The Big Relegation Thread

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Only happened once in the last 10 seasons im sure, and it was Dundee a few years back.

Cheers - that's what I thought. 

Instinctively, I feel that the newcomers often do well in the 1st season but it's the 2nd season when they tend to find things more difficult.  

41 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Cheers - that's what I thought. 

Instinctively, I feel that the newcomers often do well in the 1st season but it's the 2nd season when they tend to find things more difficult.  

Think things are a bit skewed by how theres regularly a big spending team coming up too, so its almost like a Premiership team in the Championship returning than a Championship side reaching the Premiership, if that make sense?

Hearts, Hibs, Rangers would all fit that i think. Then you had United getting promoted while having Shankland up front, and Kilmarnock being promoted with McInnes in charge.

26 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Think things are a bit skewed by how theres regularly a big spending team coming up too, so its almost like a Premiership team in the Championship returning than a Championship side reaching the Premiership, if that make sense?

Hearts, Hibs, Rangers would all fit that i think. Then you had United getting promoted while having Shankland up front, and Kilmarnock being promoted with McInnes in charge.

Meanwhile, when we came up we had McPake in charge and stuck pretty much with a Championship squad, and not even a Championship winning one at that.  

Dundee ain't going down IMO.

Also can see the Championship side win the play off this time. Whether Raith, Dundee Utd, Partick (Dunfermline and others too poor I reckon)

It will be very close and unless County continue there recent good form County will be in the battle.

Hope Livi continue their poor form, respect them a lot, kind of like us really and mutal dislike of ICT. Just anyone but County. No play off drama either as likesaid

50 minutes ago, Sonam said:

Dundee ain't going down IMO.

Also can see the Championship side win the play off this time. Whether Raith, Dundee Utd, Partick (Dunfermline and others too poor I reckon)

It will be very close and unless County continue there recent good form County will be in the battle.

Hope Livi continue their poor form, respect them a lot, kind of like us really and mutal dislike of ICT. Just anyone but County. No play off drama either as likesaid

Raith look great fun but i can fully see them being chucked about in a similar manner as Falkirk were when they played Kilmarnock.

Nah Kilmarnock are safe, the run of form needed for them to drop down simply wont happen under McInnes.

Not sure why Dundee fans are trying to lump them in with Kilmarnock though. Youre closer to 11th than 6th points wise. 

Edited by RandomGuy.

It is a 3 maybe 4 way tussle between ourselves, Livi, St Johnstone and Ross County. 

Dundee and Killie have assembled decent squads with strong battling qualities and with some decent players to boot. St Mirren are similar but probably even a step up in terms of individual quality. 

I thought Ross C with Adams at the helm would motor away. And they possibly will once Uncle Roy gives him 💰 to spend in January. That said I thought they looked poor in the highlights v St Mirren. Granted that could be down to how good St Mirren were but suggests they may not be out of it yet.

33 minutes ago, welldaft said:

It is a 3 maybe 4 way tussle between ourselves, Livi, St Johnstone and Ross County. 

Dundee and Killie have assembled decent squads with strong battling qualities and with some decent players to boot. St Mirren are similar but probably even a step up in terms of individual quality. 

I thought Ross C with Adams at the helm would motor away. And they possibly will once Uncle Roy gives him 💰 to spend in January. That said I thought they looked poor in the highlights v St Mirren. Granted that could be down to how good St Mirren were but suggests they may not be out of it yet.

Dundee will depend on how they react to their first poor run, they could collapse and be dragged down, or respond well and go clear.

I think the current positions are where itll stay, i think. From a Saints perspective i think we've just had such a poor start we'll always be simply trying to stay in touch and slip ups will end up a lot more costly to us than when it happens to others. 

From the games I've seen so far, I wouldn't worry if I was a Killie or Dundee fan. I think those two will be comfortably safe come the end of the season.

For me, the worst sides I've seen this season are Livi and St Johnstone. Both were absolutely stinking in the games I attended.

County and Motherwell look to be in danger of dropping in to a play-off. Livi or St Johnstone to go down automatically and any one of the one that survives, Well and County for the play-off spot.

My gut tells me Livi will be bottom and Motherwell will end up in the play-off.

50 minutes ago, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

From the games I've seen so far, I wouldn't worry if I was a Killie or Dundee fan. I think those two will be comfortably safe come the end of the season.

For me, the worst sides I've seen this season are Livi and St Johnstone. Both were absolutely stinking in the games I attended.

County and Motherwell look to be in danger of dropping in to a play-off. Livi or St Johnstone to go down automatically and any one of the one that survives, Well and County for the play-off spot.

My gut tells me Livi will be bottom and Motherwell will end up in the play-off.

Hopefully you will have sore guts come 5pm this Saturday…….although I very much doubt it.