Square slice and tattie scone

1 hour ago, NJ2 said:

Ingredients please? We have, what I can only describe as a sandwich shop, close by which does a “scooby snack”. Chicken, sweet chilli sauce, peanut butter, cheese. Best o’ teckle but if you think I’m having in the AM you have lost the plot.

Erm, naw that's no a Dundee Scooby. 

Ours is - 2 bacon, 1 lorne, 2 egg, sausages, black pudding and polony (in most places) a couple also chuck in beans and/or hash brown. 

£3.50ish. On a baguette. 

Teckle. 

Erm, naw that's no a Dundee Scooby. 
Ours is - 2 bacon, 1 lorne, 2 egg, sausages, black pudding and polony (in most places) a couple also chuck in beans and/or hash brown. 
£3.50ish. On a baguette. 
Teckle. 

f**k sake, I’d need to take out a loan to buy all that up here!

3 minutes ago, NJ2 said:

f**k sake, I’d need to take out a loan to buy all that up here!

If you're ever up here and pass a Clarks Bakery (think there might be one in Edinburgh?) pop in there, there's a few worse than that. Burgers, bacon, cheese, chips, eggs, onions (helicopter it's known as). Far too much and then they have the 'Chinook' - two helicopters and one pilot. 

Place is braw, but a bit pricey. 

If you're ever up here and pass a Clarks Bakery (think there might be one in Edinburgh?) pop in there, there's a few worse than that. Burgers, bacon, cheese, chips, eggs, onions (helicopter it's known as). Far too much and then they have the 'Chinook' - two helicopters and one pilot. 
Place is braw, but a bit pricey. 

Up? I thought you were in Dundee? That’s doon.

Don't get upset 8mile but for me haggis and black pudding eaten together on a roll doesn't work. I love the taste of each of these delicious foods but for me either one of the two on a roll with a runny egg and crisp bacon and a wee bit broon sauce is the dogs bollocks.

Methinks you’ve maybe been buying thon Kwik-Save haggis Dave.

A good quality generously spiced haggis will more than hold its own whilst also working harmoniously with the punch of the black pud.

1 hour ago, 8MileBU said:

Not getting the ‘no double meat policy’ someone mentioned. Any combo of sassij, bacon, haggis and black pudding with a spot of broon saas is fine.

I agree with this I just think the tattie scone makes it too dry.  Double meat is ok.  I can cope with sausage, tattie scone and fried egg if its a runny egg but its a recipe for disaster clothes wise.

While I'm here - my girlfriend puts mayonnaise on rolls and sausage.

3 hours ago, NJ2 said:

I will be getting a roll tomorrow morning, as is Friday tradition. What’s the P&B consensus? I won’t a fried egg because I’m a dignified adult, I’m open to double meat (Kenneth! Sit down!), would prefer brown sauce (if any) and always open a slice of cheese (Kenneth! You’ve been telt!)...

Kenkeneth.jpg

THE HIGHLAND STACK

Gold Award for Ready to Cook Product in Scottish Craft Butcher Awards 2019

A delicious stack of the true flavours of Scotland. 

A thin slice of our own home made Haggis & Black Pudding encasing a delicous filling of tender sliced chicken breast in a peppercorn sauce. 

Topped with puff pastry and wrapped in smoked bacon.

Sold as a pack of two.

£6.00
highland_stack_new_-_award.jpg?itok=MURBPPof
Its not for a roll, but i tried these recently. Made the mistake of having oven chips and veg with it.  Should have had it on its own.    Awfy guid.

5 minutes ago, Dele said:

Where are those from @hearthammer

Boglily Farm (The Buffalo Farm) just outside Kirkcaldy.  Google "The Buffalo Farm" - they deliver all sorts.  Big bonus for me is i know the provenance of all the meat, etc.   I don't work there - honest.  I shop there regularly though.

ps   their buffalo burgers are the business.

Edited by hearthammer

Boglily Farm (The Buffalo Farm) just outside Kirkcaldy.  Google "The Buffalo Farm" - they deliver all sorts.  Big bonus for me is i know the provenance of all the meat, etc.   I don't work there - honest.  I shop there regularly though.

ps   their buffalo burgers are the business.

just had a look at this site. everything looks good. thinking of an order soon