Dundee vs Elgin

Ludo*1

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, rainbowrising said:

I couldn't care about the Challenge Cup really but the last thing we need is the atmosphere of last season and the sense we dont /cant win games.

That's what's about to happen. If we dont score in the first 30 secs against alloa everybody will be on the players and managers back 

1 minute ago, EpicMike said:

Fucking hell, what happened for the two goals?

First was well worked play while we feel asleep. Second, well, it's fair to say Mackie made a fucky wucky of a ball back to Ferrie. Had to come out to challenge, led to a tap in and Ferrie being sent off.

However gotta keep positive.
Cammy kerr scoring which bounds bring confidence to him.
( didnt copy and paste that)
Out the cup now so we gotta concentrate on the league and getting into a play off position.
Plenty to work on. Tenner on a beautiful sunday and the crowd was sadly low.
First time to ever play Elgin and they have a 100 percent record against us.

Well played Elgin

47 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

So my lack of confidence in our new left back looks to be true.

44 minutes ago, Juantwothree said:

The left back we didn't need

Dundee taking his wage allowed Hibs to get a right back in to ease their defensive issues, so i can see why McPake done it...

Well done to Elgin, clearly wanted it more than us and the first goal was a cracker.

For the second though, I didn’t even realise it was possible for that to happen. Has anyone ever seen a ref allow play to continue and then come back and send a player off? And how can the double jeopardy rule have come in to prevent a red card and penalty being awarded at the same time, but a goal and a red card is ok?[emoji23]

Well done to Elgin, clearly wanted it more than us and the first goal was a cracker.

For the second though, I didn’t even realise it was possible for that to happen. Has anyone ever seen a ref allow play to continue and then come back and send a player off? And how can the double jeopardy rule have come in to prevent a red card and penalty being awarded at the same time, but a goal and a red card is ok?[emoji23]

Referees can play advantage and issue a red card if there's a goalscoring opportunity (which there obviously was in this case).

Feel bad for Ferrie though. Got put into a ridiculous situation with his defender.

Referees can play advantage and issue a red card if there's a goalscoring opportunity (which there obviously was in this case).

Feel bad for Ferrie though. Got put into a ridiculous situation with his defender.

Isn't the crux of the matter the denial of the goalscoring opportunity, though? In this case, he didn't deny it. Was the challenge bad enough to warrant a red card on its own merits?

Archived