FM 2020

ajwffc

As expected, things are trailing off badly for my Bolton save since I lost my top loan players, one win in 8 in the league since January and now just above the drop zone (but the teams around me have games in hand).  Thibaud Verlinden and Josh Earl have been huge losses, I'm back to playing kids at left back (because I can't afford to sign any replacements and nobody was available for loan) and the two loan signings I did make have been mediocre so far.  Only permanent signing in January was a well rated Tommie Hoban, predictably he's been pretty bad so far. 

I mind over FM in the last couple of years a few folk mentioning having Adam Idah on loan from Norwich and him being really good. Thought it was worth mentioning he scored a hat trick for them in the FA Cup today. Believe the hype!

18 hours ago, ballymoneyyin said:

Is anyone still having problems with 1v1's or strikers generally being unable to score goals? 

This was my latest match...

1008084510_St.JohnstonevHibernian_MatchStats.thumb.png.df573a8cc7a8959c6acd592e29099c80.png

Guess what the four clear cut chances were...

Games broken as its just complete pot luck if you score or not. Strikers attributes mean nothing.

Warning, if you play Bolton Wanderers they will keep slashing your wage budget lol. Despite surviving in league one my wage budget went from 59 grand per week to 45 grand per week (having been 77 when I started the save). Before the new season I need to dump a few more players. Anyone want Remi Matthews, Ali Crawford et al? Lol

Started a save with Fulham in order to get them up, keep them up and then hopefully move on to something better. Won promotion in my first season finishing with 99 points with Leeds second on 97. Swansea joined us in the Premiership having won the playoffs. Opening day of the season I beat Swansea 2-1 away from home and my first home game of the season I’m up against Bournemouth who thumped Leeds 5-0 on the opening day.

Also, strikers still can score 1v1’s and whenever a player is running through on goal from a tight angle rather than square it to a team mate they shoot from ridiculous angles and never score. Last moan is about the amount of injury time added on at the end of the game. I’m never under 4 minutes.

On 03/01/2020 at 23:48, ballymoneyyin said:

Is anyone still having problems with 1v1's or strikers generally being unable to score goals? 

I've been away for the last 4 weeks and I was hoping that I'd return to a fully patched game without issues, sadly not. I've found the strikers are generally performing well aside from the 1 v 1 situations. I reckon 9 out of 10 in 1 v 1 situations end in misses. It's really frustrating and to someone untrained in computer programming it seems like it must be an easy fix, but obviously it's not.

On 05/01/2020 at 15:14, CC52 FFC said:

Also, strikers still can score 1v1’s and whenever a player is running through on goal from a tight angle rather than square it to a team mate they shoot from ridiculous angles and never score. Last moan is about the amount of injury time added on at the end of the game. I’m never under 4 minutes.

Injury time always high for me too but I just assumed that was down to my shitfesting tactics which have proved successful in getting the Sons out of League 1 (in the right direction).

On 02/01/2020 at 14:51, senorsoupe said:

Only permanent signing in January was a well rated Tommie Hoban, predictably he's been pretty bad so far. 

I signed Tommie Hoban in my Hearts save, and he wasn't great but will forever be an FM legend for me because he scored the only goal of the Betfred Cup Final against Celtic after only about 40 seconds.

4 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Safe to say this years version is a bug ridden mess. Worst FM in a good few year.

I've stopped playing it until after the next major patch tbh, it's not enjoyable at all.

I seem to hit the woodwork a ridiculous number of times per game, and my strikers are incapable of scoring the easiest of chances despite me managing to create loads of chances every match.

I have tweaked my tactics endlessly to see if I was somehow causing it, but it remains the same. I'm not playing this again until it is patched because I am likely to throw my computer monitor out the window.

3 hours ago, The Gypsy King said:

I seem to hit the woodwork a ridiculous number of times per game, and my strikers are incapable of scoring the easiest of chances despite me managing to create loads of chances every match.

I have tweaked my tactics endlessly to see if I was somehow causing it, but it remains the same. I'm not playing this again until it is patched because I am likely to throw my computer monitor out the window.

I binned my tactics altogether and created a Clean Slate tactic from scratch, and have now won four on the bounce - scudding Liverpool, Everton, Southampton and AstonVilla in the process - and scoring a ridiculous number of goals and only conceding two.

Oh, and my strikers suddenly found where the goal is.

I have a Newcastle save running at the moment and I am experiencing the same issues, Yedlin & Williams as wingbacks are shooting from the most ridiculous angles. Hardly any 1 v 1s result in goals I have more success from shots at the edge of the box. I initially put the problem down to Joelinton being real-life Joelinton as he's only on 6 goals for the season. I got taken over prior to the January transfer window and had a budget of circa £7m for the window. Following the takeover the new Managing Director took it upon themselves to agree deals for 2 players which I could do nothing about. To be fair, they were 2 great signings in Bruno Guimaraes & Victor Tsygankov. However, there was about £60m in the bank which they have completely wiped out with those 2 transfers so I was left selling players for the remainder of the window - haven't seen that before where a takeover brings in players with them. 

I am sitting 8th come February and despite the problems with scoring I am fairly enjoying the game. I will be sticking with this save as Brexit has been cancelled!