, makes absolutely f**k-all difference to the success or status of one single team in the land. Falkirk have always been among the highest per-head-of-population teams regardless of them; and if their quota of "inadequate arseholes" were reversed, and they attended hometown matches and were matched by those in the towns of your rival clubs, the position you're in would still not change. Neither would that of any other clubs, from the Dundee two (the biggest two 'affected' by this ridiculous myth), all the way right down to Cowdenbeath and Queen's Park.

These larger gates wouldn't prevent the clubs being run dreadfully, which is why you're here. Not quite the same as us, but in the ball-park on that front.

It's also not a reason for the poor standard, or awful entertainment factor in the game. As i've said elsewhere, on a business level, the higher prices paid by Scottish fans doesn't keep them away, one iota, against those in other countries. Performing way below-par isn't going to be solved by idealism. The game should be thriving with all it has going for it, its certainly not the fault of glory hunters when Falkirk can pull in one in ten per home match (who won't all have Falkirk postcodes either, btw) against both C or R, with their 50k-plus crowd in a city of over 625k (one in twelve and a half, likewise not all from the city), you're actually ahead of them in that instance. 

The proof of this is not being a valid reason is in both Hamilton and Livingston nestling in the Premier, by whichever means its been achieved. They're doing it right, despite losing a lot more local 'fans' than Falkirk. 

It would be interesting if they had numbers to how many have followed them from Clyde to Cumbernauld, I wouldnt be surprised if it was a split percentage of new Cumbernauld fans and old Clyde ones.
It would be so easy to stop going as frequent as you did, tho our move away from town centre has probably gave my liver another 3-4 yrs life expectancy !!

Would guess the support is probably around 50/50 now given how long we've been in Cumbernauld.

When we've played Queens Park away though it's not been unusual for us to have more fans at Hampden than what we get at Broadwood.

52 minutes ago, Jack Burton said:

Would guess the support is probably around 50/50 now given how long we've been in Cumbernauld.

When we've played Queens Park away though it's not been unusual for us to have more fans at Hampden than what we get at Broadwood.

I wouldn't say our support levels are consistent enough to attatch a percentage to either. Cold winter and midweek games, i'd wager two thirds as locals. Beginning months and through spring, i'd offer 60/40 in favour of Glasgow/SLan based. Which isn't very good for a club needing its fans to constantly fund it. 

I think attracting 4k to league 1 game is excellent and as you say probably get more in as you go up the leagues
as the dug says earlier that does not guarentee anything evidence why your in league 1 As for us totally self inflicted we have a complete disaster of a club structure If you think your club structure is wrong try a CIC

hamilton premier league on home support of less than 2k thats what happens when you get a guy running the club properly

1 hour ago, Swordfishtrombone said:

My two worst games to attend as a fan were against Clyde the 6-1 game obviously, I left at 4. There was a game at Ochilview that was similarly depressing played in horrendous conditions, I'm sure that Andy Smith scored the winner for Clyde in that one.

That game at Ochilview is from the 03/04 season. The year we threw away the league title to Caley at Broadwood. Sickening.

1 hour ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

That game at Ochilview is from the 03/04 season. The year we threw away the league title to Caley at Broadwood. Sickening.

2-0 that day. Andy Smith opened the scoring, sure it was big Marko with a header for the 2nd.

Mind the weather being fucking miserable! Sure I was 17 year old young Govan lad, little did I know then I'd buy a house round the corner from the ground 12 years later! 

On that game though, it was still a grass park and it was a total Midden, I can remember a big puddle in the middle of the pitch but Willie Young being proper old school he let the game play, today that game would've been postponed. 

Our next visit to ochilview that season was one worth forgetting, big fotheringham giving away a penalty if I remember right to allow Falkirk the draw. 

And now I also remember one of my favourite ever clyde games also that season against Falkirk. 2-0 down at half time thanks to 2 quick goals from Colquhoun (whatever happened to him?) for us to win 4-2. Sure Falkirk fans have a big wheeyyy to Paddy Keogh when he mishit the ball before unleashing a strike into the net when he did eventually control the ball. 

Used to always love our games against Falkirk, sure we're still unbeaten at TFS. 

Will be good to have the away stand open, very rare nowadays. 

On the game itself, can only hope we somehow manage to tighten up at the back. Going forward we are fine and will score goals. Going in certainly more in hope than expectation.