The Big Relegation Thread

What idiots even thought St. Johnstone were in any danger? St. Johnstone were fucking awful at the start of the season, but it clearly wouldn't go on forever.

6 hours ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

Hearts will be a  loss to the top flight.
Even in a weaker state they are one of the few teams that can beat Rangers. As opposed to other clubs who surrender too easily.

Fairly sure that - until their recent league and cup wins over The Rangers, Hearts had not beaten them in any competition for over 3 years.....................

On 11/03/2020 at 07:20, djchapsticks said:

I'm sure that everyone can agree, the only fair way to do this is to let tonight's match go ahead, then if we avoid defeat,the SPFL can cancel the 2019/20 season due to coronavirus and announce all positions at that point as final. 

I don't mean to brag or anything but it's clear that I am an absolute pioneer and should be lauded as such.

7 hours ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

Hearts will be a  loss to the top flight.
Even in a weaker state they are one of the few teams that can beat Rangers. As opposed to other clubs who surrender too easily.

We're coming up though - vacancy filled.

13 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

I don't mean to brag or anything but it's clear that I am an absolute pioneer and should be lauded as such.

You probably got some greenies from jambos at the time 🤣

Just now, SEETHING said:

Thank you for confirming that the SPFL is acting unlawfully. 

If the SPFL is acting unlawfully they will no doubt be challenged and defeated in court.  Do you see that happening?

6 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

If the SPFL is acting unlawfully they will no doubt be challenged and defeated in court.  Do you see that happening?

Hearts haven't been relegated yet, so they could only seek a judicial review after that point. They'd fucking better. :lol: "We're considering all our options" means nothing though - just a way of kicking the can down the road. Either act or shut up. 

Partick Thistle have acted like complete cowards over the whole thing. Putting out a tears and snotters statement while admitting that they'd rather not challenge the decision that fucks them. Still time for them to change their minds, right enough - they've got three months from the date of the decision. 

Edited by SEETHING

The SPFL will most likely confirm the season is finished now, as per the will of the member clubs, which means all league matches have now been played and in turn Hearts take a season out to visit the Scottish Championship. Seems straightforward and above board to me.

:) 

3 minutes ago, SEETHING said:

Hearts haven't been relegated yet, so they could only seek a judicial review after that point. They'd fucking better. :lol: "We're considering all our options" means nothing though - just a way of kicking the can down the road. Either act or shut up. 

Partick Thistle have acted like complete cowards over the whole thing. Putting out a tears and snotters statement while admitting that they'd rather not challenge the decision that fucks them. Still time for them to change their minds, right enough - they've got three months from the date of the decision. 

Once again, do you see that happening?

3 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Once again, do you see that happening?

How the f**k am I supposed to know? Trying to second-guess Budge's thought processes is completely futile. She's as likely to send Doncaster a "no hard feelings" fruit basket as to instruct solicitors to pursue a Judicial Review. 

I hope so. 

6 minutes ago, SEETHING said:

How the f**k am I supposed to know? Trying to second-guess Budge's thought processes is completely futile. She's as likely to send Doncaster a "no hard feelings" fruit basket as to instruct solicitors to pursue a Judicial Review. 

I hope so. 

It won’t happen because everything the SPFL has done is within its powers therefore there is nothing “unlawful” about its actions.

You might be unhappy with the outcome but that does not equate with the actions being “unlawful”.

2 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

It won’t happen because everything the SPFL has done is within its powers therefore there is nothing “unlawful” about its actions.

You might be unhappy with the outcome but that does not equate with the actions being “unlawful”.

I'll defer to your legal knowledge m8, but I'm not sure I agree with you. At the risk of sounding a bit Rangers/Celtic, a vote so seriously tainted is no vote at all. 

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

It'll go to court and they'll be challenged and the SPFL will win the case. But small clubs hanging on for the league restart will lose and go to the wall. Which is exactly Hearts intentions.

15 hours ago, Green Day said:

Fairly sure that - until their recent league and cup wins over The Rangers, Hearts had not beaten them in any competition for over 3 years.....................

...and yet, Accies have beaten Rangers twice at Ibrox over the same time period. 

Funny that.