Airdrie Utd vs Falkirk

Going by FTV (not a great angle admittedly) Sammon was offside.

Regarding centre halfs, Toshney has done well for us and I am a bit puzzled ablut dropping him. Durnan certainly doesnt look better than him.

Also on the header from Sammon it was just a bit too high for him. It just eluded McManus at the front post too was really unfortunate.
Fair enough about the offside, I sit right in line with the 18y line at that side and it was all a bit quick but I thought we had men on the line.
When the ball got whipped over for sammons header he was running towards it and from what I remember, any jump at all it would have been right on his forehead but he just ran and watched it go over his head, highlights will clear it up as you said.

2 minutes ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

Fair enough about the offside, I sit right in line with the 18y line at that side and it was all a bit quick but I thought we had men on the line.
When the ball got whipped over for sammons header he was running towards it and from what I remember, any jump at all it would have been right on his forehead but he just ran and watched it go over his head, highlights will clear it up as you said.

Right in line with the 18 yard line ?

So were you responsible for the large collage, Sevco style, flag arrangement??

4 minutes ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

From what I mind there were guys on the line but they got out pretty quick and when the ball came to Sammon he was on his jack. I highly doubt I will watch the highlights as once is more than enough, so I will simply belive whatever you tell me on that basis. 

Virgin must have missed that his team got scudded 5-0 last night.
Embarrassed for him.....

We’re sitting 5th in a league that we personally relegated you from last season and you’re now hilariously failing to return to.

Get back in your box then, peasant.

d05646ed-d051-4d76-b7bc-bf6935431cca.jpg

2 minutes ago, virginton said:

IMG_2536.jpg

Shite comeback m8.

Still, all of your attempts at patter can be roundly dismissed since

A: I know that you look like a wee skaghead

And B: You went snivelling to the mods to get your wee smack addled melt removed from the site. 

In short, you are too ugly to pull of your schtick, which is a shame for you because if nothing else, you do try. 

Still, all of your attempts at patter can be roundly dismissed since

A: I know that you look like a wee skaghead

And B: You went snivelling to the mods to get your wee smack addled melt removed from the site. 

In short, you are too ugly to pull of your schtick, which is a shame for you because if nothing else, you do try. 

^^^ word salad

Enjoy duking it out with Dumbarton and East Fife all season for that all important play-off spot champ. Thanks for playing anyway.

IMG_0697.thumb.jpg.7b71ab7478c6bb067b70a7f5d3422830.jpg5140d5d5-385e-441b-bd11-dc3116a5eaac.thumb.jpg.9283de921264e9be344bab3e57839b72.jpg

14 minutes ago, virginton said:

^^^ word salad

Enjoy duking it out with Dumbarton and East Fife all season for that all important play-off spot champ. Thanks for playing anyway.

Please refrain from mentioning us in your juvenile rants.

Thank you x

Neither team can claim to have done enough to win that. Given last week, it was encouraging to see an organised, committed, well balanced side. Defence looked solid, wide players did well, and strikers did well with limited chances. Guys in midfield worked hard and did well, but I still think that is the glaring weakness offensively. We just offer nothing in a creative sense from there which is making it very difficult to create chances. Thomson didn't really work in there but I'm at least encouraged that Murray recognises we have a need for some attacking drive in there.

Not entirely convinced that is the system to get us through the season but I think we have to just stick with it for a few weeks and see what happens. Perhaps once players settle into the system we will see some better attacking combinations.

Falkirk looked poor, constantly tried and failed to get through the middle (one exception being the chance in the first half), seemed like most attacks ended by them being forced wide to a full-back who would swing in a cross from about 40 yards out which, even if they won the header, were never going to be able to do anything with. They are going to face that performance every week in this league, I can totally see how Clyde beat them last week and how they haven't scored away from home yet. You can be certain that continuing to play such a narrow system and punting balls in the box from deep is not going to work in this league.

7 minutes ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

Neither team can claim to have done enough to win that. Given last week, it was encouraging to see an organised, committed, well balanced side. Defence looked solid, wide players did well, and strikers did well with limited chances. Guys in midfield worked hard and did well, but I still think that is the glaring weakness offensively. We just offer nothing in a creative sense from there which is making it very difficult to create chances. Thomson didn't really work in there but I'm at least encouraged that Murray recognises we have a need for some attacking drive in there.

Not entirely convinced that is the system to get us through the season but I think we have to just stick with it for a few weeks and see what happens. Perhaps once players settle into the system we will see some better attacking combinations.

Falkirk looked poor, constantly tried and failed to get through the middle (one exception being the chance in the first half), seemed like most attacks ended by them being forced wide to a full-back who would swing in a cross from about 40 yards out which, even if they won the header, were never going to be able to do anything with. They are going to face that performance every week in this league, I can totally see how Clyde beat them last week and how they haven't scored away from home yet. You can be certain that continuing to play such a narrow system and punting balls in the box from deep is not going to work in this league.

That was very much what happened against us last week.  Falkirk put in one of the worst performances that I have seen against us for a while, including the desperate league that we were in last season (and the one before...).  It was as poor a performance as we have seen, even against Albion Rovers and Cowdenbeath last season.  The big difference is that they are a full-time squad, and this is a higher league.  They had little width and were relying on Dixon to cover when clearly he struggled to do so.  I do wonder if their game plan is to secure a point away from home?  If so, then in the words of Meatloaf, two outta three ain't bad.

Yes please. He would boot some arses in the changing room and we would play some decent stuff.
Hates the current owners and has nothing but contempt for MC. Will only happen with a revived Gow bid and that's not until the new year at least.