The Big Relegation Thread

57 minutes ago, Allroy for Prez said:

One for the stattos……

Going into the split, what is the most points a team in the bottom 4 have taken in the last 5 games?

Inverness got a full sweep of 5 wins back in 2006. Ross County (2017), Hamilton (2010) and Kilmarnock (2005) came closest with 4 wins and a draw

2021/22 - Livingston (11)
2020/21 - Motherwell/St Mirren (10)
2019/20 - 8 games to go
2018/19 - St Mirren (11)
2017/18 - Motherwell (10)
2016/17 - Ross County (13)
2015/16 - Inverness (12)
2014/15 - Hamilton (10)
2013/14 - Hearts (10) [Relegated]
2012/13 - Hibernian (11)
2011/12 - Kilmarnock (10)
2010/11 - Inverness (12)
2009/10 - Hamilton (13)
2008/09 - Kilmarnock/Falkirk (10)
2007/08 - St Mirren (8)
2006/07 - Falkirk/Inverness (10)
2005/06 - Inverness (15)
2004/05 - Kilmarnock (13)
2003/04 - Dundee (12)
2002/03 - Hibernian/Aberdeen (12)
2001/02 - Dundee United (11)
2000/01 - Dundee United (12)

1 hour ago, LiviLion said:

Inverness got a full sweep of 5 wins back in 2006. Ross County (2017), Hamilton (2010) and Kilmarnock (2005) came closest with 4 wins and a draw

2019/20 - 8 games to go
2018/19 - St Mirren (11)
2015/16 - Inverness (12)
2014/15 - Hamilton (10)
2012/13 - Hibernian (11)
2010/11 - Inverness (12)
2009/10 - Hamilton (13)
2007/08 - St Mirren (8)
2005/06 - Inverness (15)
2003/04 - Dundee (12)

Some effort that, well done!

What I was getting at is how likely is it teams who find themselves in these positions at this stage of the season then go on a winning runs just cos it’s really needed. 

2 hours ago, LiviLion said:

2019/20 - 8 games to go
2018/19 - St Mirren (11)
2015/16 - Inverness (12)
2014/15 - Hamilton (10)
2012/13 - Hibernian (11)
2010/11 - Inverness (12)
2009/10 - Hamilton (13)
2007/08 - St Mirren (8)
2005/06 - Inverness (15)
2003/04 - Dundee (12)

We won every game 1-0 I believe.

11 hours ago, Molotov said:

I personally don’t want these people involved in the running of any of our clubs as “fun projects”. 

Just look at the farce at Wrexham. It’s all so false.

Boy. I’m so sick of them. 

28 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

What's so farcical with Wrexham ? Sounds like jealousy to me.

😂

I’m not even jealous of the “richest” clubs in the EPL many of which are run on borrowed money. 

IMG_1322.gif.7bc561dfe5cc552762d9aac5aa2ceb6a.gif

I support a club that is now fan owned and will hopefully stay that way.

I’d rather my club spent within our means and continue to represent the town of Paisley for another 145+ years. 

Many of these non-fan owned clubs are at far greater risk of disaster. 

We have witnessed many such failures in Scottish (English & Welsh) football with a number of clubs entering administration (some more than once) and some ultimately liquidation which hits the fans hardest.

Even the once mighty Dunfermline FC went into administration possibly fleecing creditors and HMRC along the way.

Why?

Perhaps because your previous owners were overspending to gain an unfair advantage over other clubs. 

I couldn’t give a shit about the current owners of Wrexham. Like I don’t give a shit about your former owners. I’m sure those two individuals are not well liked by yourself given what your club endured.

My only hope is that this particular vanity project in Wrexham drains the personal finances of these two individuals.

I prefer clubs to be owned by the fans to stop this nonsense.

8 minutes ago, Molotov said:

I prefer clubs to be owned by the fans to stop this nonsense.

Wrexham now own their own stadium, and related facilities, for the first time in over a decade.

Financially theyre being more prudent (wage/turnover) than almost every other National League side and at last accounts would more than comply with the 55% rule by the EFL.

Any profits made the club are being put in the club coffers, and all monies owed to the owners are being paid off at a low monthly rate.

Wrexham are well placed to be perfectly fine even if the owners just up and leave. Theyll have their stadium, facilities, and money in the bank. Theyll have to scale back due to loss of major sponsorships, but if theyre high enough up the league system by then it might be fine.

Fam ownership is fine, but this idea is some flawless, perfect, ideal model for every single club is just complete nonsense. If it works for St Mirren then great and good for you, but that doesnt mean its the only thing that works nor means its the best for everyone.

14 minutes ago, Molotov said:

We have witnessed many such failures in Scottish (English & Welsh) football with a number of clubs entering administration (some more than once) and some ultimately liquidation which hits the fans hardest.

Have you not been paying attention over the past eleven years? Only a meaningless expendable operating company goes into administration and liquidation, while the newly debt-free club attaches itself to another off-the-shelf company and carries on virtually unscathed, ready to run up more debt. Rinse and repeat.

What's that I hear you say? That arrangement only applied to one club with mystical powers?

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

Fam ownership is fine, but this idea is some flawless, perfect, ideal model for every single club is just complete nonsense. If it works for St Mirren then great and good for you, but that doesnt mean its the only thing that works nor means its the best for everyone.

Never said fan ownership was flawless. Just look at the mess of the supposed largest fan ownership in Barcelona.

We have already encountered issues and divisions between groups within our model.

However despite this I personally prefer our current model of ownership than what we had decades ago that took years to recover from as a result of over spending.

Thankfully my club never went into administration like Dundee, Livingston, Motherwell, Hearts, etc or liquidation like Gretna, Rangers, etc. 

The downfall in Paisley started when Smith was sacked and Fitzpatrick replaced him. But Fitzpatrick gets a free ride from many supporters despite the financial burden he started with gusto on the back of Ian Ferguson transfer to Rangers.

Our current BoD have certainly adjusted the budget higher recently resulting in a significant loss which hopefully will be addressed in the coming weeks. 

Just now, Molotov said:

Never said fan ownership was flawless. Just look at the mess of the supposed largest fan ownership in Barcelona.

We have already encountered issues and divisions between groups within our model.

However despite this I personally prefer our current model of ownership than what we had decades ago that took years to recover from as a result of over spending.

Thankfully my club never went into administration like Dundee, Livingston, Motherwell, Hearts, etc or liquidation like Gretna, Rangers, etc. 

The downfall in Paisley started when Smith was sacked and Fitzpatrick replaced him. But Fitzpatrick gets a free ride from many supporters despite the financial burden he started with gusto on the back of Ian Ferguson transfer to Rangers.

Our current BoD have certainly adjusted the budget higher recently resulting in a significant loss which hopefully will be addressed in the coming weeks. 

Yeah, im very much bored of this "look at how great we are" pish thats spouted all over this site about everything whenever St Mirren are doing well, so we'll notch this one down as tl;dr and not speak of it again.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Yeah, im very much bored of this "look at how great we are" pish thats spouted all over this site about everything whenever St Mirren are doing well, so we'll notch this one down as tl;dr and not speak of it again.

IMG_1323.gif.fa9fc83441747e26b75669fe3b868c32.gif

1 hour ago, Molotov said:

It wasn't Fitzpatrick that released the funds to sign the players.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

I’m a St Mirren fan and I’m feeling the same, still a lot of questions around the club despite being in a good position in the league. 
Why bother with the highs when you can stay low all the time!

Top six not a given yet and while arithmetically safe we still feel the need to post in the relegation thread. 

15 hours ago, TheScarf said:

I'm talking shite.  We beat Falkirk 2-0 in the penultimate game.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2005–06_Inverness_Caledonian_Thistle_F.C._season

Glad you provided the link there. Slight concern that younger readers wouldn't have believed Falkirk were in the top flight.

15 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Wrexham now own their own stadium, and related facilities, for the first time in over a decade.

Financially theyre being more prudent (wage/turnover) than almost every other National League side and at last accounts would more than comply with the 55% rule by the EFL.

Any profits made the club are being put in the club coffers, and all monies owed to the owners are being paid off at a low monthly rate.

Wrexham are well placed to be perfectly fine even if the owners just up and leave. Theyll have their stadium, facilities, and money in the bank. Theyll have to scale back due to loss of major sponsorships, but if theyre high enough up the league system by then it might be fine.

This sounds like exactly the sort of stuff spouted by every other financially doped club spending beyond their means. You'll hear the same from Queen's Park fans right now too despite them very clearly chucking big money at staff which clearly aren't being paid for by the number fans going through the gate.