The Big Relegation Thread

42 minutes ago, Durnford said:

Yes; is looking a bit of a life or death struggle between the bottom 3; Aberdeen are only one point away but with two games in hand, and none of the remaining games against the old firm, I think we can assume they're "comfortable".

Motherwell and Hibs only 1 and 2 points ahead of St J so they won't be comfortable either albeit both have a game in hand over them. It's going to get pretty tight if County win one of those games in hand i.e. v Hibs.   For some reason I'm discounting Aberdeen who I expect to pick up enough points to leave them clear and still fighting for top 6.  

10 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Motherwell and Hibs only 1 and 2 points ahead of St J so they won't be comfortable either albeit both have a game in hand over them. It's going to get pretty tight if County win one of those games in hand i.e. v Hibs.   For some reason I'm discounting Aberdeen who I expect to pick up enough points to leave them clear and still fighting for top 6.  

Livingston have to play both Motherwell and Hibs before the break; as well as trips to St Johnstone and Ross County. Just recently our form against Motherwell has been appalling; but not a whole lot better against Hibs - that being said Hibs away and Motherwell at home have been our only league wins this season so go figure.

54 minutes ago, Durnford said:

Livingston have to play both Motherwell and Hibs before the break; as well as trips to St Johnstone and Ross County. Just recently our form against Motherwell has been appalling; but not a whole lot better against Hibs - that being said Hibs away and Motherwell at home have been our only league wins this season so go figure.

I'd say if you can go into the split no more than 6 behind you have a chance of avoiding 12th, but  slim one.  That said, from experience as a Dundee fan it's easier said than done to bridge what looks like a smallish gap.

1 hour ago, hk blues said:

I'd say if you can go into the split no more than 6 behind you have a chance of avoiding 12th, but  slim one.  That said, from experience as a Dundee fan it's easier said than done to bridge what looks like a smallish gap.

County have to be our main target but I'd feel a lot more optimistic if Adams was still in charge.

No real change after last night, apart from Aberdeen and Motherwelll edging a further point towards safety.

Screenshot_20240215_080908_Chrome.thumb.jpg.dd73200bb91c8b0024810cb8612ab52a.jpg

Suspect the top 4 all dreaming of the top 6, while the bottom 3 is now solely about avoiding relegation.

Ross County the main players here. Livingston are doomed if County can pick up points. Those above will be saved if they dont.

Screenshot_20240215_081138_Chrome.thumb.jpg.19e71faf051b287ebd010a164d49d1a2.jpg

One of Aberdeen or Hibs could virtually go safe with a win?

Massive game for Livingston again, while Dundee could get themselves out this thread with a win v County. They might troll everyone else and lose though, which sets Perth/Motherwell/Aberdeen or Hibs arses twitching.

That overall run of form is quite something from the bottom six. Two wins out of your last 30 matches combined - both of which came against Del Boys County - is quite remarkable levels of collective shite. If any of the bottom two can win a couple of games then it's going to get interesting.

image.png

Edited by Lex

6 minutes ago, Lex said:

That overall run of form is quite something from the bottom six. Two wins out of your last 30 matches combined - both of which came against Del Boys County - is quite remarkable levels of collective shite. If any of the bottom two can win a couple of games then it's going to get interesting.

image.png

Two wins in the whole bunch? That's impressive......

1 hour ago, Lex said:

image.png

The games after the split will be a slog.

A draw in every game, every week.

Amazingly, if County win their next two games, you’d probably make them safe from automatic relegation.  After the season we’ve had, I don’t know if that’s marvellous baws oot attitude or a shameful indictment on the league.  

9 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

Our defence last night was worse than at any point under Adams or MacKay.  We’re fucked. 

I seem to recall a County poster described Ayina as talented but a bit raw. He's a bit raw in the way that Mount Everest is a bit high.

4 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

Amazingly, if County win their next two games, you’d probably make them safe from automatic relegation.  After the season we’ve had, I don’t know if that’s marvellous baws oot attitude or a shameful indictment on the league.  

Considering the respective points tallies of everyone in mid-October, its probably more telling about the size of collapse Livingston have had more than any league wide issue.

Screenshot_20240215_213647_Chrome.thumb.jpg.271e3c0da07886c260baa36c84763f9f.jpg

Edited by RandomGuy.